The Stadium Trust

Kingsmills

Without being complacent about our current SPL status, the club is now in much more robust financial health with an income stream that would now allow us to service such a level of debt without too much stress on the finances especially with interest rates on the way down again.

It seems to me that there might now be merit in ownership of the rights under the lease being transferred back to the club so that the club can seek to exploit any development opportunities directly as well as beefing up the balance sheet.

What do others think ?

An interesting post Kingsmills.  I'm not so sure our income stream would allow the club to service this level of debt.  Let's assume the debt is around ?2.5m and the interest is around ?125k per year.  The profit for last year was about ?270k, so the interest repayment would equate to 46% of the profit.  We've also got remember that the turnover for the last 2 to 3 years has been substantially increased due to compensation payments and Scottish cup ties.

I think the club's bankers would take a lot of convincing that ?2.5m of debt should be added to the balance sheet in exchange for the ownership of the stadium.

It's my understanding that the rental of the stadium is less than the annual interest on the debt.

As much as the Bught park has an obvious attraction as a stadium location, it will never happen due to the hostility of the local establishment.  I for one do have an attachment to TCS, in our short time there we stocked up a fair number of good memories.

I've always felt that the stadium would be better sited at the retail park area. Close to the A9, A96 and rail line, and a Travel Inn nearby for away fans.

Could be sited across the A9 from Inverness Medical (although this site is, i believe, unfortunately earmarked for the new college campus). A pedestrian bridge could link to beechwood business park, which houses a pub and travel inn, and a choice of more pubs down the road. Inverness will expand to the east and, also with new towns springing up at Tornagrain and Whiteness, the retail park will eventually become the geographical centre of Inverness. 

Personally I reckon the Bught location would cause traffic chaos on matchdays.

The present location of the stadium I think will become more of an asset in the future. The new expansion of the area to the east of Inverness is going to be quite significant in terms of population and access for traveling support is good. having a stadium in a residential area is backward looking to favour a small few. A successfull Premier League Club  in Inverness will draw in support from the whole of the Highlands and beyond. Good access to the A9 from north and south vital.  The layout of the main stand in terms of shelter from the elements is c**p I must admit. I moved my seat to the back of section G in the North stand and am dry and wind free !

Guest neksor

Does the Trust  produce annual balance sheets which would clarify the present financial state?

What rent does ICT pay to the Trust?

Do the Trust pay their directors a salary or dividend?

Why is this information not in the public domain?

neksor

Not these days Jboy.  Stadiums on the outskirts are popping up, easy access for away fans as well. I think it's fine where it is.  Try getting seven thousand people in and out of the stadium if it were in the town centre and there would be chaos.  

Falkirks new stadium is in the middle of nowhere, but it's easy to access by vehicle.

I was thinking in the future when the proposed new by-pass to link the A9 with the A82 is established.

I certainly don't think the citing of Falkirk's new stadium should be held up as a shining example of the way forward for our national sport....

As far as I'm aware there are no plans to relocate the OF to the outskirts of Glasgow, or Man U to the outskirts of Manchester - or to move Liverpool, Newcastle, Chelsea, etc, etc.....

I've only been in Inverness for a few short years, but whoever came up with the idea of installing ICT's stadium in just about the most god forsaken hole it would be possible to find around the city, should have his/her head examined. This was obviously someone who quite clearly had no respect for the people of Inverness, and no respect for football lovers anywhere in Scotland....

Johnboy... if you can get a hold of "Against All Odds", the complex story of how the stadium ended up at East Longman is all in there - especially the chapter entitled "Finding a Home". It might be cold and windy at TCS but you'll possibly be interested to read about the alternatives ... or indeed the severe lack of them... in and around Inverness.

In addition to that, the tale of a stadium site is not restricted only to ICT in 1994. Before that, Caley in the Highland League also had a long and fruitless search for a new home.

Does the Trust  produce annual balance sheets which would clarify the present financial state?

What rent does ICT pay to the Trust?

Do the Trust pay their directors a salary or dividend?

Why is this information not in the public domain?

neksor

The information is in the public domain.

Send ?5 to Companies House and they'll send you back a report.