ICT -V- Rangers : matchday thread

Scotty

[li]Discuss the game in this very thread right here  :004:[/li]

[li]Get to the chatroom HERE[/li]

[li]See the subs / bookings / report - after the game starts - HERE[/li]

[li]See the stats etc after the game has ended by choosing today's game from HERE[/li] 

[li]At the game ? - Dont forget to vote in the POLL after the game has ended. HERE
    [/li]

[li]At the game ? SUBMIT A MATCH REPORT [/li]

LINEUPS

ICT

[attach=1]

RANGERS

[attach=2]

post-2-1200836481.gif

post-4-1200836481.gif

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

see what you mean TheresNoEsInBlack - the link takes you back to sportsound page where there is no link to audio ...... you could try the email link to Sportsound at the bottom and ask them where the actual link is !!!

Nice to see CC in the Setanta Box. The game kicked off to the strains of No Surrender and The Sash.  :020: We are playing a 4-2-2-1-1 - Black and Duncan sat in behind the defence - Patti wide left - Roy wide RIGHT  :029: - Cowie (in a Rankin type role) almost in the hole behind Niculae. Thankfully the Huns are also playing a 4-5-1 system which is right up our street. The main danger is Burke who is obviously been tasked to test Rosscoe - and he is having some success. Hastings appears to have a grip on Naismith and with Granty man to man marking Cousin - Proctor is able to cover Rosscoe.

Both teams are playing on the counter attack and both are playing a high line and an offside trap. - to a neutral this half must have been so feckin boring. Rangers are sluggish but we are tactically outmanouveering them - so far.  :clapping03: :clapping03:

Patti (24) and Cowie (26) got in behind but McGregor got there first on both occasions. The first shot/header on target was Cousin on 27 but Fraser saved well. McBain showed his skill  :crazy07:when he tried to chip McGregor on 38 and Duncan smashed the ball well over in the 42nd just after Fraser had saved well from Whittaker.

At the moment we look surprisingly comfortable but I can see Walter hooking Naismith and putting Darcheville on fer a 4-4-2. Brew must be happy as Walter tactically is playing into our hands - so far. To be fair nobody has really looked like scoring and the final balls from both teams have been simply awful.

Tokely is toiling - McBain is "invisible" - Patti has not been seen as an attacking force - Dunacn and Black are running the midfield - Cowie is working his socks off and Niculae is benefitting from that but we are not playing it to him - we are going wide all the time.

So it is so far so good - but tactics will tell in the next 45 - I would be looking at taking Bazza on fer Royster on the hour. Niculae is doing OK at the moment but the longer this stays at 0-0 the better it is fer us - Cowie is not being picked up and I cant see that continuing either.

The BBC web site is over stuffed with too many topics  & several links to other web pages which you have to explore thoroughly to find out what on earth they are offering.

And their overall presentation is no longer professional--the text is not edited very well or  at all--spelling errors, convoluted grammar such that you can't really understand it unless you read it  twice and so on.

There are so many side links that it  makes it very difficult to find anything. I have said this before and written to the BBC about it. Most of the time they don't answer. The normal Saturday links showing what matches are being broadcast sometimes state that this match and that match is blocked to overseas listeners whereas others have no mention at all as to whether they will be broadcast or not.

So you get up at 6 in the morning to find that in fact it is blocked which really disappoints and maddens me. I pointed that out to the BBC also a couple of weeks back--their response was on the next Friday to show all the matches  being broadcast but none had the  "not available to overseas listeners" disclaimer--it was as if they don't listen to any reasonable suggestion and ceratinly don't give a **** about overseas listeners . What is the matter with them? Maybe I remember the good old days too well when the BBC were synonomous with excellence on every level. Now they are just sloppy inconsistent Joes.

Don't hold your breath about getting a reply. :020:

Nobody in the chat room so I am hoping that info will continue to be posted on here.

In the few moments that I saw on the White Rat TV broadcast at the beginning of the match the pace seemed pedestrian and so passionless...the players seemed relaxed  though, which was a bit surprising in view of the fact that this was a very important match for both teams.

Is this the average standard of urgency for  SPL games? Rangers with all their money and supposed talent did not seem to be a top class team. :rolleyes02:

Much better second half fer the neutrals and to be honest - we blew it and the Huns just about deserved it.  :019:

Feck me - was Walter logged in and followed ma advice  :023: Burke went left which ultimately won the match - Adam went to the old outside left position - we never got to grips with that but thankfully he didnt play well.

Cousin outmuscled Proc early doors which was a taste of things to come. Proc needs to beef up to be a SPL central defender. Munro showed him how it should be done a minute later when he outmuscled Darcheville. Walter was evidently going fer the direct route football - we should really have taken advantage of that as Ferguson and Hedmani were nullified becos of it.

