Caley must win

Guest Aboynamedsue

Guest Aboynamedsue

It wouldnt surprise me if Caley get beat by Gretna tomorrow , i'm not saying i want that to happen but it would be just typical of us eh , fab against the old firm & shyte against diddy teams

PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG TOMORROW BOYS !!!!!

A no what you mean...  I was thinking the same but didnt we win 4-0 away against Gretna? But its been so gutting in the past to watch ICT play amazing against the OF and then get taken apart by someone like Falkirk or St Mirren the next week.

(No disrespect to Falkirk or St Mirren. Well Mirren a bit maybe. They stole Dargo)

The 4-0 game was a bit of a strange one, had we not scored in the first few minutes from the spot and then from a free kick then it couldve been very different.  Our last two goals came during a period the game opened up for both sides to get shots in, McBains on another day wouldve been palmed over the bar.

We comfortably deserved to win that game but the goals were all marginal aside from Barrys move, the set pieces were both brilliantly taken, but we wont score every free kick or get every decision our way.  We didnt create more than 1 clear cut chance that day, we've played better.  :029:

All said I'd be disappointed if we didnt beat them tomorrow again, after the Aberdeen game theres no question motivation will be high, I think we'll score in the first half and see the game out, maybe making it 2-0 late on.

We have to be on top form at the back, no slip ups and no mistakes, Gretna cannot take the lead..

We will win this easily. Gretna are astonishingly poor and have gotten rid of even more players without bringing anyone in to replace them. They are weaker than they were before whereas we are stronger. They might have had a few close games but I can't see anything other than an ICT win. At least 3 - 0.

Gretna's loaning out and letting go, pre-window, has been close to either dramatic or downright stoopid. Either they have just resolved themselves to the drop and are tightening up the budget fer next season or they have a few big rabbits to pull out of the hat in January. As far as today goes that is good news fer us. We just simply have to come roaring out of the traps today - another early goal and we could be in fer a shedful.

But I fer one would not be surprised if Gretna regroup and are a formidable force in the SFL gain next season. That may also give them a chance to barter again about the size of Raydale.

We've always had it our own way against Gretna, got the goals at the right time etc. Indeed they've never even scored against us and lost 12. A bit like County really  :015:

In the SPL, the pattern seems to be Gretna playing some nice football and missing a few chances, before the other team knocks the stuffing out of them and the heads go down. Usual scenario is a total collapse in the second half.

What I wouldn't want to see is them getting something to hold on to, as we're no better than anybody else at having to chase the game. Ideal case is, we are two up after 10 mins.

We will win this easily. Gretna are astonishingly poor and have gotten rid of even more players without bringing anyone in to replace them. They are weaker than they were before whereas we are stronger. They might have had a few close games but I can't see anything other than an ICT win. At least 3 - 0.

Great stuff.

Great stuff.

Aye well done for the positive & correct prediction !