Does anyone know?

Guest Jock Watt

Guest Jock Watt

What ever happened to Bobby Bolt junior (he began his apprenticeship at the Highland News after I had completed mine) OR Sunny Sutherland who lived next door to Dan Dyce and opposite my place at the top of Kessock Avenue.

Bobby was the son of the Bobby Bolt who came to Inverness from the Rangers to play for Clach.

Jock, please read my reply #36 under Highland League Legends (memories section)

Bobby Bolt Jr. retired from Highland Printers a number of years ago, he did a lot of part time bouncer work for many years, at present I believe he is driving a taxi in the town.

I heard from a mutual acquaintance a few months ago that he was diagnosed with some, debilitating illness (early stages)

I recall many moons ago Bobby and I spent an afternoon in the Beauly Police Station after being caught red handed by a game keeper poaching for trout at a local ''stocked'' pond!

Canuck! How could you, a fine upstanding person such as you!  Poaching, and not even asking me to grill the trout! (or enjoy the end product!)  If it was after 1972, you should have called on me to ask the local Polis to give you mercy and I would have tried to use my "feminine" wiles!? or at least asked for clemency!

When you coming over in April?  Looking forward to your visit and reminiscing on past times including the footie!

Eliza. Got off with a slap on the wrist for getting our fishing locations ''mixed up!!!'' Unfortunately I had to leave a nice size fish hidden when the game keeper and Polis appeared over the horizon, apparently where Bobby had parked his car was a dead giveaway.The Copper was an Inverness Lad (I forget his name)who also frequented the Gellions, as soon as he recognized us- he had to hold back the laughter!

I will be arriving at Glasgow Airport early Wed. 16th April, will be going directly to Ayr to spend a couple of days with my Brother.We will travel up to Inverness on Friday evening  for the big Family celebration (my Sister and Husband's 50th. wedding anniversary) on Sat 19th.

Hope Caley Thistle are at ''home'' on that date as I would love to watch them, unfortunately as that date is after the ''split" there is no way of knowing where they will be.

I, too am looking forward to reminiscing over  past times, a lot of water has passed under the Bridge in the last 32 years!

Thanks for calling me a fine, upstanding person - are you sure you are talking about me? you did'nt always think that!