Death by whisky

Yngwie

I have heard this story from my father, an ex-policeman, who told me it happened doon the ferry when two locals embarked on a race to see who could down a half bottle quickest.  Ah, the joys of alcoholic poisoning.

Yngwie,

I remember this well.  My brother Ron and I were working in Twickenham and were well known for our whisky capacity.  It so happened that these two gentlemen were also Williamsons and as the news spread round work we had to take some stick!  Don't remember all the details though but can vouch for the story.

:021:  us every lunchtime in the 'Cabbage Patch'

My old man was a great devotee of Old Inverness but never seen it for a while. I vaguely remember the competition- think they just got a pint tumbler each or something.

John,  Old inverness is available in North Kessock Spar shop for only ?10.49 or thereabouts.

Still pretty rough though.

• 3 months later...
Guest Jock Watt

There used to be (I don't think it's still available) a whisky in Australia by the name of CORIO !  Patrons would ask for a C-O-R-10!