whats the crack with rankin?

strathyjags

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh, come on RiG, surely you can do better than that!

Last chance for a public display of contrition for your disgusting slurs on our erstwhile star.

Go on, you know it makes sense.

JB - I wouldn?t say I have a particular blackness on ?diminutive? dynamos

Indeed, I have an undying devotion for Ian Stewart and he isn?t blessed with great length.

Is ?110k the bestest amount of money we have shipped a player for?

Not an amount to be sniffed at.

Now that Rankin is gone, I wonder just who will take his place.

For his shooting alone, I?d like to see Hart have a shot.

Oh, come on RiG, surely you can do better than that!

Last chance for a public display of contrition for your disgusting slurs on our erstwhile star.

Go on, you know it makes sense.

Oh dear! laugh.gif

I see he came on for Zemmama today. Good luck to him. Still think selling him is a mistake as we seemed to have a great midfield clicking together.

Is ?110k the bestest amount of money we have shipped a player for?

Not an amount to be sniffed at.

Now that Rankin is gone, I wonder just who will take his place.

For his shooting alone, I?d like to see Hart have a shot.

We had an undisclosed six figure amount for Broonie and it could be argued that we got "250 k for Brew the player/coach

Hibs and their Chief Executive; Rod Petrie are exremely adept at selling players on, usually to the Old Firm, for very healthy seven figure sums.

Assuming we've been astute and insisted on a decent "sell on" clause in the deal we might make a great deal more money out of the Rankin sale in a couple of seasons time than we have now.

Now that he's playing for an Edinburgh club the Scotsman may just come to realise that his first name is John and that he doesn't share a name with a well known writer of crime fiction !

Interesting article in The Daily Express with John Rankin explaining his decision to leave.

All the blame is put squarely at the door of Brewster.

Some of the relevant quotes from the article (can't find it online)..

"When Craig Brewster came in he told me I wasn't going to be in his plans and I could leave."

"I made up my mind there and then that I would be leaving Inverness. I was told I wasn't wanted even though I had hardly kicked a ball for him"

" I put my house up for sale and sold it and during that time my fiancee became pregnant. We were perfectly settled in Inverness but when I was told I was surplus to requirements we both agreed it would be better to try and get a move to the central belt to be closer to our families"