Black and Niculae should both have done better with poor shots on target but never threatening McGregor. I thought the first goal was going to come after a ridiculous referee decision to give Darchville a free kick against Proctor. Setanta showed it was the other way but yet another example of Proctor being outmuscled.

Adam had a great chance in the 62 nd when he smashed it way over after a defensive lapse by Proctor. Niculae "disappeared" in the second half but produced a sweet left foot strike in the 68th but it didnt really trouble McGregor.

Wilson came on fer Patti - he was clearly struggling fitness wise. I dont really understand why it wasnt a straight swop and allow Bazza to play wide left but Brew swopped Bazza and McBain.  :024:

Cousin, very fortunately "scored" and Setanta clearly showed that it should have stood. Duncan was playing him on and he knew it - judging by the expression on his face.  :004:

I cant understand why we didnt take Bayne on fer Niculae as he was also clearly flagging - as was Hastings who was having a good match but Burke skinned him on several occasions in the last 15 minutes. And then Adam hit the bar in the 83rd.

I cannot believe that Rosscoe got the Sponsors MOM - he was struggling against Burke in the first 45 and looked good in the second cos he had nobody playing against him and was given loads of time and space. He got in the way of a Niculae header in the 86th and he went fer goal in injury time when Niculae had cleverly tailed off to the back post and a pass would have meant a clear goal.

Proctor was to blame fer the winner and I hope Brew bollicks him. He played like a feckin full back sticking his hand up in despeartion fer offside instead of goin fer the ball or the man. Darchville even mishit the bugger.

A record crowd of 7,753 saw the Huns pinch it and the cretins sang in unison fer the first time. Congrats to the North Stand as fer the first time I recall, you could hear constant singing on the box. It was one of those days that you can endure as we really desreved a point but i have no quarrels that the Huns shade it at the end.

What a giant anti-climax this game was....

Don't know whether the occasion got to too many of our players today - but this wasn't one of their better performances...

I'm a big fan of Russeldino but this was the worst I've ever seen him play. 3 times he the chance to deliver a cross into the box from free kicks, and 3 times he completely sclaffed the ball... I thought Marcus was improving and gaining in confidence as the game went on - couldn't believe Brew took him off for Bazza - Bazza did ok but Duncan was the one who should have gone...

I agree with IHE that Bayne should have come on for Niculae, who did work his socks off, but only managed one shot at goal - he was knackered near the end...

Really strange low key start to the game - hard to believe this was a record attendance, but yet hardly any sound from the crowd, other than muffled versions of the sash, etc... Did the TV people attempt to mute the crowd noise..?

It will be interesting to hear the comments from those who were there....

Just back.

I suspect I might be in the minority here, but I thought we were really great today.  A lot of people will moan about our poor use of the ball in the final third, and perhaps a lack of adventure on our parts, but that Rangers defence is as good as any we'll play this year. So often we had the ball in midfield with Black, and he had no options because the marking was tighter than pair of Paris Hilton hotpants.  Our defence, until the last twenty minutes, was excellent as well - Proctor was my MOTM and Munro had his best performance of the season.  As said above, Rangers maybe just shaded it, but we would have been good value for a point.

I felt we were unlucky not to get a point. We were comfortable in the first half, but the introduction of Darchville certainly gave them more urgency in the second half. Even so, we still looked like we could nick something.

Not sure about Proctor in the middle. He certainly struggled against Darchville a bit (but then, so do most SPL defenders). Tokely got a hard time off Burke in the first half as well, as did Hastings in the second.

Midfield was a bit baffling to be honest. Roy on the right?? :017: As for Markus.....sorry, I don't get why everyone rates him so much? He was mince today, get Barry, or Hart on from the start next week. Cowie was excellent in the middle, and really hassled them from start to finish. Blackie was excellent again, and then there's Russel!!! There is no excuse for players of this standard CONSTANTLY giving the ball away due to their inability to pass. He does it week after week. A few dead ball situations that he took charge of today were woeful. Get it fecking sorted Russel :008:

Niculae was very good again, and had one superb shot, which made McGregor produce a fine save. If Tokely hadn't completely fecked up our best chance right at the death, then Marius could well have got our 1000th goal.

With McGuire out again next week maybe we need to look at our options in defence?

And a midfield of Wilson, Cowie, Black, Duncan, Hart please!

Proctor MOM  :029: - watch the TV highlights !! Our deliveries from dead ball situations were absolutely dire. Fraid Niculae is a 60 minute man BUT he still showed class with his movement to the back post in injury time - I have to admit that he was miles in front of his team mates from that perspective and as davieB, albeit in hysterical devotion, states Marius deserved the 1000th fer a moment of class.  :011:.

By the way I said that Darhville miss hit the shot not  mis **** - get a feckin grip of yon asteriskes mun.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: