McGuire rejects Caley offer

Libero

Guest CALEY CALEY CALEYJAGS

if your going to highlight mistakes go to the beginning. tokes mistake against the gers granty was marking hessillink and conceded 2 headed goals granty also gave away a pen against killie. the penalty against the dons was not mcguires fault miller toed it over his head then proceded to dive in the box, celtic when proctor was sent off was a genuine mistake where he lost his footing , we need to get over this not as good as dodds or mann stats are there we are more successful with him and granty and hopefully that continues. get over it u lot everyone will make mistakes its not down to us to crucify them. certainly when someone turns down a contract and then say he is no good, as far as a dons reserve well if playing over 180 games is a reserve and gettin dunfermlines player of the year i would think he is a good addition to our team..

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone will disagree that he will be a good addition to the team. 

Prove to me that we would not have been so successfull if he was not playing.  In other words, we might have been better with someone else playing.  I doubt it either, but it can't be proven one way or the other.  I commend your staunch defending of Phil Mrs McGuire and hope he does sign as he has certainly appeared to be a reason the defence is more resolute, but he is not the messiah, just another reasonable player .

Oh, bye the way, what the **** is a genuine mistake.

if your going to highlight mistakes go to the beginning. tokes mistake against the gers granty was marking hessillink and conceded 2 headed goals granty also gave away a pen against killie. the penalty against the dons was not mcguires fault miller toed it over his head then proceded to dive in the box, celtic when proctor was sent off was a genuine mistake where he lost his footing , we need to get over this not as good as dodds or mann stats are there we are more successful with him and granty and hopefully that continues. get over it u lot everyone will make mistakes its not down to us to crucify them. certainly when someone turns down a contract and then say he is no good, as far as a dons reserve well if playing over 180 games is a reserve and gettin dunfermlines player of the year i would think he is a good addition to our team..

dont take it to heart phil  :001:

Graeme Bennett is quoted in today's P & J stating that we've reached a deal with the Pars to keep McGuire until the end of the season but that he's still to finalise the terms of a longer term contract.

However, he does appear confident of reaching a deal with the player soon.

Looks like the deal is just about done to sign Phil on a two and a half year contract.  All has to be completed by 5pm tonight to allow him to be available for the game tomorrow.  The deal includes a wage cut in line with the current budget and there are still a few things to iron out, but both today's P&J and Courier have the same story.  Good bit of business if it works out.

Interesting bit at the bottom of the Herald's article on Brewster hanging up his boots

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines...ying_career.php

Phil McGuire looks set to be confirmed as an Inverness player ahead of the fourth-round tie against Hibs, with the defender's move from Dunfermline close to being finalised. Graeme Bennett, the Inverness director of football, revealed a nominal fee had been agreed, but added: "We need to get everything done by 5pm Friday to make sure he can play against Hibs."

***IVY, ALL BEING DISCUSSED ON RUMOUR BOARD, WHEN CONFIRMED POST ON ICT UNTIL THEN KEEP ON ONE THREAD***

It certainly will deserve it's own topic when the facts have all been revealed, maybe after five tonight, until then please keep the boards tidy and post on topics pertaining to the subjects in question.  What you have posted is already on this thread therefore no new news being added, bit like this post I suppose.

Note, the sub heading on this topic has already been altered to show that the original heading may not be the finished article.  Anyway, I've just washed my hair and I can't do a thing with it

Looks like the deal is just about done to sign Phil on a two and a half year contract.  All has to be completed by 5pm tonight to allow him to be available for the game tomorrow.  The deal includes a wage cut in line with the current budget and there are still a few things to iron out, but both today's P&J and Courier have the same story.  Good bit of business if it works out.

Excellent piece of buisness by Brew and co :clapping03:

If this is confirmed then its a good deal all round. Sounds like ICT may have low-balled and the player may have high-balled in their offers/expectations and a happy medium has been reached. The details are none of our business really, but happy that common sense seems to have prevailed. I still maintain that PM is no Darren Dods or Bobby Mann ... but then again, neither were they when they first came into the side.

PM is a decent defender who is in the process of forming a good partnership with Munro. Hopefully that partnership will continue to grow stronger as the weeks and months go by and we will in future be able to say "He is no Phil McGuire" about future signings.

With David Proctor sniffing around and keeping the central defenders and also Rossco on their toes, I am a lot more content about our defensive situation now than I was a few days ago.

I agree but still think that we need one more experienced defender to cope with injury, suspension and general lack of form.

not so sure.

Richard Hastings has played very well in his last few international games for Canada in the heart of central defence. He has shown in those games that he is more than adequate cover in the centre. Roy McBain has also done quite well when called upon at left back and we also have youngsters Jamie Duff, Guy Kerr and Ally McDonald

Ah the ?low ball? / ?high ball? technique.

Always comes out well in the end.

Welcome Phil, you fit the bill.

ICT truly is the Mother Theresa of the Scottish Football fraternity.

Keep your hair on sweet cheeks!!!  I just thought it deserved its own topic as it surely shouldnt be HIDDEN under McGurie rejects Caley THISTLE offer... why do people still not put Thistle... maybe that should be more of a Moderator issue!!!

dont see how it can be a moderator issue if the media, i.e. sky sports news in this case, choose to use the term 'Caley' as a shortened version of our club name, i merely used the articles headline

It certainly will deserve it's own topic when the facts have all been revealed, maybe after five tonight, until then please keep the boards tidy and post on topics pertaining to the subjects in question.  What you have posted is already on this thread therefore no new news being added, bit like this post I suppose.

Note, the sub heading on this topic has already been altered to show that the original heading may not be the finished article.  Anyway, I've just washed my hair and I can't do a thing with it

unfortunately when i posted the original sub-heading i couldnt guess how the situation was gonna develop ......  :tic01:  :015:

anyways back to the matter in question, glad to see PM has finally signed, i think he will be a good addition to the squad