BBC Coverage

HawkeyeTheGnu

Noticed on the matchday thread that some people couldn't get online coverage of today's game.

Lucky them!

Why do we have to put up with Scott Davie and Brian Irvine? The most repulsive double act since Hitler & Mussolini.

It's so obvious that they would far rather be at Pittodrie - so BBC, can we have someone a bit more objective covering our games?

Just a touch hyperbolic in your comparison but I feel your pain.

Pre-match there was a bit of chat about merger ?refuseniks? (won?t go to the dump)

Statler ventured that it was having a big effect on our gates.

Startled was I when I heard the figure of 2000 being trotted out!

Divide by 100 and one would be nearer the mark.

Did I catch Waldorf making some mention of the Sabbath and abuse towards the BBC?

Well he brings it upon himself!

If I hear him using the word ?lumbering? to describe a thrilling run by our ball playing right back I?ll turn into a Munch painting.

Just a touch hyperbolic in your comparison but I feel your pain.

Pre-match there was a bit of chat about merger ?refuseniks? (won?t go to the dump)

Statler ventured that it was having a big effect on our gates.

Startled was I when I heard the figure of 2000 being trotted out!

Divide by 100 and one would be nearer the mark.

Did I catch Waldorf making some mention of the Sabbath and abuse towards the BBC?

Well he brings it upon himself!

If I hear him using the word ?lumbering? to describe a thrilling run by our ball playing right back I?ll turn into a Munch painting.

:crazy05:

Brian Irvine has the articulacy and insight of a young seagull chick forraging for titbits on the Council tip, adjacent to our illustrious stadium.

He will, off course, rot and burn in ****, taunted by his own highly-skilled and professionally-resourced team of demons for all eternity.

Sooner he gets back into management again, the better.

Irvine's just useless. They ask him a question and he turns it into a 10 minute waffle (I've just realised that's probably something you can buy in T*sc*).

That bit yesterday about ICT and County was just cringeworthy.

We were lucky enough to have Bill Leckie the other week, what a difference having a commentator who actually knows the players names!!!!! Irvine's rotten but at least he's not Jim Spence! :001:

Don't see why Caley D should take it so personally, its not like I'm not paying his wages!  :001: Anyway, when he was scrounging freebie tickets for all those season, did I ever tell him he wasn't a real fan for not paying anyone's wages?  :rotflmao:

What did they say about ICT/County Mantis?

Ach, just filling airtime before the game, so they asked him about the ICT/County rivalry and were ICT now too far ahead of them, feeder club etc etc.

Big Brian starts off by saying he doesn't want to offend everybody in Dingwall so proceeds to bore the erse off everybody else  :015: :015: :015:

He also said the derbies were very close for years, with both clubs winning their share. I think he must have been concussed when he played  :015:

My reply would have been fairly brief: County knew early on ICT could get ahead in the league system, so they threw money at the problem for about 5 years in a vain attempt to be established as the leading club. Now they've had to face reality. Div 1/2 yo-yo club.

We were lucky enough to have Bill Leckie the other week, what a difference having a commentator who actually knows the players names!!!!! Irvine's rotten but at least he's not Jim Spence! :001:

Spencey's ok - just wish he would finish his pies before the second half starts .... he's always chomping through the first 10 minutes of the second half.

Get Charles Bannerman and Bobby Wilson doing it as a double act instead  :004:

There was one commentator not sure which one... but he was awful at player's names. He used to cover us all the time in our first SPL season.

Instead of Juanjo (wan-jo) and keogh (kee-o)

We had Kwon-jo and kee-ock

It really was funny listening to this guy. Not sure his name though.

Got some sort of point to make Big Man?

:016:

Now if I had written that ...

It's ok, I luv her really.

Don't see why Caley D should take it so personally, its not like I'm not paying his wages!  :001: Anyway, when he was scrounging freebie tickets for all those season, did I ever tell him he wasn't a real fan for not paying anyone's wages?  :rotflmao:

On the first part your not paying my "wages"...unless your losing heavily at poker just now and I'm picking up some of that.  :015:

And I never said you weren't a real fan.....am not so brave  :029:

And don't tell anyone, but I still "scrounge" freebie tickets.  :004:

You always know when fans are complacent when they whine about miniscule trivial events.

In Canada we don't even get a game commentary let alone a voice coming out of your earphones ..  :angry08: Even Herve Villachase would be better than that... :bighug:

And Mee --well she is just a  :angel13: 

And Sophia sometimes hides her talent under an explosive exterior. :burning:

Here on the west coast of the US, I don't get game commentary either. (Especially when I am working, it's dodgy internet video) I really wish the Beeb didn't have the "UK only radio broadcast." I never get to see Super Caley unless it's against the OF and it's on Setanta (which I duly record and viddie later). I would pay most right, at the very least, to hear the match than follow my side by ESPNSoccerNet via text with spotty/dodgy video.  :020:

I watched the Gers goal with no update to the ESPN text until many, many minutes later as a final. This is crap. :crazy07: