Graham Dorrans

RossP

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are Rory and Dorrans being compared anyway? They play in different positions.

I think McAllister would benefit staying on loan at Peterhead for the rest of the season. Some regular first team football is definitely what he needs and at best he'd be warming the bench back here

You know theres more full time clubs in the first division now than when we were last there, its a harder league than ever, just because you cant watch it over your coco pops on a Sunday morning doesnt necessarily mean its a poor standard Alex.  Dorrans is having a brilliant season for a creative player this year at that level, he will very likely be an SPL player should West Brom not take him after the trial, I would rather it be with us than Falkirk, Hibs, Aberdeen etc.

Though if this is to be a thread about MacAllister then we might as well get the inevitable out of the way.  He has had 2 years of chances, played in over 40 different games, he has performed well in ONE of those games, he has not performed well with Peterhead so far in the league below the full time setup Dorrans is starring in, but as Alex points out he has yet to 'gel' with his blue toon team mates.  It's also worth pointing out that although he is young, he is definitely not a kid and should apply himself in games like a full time professional should, 21 is not that young in football, not for a forward in Scotland, if he was ever going to make it then he wouldve by now.

Or maybe he just hasnt gelled with us yet?

Like giving Dorrans a chance?

How many chances can you give people? He needs to show promise otherwise he won't be worth retaining simply in the hope of him becoming good.

He's only on a months loan IIRC. Now that Paterson is away that might affect it getting extended (if it hasn't already?)

I find it humorous that a player who most ICT fans never even see is written off because he plays in SFL1 yet someone who has had many games in the SPL and has struggled badly and isn't doing great in SFL2 should be given a chance. Dorrans, currently, is just as likely if not more likely to succeed than Rory.

don't get me wrong I think Dorrans could be a very good signing if true different sort of player to Rory though

Rory may not have what it takes but I'd rather be optimistic.. he has only had 3 games hopefully he can get a few more goals in the next couple of games

Livingston unfortunately know exactly how much cash we've got after the much publicised Rankin transfer  :rolleyes02:

I wonder how high we are prepared to go for the player and that's assuming West Brom don't fancy him.

Hart could easily double his money moving to Yeovil and a fresh start is probably what he needs to kick start his career. No point in him languishing in the reserves here

Would imagine theyd be looking for 100k for Dorrans, I'm a big fan of the ald but anything more than that youd have to question ICT

?100K would be too much in my opinion when you take into account the figure we received for an established SPL player. ?75k maximum offer.

According to today's courier ICT are in line to receive a "six figure sum" due to a sell on clause we had in place when we sold Robson to Utd ... if this is the case then surely 100k for Dorrans would be easily achievable !!

Let's hope it is true and someone actually buys him!

From the P&J:

Caley Jags face competition from four other SPL clubs in their attempt to buy Graham Dorrans from Livingston.

The West Lothian club will only sell the 20-year-old forward if it receives a fee in excess of ?100,000.

Inverness have already bid ?60,000 for the Scotlandunder-19 player. The Highland club will have to put in a second increased offer to secure a deal for Dorrans, who still has 18 months of his contract to run at Almondvale.

The 10-goal forward, who can also play wide on either flank, is on a four-day trial at English Championship side West Brom but is thought to be keen to stay in Scotland.

West Brom manager Tony Mowbray has said he isunlikely to sign the player, leaving Caley Thistle as one of his most likely destinations.

Livingston chief executive Vivien Kyles said: "Inverness have put in a bid for Graham Dorrans and he is a player we would be willing to sell for the right fee. They have a fair chance of signing Graham - if they had no chance I would have told Graeme Bennett that. We have to take account of where Graham wants to go himself and he might prefer to stay in Scotland rather than go south. He is currently on trial at West Brom andhas attracted a lot of interest. Inverness are one of five SPL clubs who are chasing him,as well as West Brom and a couple of clubs from the First Division."

Brewster is keen to add the versatile youngster to his squad. He said: "I like Dorrans as a player. When you want someone the buying club offers as little as possible and the player's club wants the earth and you try and get somewhere in between."

Encouraging comments.  As much as I dont want us to pay over the odds, I also dont fancy our chances in a bidding war should Dundee United, Aberdeen or Hibs get involved, so I think we should pay the 100k and let it go from there.

Somebody WILL sign him for 100k (maybe more), be it now or the summer, I think he is a player we need and is worth the investment.  I'm also confident that if he signs a 3 year deal then we will go onto make a profit from him.  He would add pace to our midfield and offer us an option out wide that Markus isnt doing for us yet, I could see him linking well with Black and Cowie.  It's a shame Rankin didnt stay as Dorrans wouldve been completing an awesome looking 5 man midfield, he is a superb replacement however (should he sign that is).

I'm happy Brewsters on board with this one, he isnt the sort of lad I thought Brew would go for, which gives me confidence if we dont get him that he knows a real player when he sees one.  :clapping03:

Encouraging comments.  As much as I dont want us to pay over the odds, I also dont fancy our chances in a bidding war should Dundee United, Aberdeen or Hibs get involved, so I think we should pay the 100k and let it go from there.

Somebody WILL sign him for 100k (maybe more), be it now or the summer, I think he is a player we need and is worth the investment.  I'm also confident that if he signs a 3 year deal then we will go onto make a profit from him.  He would add pace to our midfield and offer us an option out wide that Markus isnt doing for us yet, I could see him linking well with Black and Cowie.  It's a shame Rankin didnt stay as Dorrans wouldve been completing an awesome looking 5 man midfield, he is a superb replacement however (should he sign that is).

I'm happy Brewsters on board with this one, he isnt the sort of lad I thought Brew would go for, which gives me confidence if we dont get him that he knows a real player when he sees one.  :clapping03:

Despite his injury problems, that lad Conway he signed from Ayr (whilst at Dundee United) was a real find. Quality winger  :clapping03:

Take this with a pince of salt, but I noticed this on the Livi Lions forum

dorrans to ICT(dunno fee)

Wilson back to livi(either on loan or as player/coach)

according to relation of wilson

you heard it here first

Barry obviously wants to play football, but I think he'll stick it out here at least until the end of the season.  A loan deal wouldn't affect his testimonial season, but a move might make it a bit difficult.  Don't think he'll go on loan though, although I could be wrong.

Take this with a pince of salt, but I noticed this on the Livi Lions forum

dorrans to ICT(dunno fee)

Wilson back to livi(either on loan or as player/coach)

according to relation of wilson

you heard it here first

correct me if i'm wrong but i seem to remember a transfer embargo being placed on Livi pending the result of legal procedings with Dorado over unpaid wages?