Black and Proc away?

caley100

Guest Benchy

If he signed that contract it would have upped his value I think. He is reported to be on £500 a week with say 52 weeks to go on his contract.

This would equate to a value of £26,000 in the modern game. ICT could ask for more but if Dargo wanted to go they couldnt stop him. Is he a snip at £26k or a one season wonder though.

Guest Benchy

The current economical climate in the game and the players desire to leave may scupper any figures you as a fan may be thinking!

ICT have already shown that they are hard to bargain with. Surely you as a Dundee United fan know that by now given that ET had to fork out about double what he had planned on spending to get Brewster?

Guest Benchy

Unfortunately with Jean-Marc Bosman the clubs dont have the power anymore friend. Eddie Thompson expected to pay figure A, he had to pay figure B to get his man (not as much as people will let you think!). If that was what it had taken to get Brewster here then so be it. Brewster wanted to come but at the same time would have remained loyal to ICT had something not been agreed.

However, if players want to leave they want to leave, they have to think about providing for when they retire. A longer contract and healthier win bonuses may dictate that.

Sorry I must have missed something. Dargo wants to leave does he? Brewster wanted to leave but he wasn't allowed to until we were compensated properly and it won't be any different in the future.

And realistically I am not sure he would want to join a team that has continually under achieved since the inception of the SPL who average about an 9th place finish :001:

If he signed that contract it would have upped his value I think. He is reported to be on £500 a week with say 52 weeks to go on his contract.

I can assure you he is on more than £500 a week.. a good bit more.

Dargo is, as Caley100 says, on more than £500 a week. He is also on very generous bonus's. I would be very surprised if he went to DU. he has been allowed to play his own game since Brew left and is probably joint second best scorer in the league as a result.

Dar go at Caley Thistle is making a name for himself. At Dundee U. (e.g0 he would be under great pressure to achieve with a team of p[possibly new players alongside him. No=t a smart move at this time for C Dargo. Sorry Brew your appetite exceeds your capacity to pull them all away. :002:

United have finally made a move. Wonder what the fee wouold be? From the P & J;

United trail Proctor

11:14 - 12 May 2006

Dundee United have made an approach for Inverness Caledonian Thistle midfielder David Proctor.

The 22-year-old former Hibernian starlet has made 46 appearances, scoring three goals, but the club are willing to sell.

Inverness director of football Graeme Bennett said: "United have made an enquiry about David and as we have plenty of options in his position we're willing to consider it if the lad wants to move. But he has a year of his contract to go and the fee would need to be right."

I think this would be a good move for us. Anything around the £50k mark would be a welcome injection to either CC's transfer budget or Youth Development. Especially as he was considered mainly to be a squad player at ICT.

Plus, if Brewster spends some of his Eddie Thomson handout on Proctor, he will have less to spend on the rest of our players. We will also be less willing to listen to offers for our other players if they've already agreed a deal for one.

Guest calaiscasual

Not sure who they were but I have a cutting of the article somewhere. It was around this time last year that it came out actually.

As for Black I have recieved word that he will not be with us much longer - I hope this isn't the case. I will need to find a new idol to worship :cry:

[mod="Scotty"]Image removed - too big !![/mod]

Taken from BBC.co.uk

Inverness Caledonian Thistle are willing to consider an offer from Dundee United for David Proctor.

The 22-year-old midfielder, who signed from Hibernian in 2003, has made 46 appearances, and this season helped Caley Thistle finish above United.

Inverness director of football Graeme Bennett said: "As we have plenty of options in his position, we'll consider it if the lad wants to move.

"But he has a year of his contract to go and the fee would need to be right."

United have made a formal approach for Proctor, who missed the run-in to the season with the recurrence of a shoulder injury.

United player-manager Craig Brewster, who moved from Inverness in January, is looking to reshape his side after he failed to turn round the fortunes of his present squad.

Transfer-listed Derek McInnes, Grant Brebner and Jim McIntyre are all reportedly attracting interest, with United owner Eddie Thompson appearing willing to underwrite part of their wages to get them off the Tannadice books.

Veteran former Rangers and West Brom midfielder McInness is attracting interest from First Division St Johnstone.

Ex-Hibernian midfielder Brebner is wanted by Scottish Cup finalists Gretna.

And veteran striker McIntyre has been linked with Dunfermline Athletic in a swap deal involving Noel Hunt.

Hunt is also reportedly interesting Caley Thistle

Brebner is wanted by Gretna!! So he's good enough for Man Utd according to Mr Brewster, but apparantly not too good for Gretna. If Eddie Thompson is willing to underwrite part of their wages, do you think Brebner could fit into our wage structure?

If Black does move on, and Rankin stays or goes to another SPL club, it might be worth a punt. Brebner can surely see that Caley is a good club in which to turn your fortune around; something he's been unfortunate with over the last couple of seasons.

Guest Benchy

Word is he will sign for Gretna after the Cup Final. They can afford his wages so no pay off leaving cash for signing his replacement.

Not sure who they were but I have a cutting of the article somewhere. It was around this time last year that it came out actually.

As for Black I have recieved word that he will not be with us much longer - I hope this isn't the case. I will need to find a new idol to worship :cry:

My ex's parents saw it and gave me it! I was hardly going to say no!

Gibbage to you my son!