whats the crack with rankin?

strathyjags

who have we targetted to bring in to replace him/no-one i bet :008: :018:

Did you bother to read the other threads before posting this ? If you did you might have found out that the rumoured name in the frame is Dean Shiels

the same dene shiels thats just scored against us?  :007:

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Surely the few extra ?k we might get for selling a non cup tied player would be far less than the money gained from being in the next round of the cup  :023:

Still plenty of time to turn things around (fingers crossed)

Surely the few extra ?k we might get for selling a non cup tied player would be far less than the money gained from being in the next round of the cup  :023:

indeed.

Disagree - I think our performance  today demonstrated how much we will miss Rankin if (and given his absence today it looks like he will)  he does go.  Rankin and wilson are players who can change games, looking at the bench today when we were 2-0 down  it was a struggle to see who could come on and make a difference.

Seems strange, with all the speculation :024: What's wrong with him then? Cuptieitis?

A few months ago I wouldn't have cared if he'd gone, I really didn't rate him much.

Since coming back in against Utd though, he's been excellent, and I reckon we'll regret losing him in the long run.

I'm not sure we would have to replace him as we have plenty cover in midfield. 

Cover - yes. Quality - no.

We saw today that our left side is nowhere near as effective minus Rankin.

Did you bother to read the other threads before posting this ? If you did you might have found out that the rumoured name in the frame is Dean Shiels

We ALWAYS get linked with him. It's lazy journalism.

I'm pretty sure we were VERY interested in him this time and the player was 'unsettled' by lack of first team opportunities. Too late now of course :014:

If the papers are to be believed today it seems to be a 4 way race to sign Rankin with St Mirren, Aberdeen, Hibs & Falkirk. Parkie was saying the player is someone Hibs would be very interested in signing. I suppose that might bump his value up if we can generate a bidding war but we shall miss the player as and when he goes

Parkie was saying the player is someone Hibs would be very interested in signing. I suppose that might bump his value up if we can generate a bidding war but we shall miss the player as and when he goes

Very interesting!!!

I've heard stories that Park was actually the antagoniser behind the situation that led to Rankin falling out of favour with both Christie and Brewster.  A fact that only came to light following his (Parks) departure.

Hope the highland curse comes and boots him up his arse. Cheerio ye muppet.  :sillywave:          :tic01:                                             

Bit unfair surely.  As far as I can see, he was told he was going, rather than requested to leave.

For my money, he's our most dangerous midfielder and we'll really miss him.  Let's hope the likes of Arbroath or East Stirlingshire have got someone tucked away, as I can't see us going for anyone even in the First Division, never mind the SPL (though knowing us, we'll still have to wait 'til they are on a Bosman)!

Chris

I'm pretty sure we were VERY interested in him this time and the player was 'unsettled' by lack of first team opportunities. Too late now of course :014:

It's the same every time though. He is always "unsettled" and we are always "monitoring his situation". Nothing ever comes of it and to honest I don't think he would move to us. If he wanted regular first team football he would have left Hibs long ago.

I was slightly surprised he didn't play on Sat, although we never really know what's going on behind the scenes.

One would have thought, however, that it would have been in everyones interests for him to play on Sat, the club the player and not least the team? 

We get a bigger transfer fee if he is available for cup games with his future employer. We did miss him on the park, but I suppose Brew needs to see how the team performs without him. Now he knows the answer to that, while the transfer window is still open.