whats the crack with rankin?

strathyjags

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Theres nothing official anywhere as far as I can see, but Real Radio are apparently reporting that we accepted a bid from Hibs. Can't imagine personal terms being a problem.

Glad he's going there and not St Mirren or Falkirk.

St Mirren and Falkirk have upped their offers for Inverness midfielder John Rankin but face competition from an English club. (Daily Express)

I'm guessing that Hibs have made an 11th hour bid and now that Calderwood has just signed a new deal with Dons, I would reckon they might try a cheeky bid aswell.

Will be interesting to see what english club that is?!

We really are short on the left now - Morgan gone, Rankin almost gone, Zander on loan, Barry isn't really getting a chance.  It looks like it could be McBain for the rest of the season and he just isn't a player to burst up the wing, run at defenders and try to take them on then swing in a cross.

We have to go and find a new left mid.

I think Markus will be used there when fully fit.

That's if he doesn't team up with his big brother again in the near future....

If it is true that JR's gone to the Hibbees, I hope he gets on better with Donald this time around....  :024:

I think Markus will be used there when fully fit.

That would seem the logical choice. McBain certainly isn't up to it and Barry struggles to last 90 minutes these days. Vigurs isn't going to be risked either

Anyone know if Ryan Stevenson from Ayr is left footed?

Marius can also play on left wing (according to Football Manager - and he is amazing in that position).

You'd better edit that mate. IHE might hurt himself laughing!  :015:

Marius can also play on left wing (according to Football Manager - and he is amazing in that position.

if you had added ...  :tic01: then perhaps it wouldnt have been so funny, but as I think you are being serious, all I can say is  :029:

here scotty.  Football Manager is amazing!!  Don't mock it or me for playing Marius on the left wing.  He has got 16 goals in 34 games there.

Aye, and in the very same game I am a tactical genius who has taken ICT to the top with the same squad we have now and who all the players love because of my grasp of the game, winning training techniques, and the way I handle the press ........

meanwhile, back in the real world ...... I make a great armchair manager, but I wouldnt last 5 minutes running a 'real' professional team.

Nothing on OFFICIAL Hibs site.

BBC Scotland saying Hibs have tabled a bid.....  I'm just praying they are not going to try and land young Marcus at the same time... That would be a body blow for us, just as he is regaining full fitness...

"You'd better edit that mate. IHE might hurt himself laughing"

how??

Dont take any notice - it may just work - Marius has the blistering pace to play on the wide left - I can just see him now skinning the defender, hitting the bye line and knocking in the crosses.

More interest, more money. I think ?150,000 is a much more realistic price for JR, personally. Anything less is an insult. He is now a quality SPL player. You'd think Caley would have made moves to fill the gaping hole already. Brewster and his last minute impulse purchases eh!

Apparantly Falkirk and St M have both tabled ?70,000 bids with Hibs and Aberdeen also interested. The club have said they want at least what they paid so, if all clubs bid the same, does the final decision come down to where Rankin wants to go?

No.....

I'm reliably informed that decision would be made by his girlfriend.....  :rolleyes02:

From what I gather, we're holding out for at least ?100,000; which is not that bad a bit of business I suppose. I liked Rankin, but won't be losing any sleep of how we'll cope without him. Although, I'd like to give him a massive thankyou for making an extremely injured man (broken ribs and 18 stitch head wound, gained from a car crash) sat in a predominantly Rangers supporting pub in Elgin very happy, for THAT goal. I completely lost it when it hit the back of the net and to this day I don't know how I didn't get my head kicked in that night  :022:

Really looking forward to seeing how Markus gets on in the next few months, as he has the chance to cement his place at Left Midfield. Just hope he doesn't sign a pre-contract with anyone!