Brew makes his 34768th move [renamed]

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today's installment in the P & J says that Grassa and Brew discussed it over a game of golf on Saturday.

Not a million miles away from agreeing a fee for Proctor - who you can understand wants some first team football.

But as far as Black goes they are still quite a bit apart in agreeing what he is worth. Brewster still wants him though, so we will see if they up the stakes.

The article will be online later I'm sure. The P & J staff don't seem to get up very early in the morning. :014:

Dundee Uniteds offer for both players wasn't even equivalent to the price tag we have on Black alone, so they will have to seriously up any offer if we are to let Black go. We apparently started at a figure of around £60k for Proctor, which I think is a fair reflection of what he may be worth.

I also understand that we would not entertain ANY offers for Dods who is as keen to stay at ICT as we are to keep him, despite him being a good mate of Brewsters.

Dundee Evenng Telegraph

Craig also confirmed a verbal offer for Inverness Caley Thistle pair Ian Black and David Proctor has been rejected by the Highland club’s director of football Graeme Bennett, though it still has to be considered by their directors. Even if they rubber stamp his decision, negotiations will continue, with United believing they can still get their men — and others.

Aye, GTF Brew!

Guest Benchy

Terms are agreed, houses are bought! Your man Bennett just doesnt want to admit defeat, I think you will find that when the deals are concluded it will be a fee that wont be disclosed so you lot dont go tits.

As for Dargo and Brown, look after them! :004:

Can confirm that Dargo's transfer request will be made public in a few days, reliable source.

Hmmm 16th May and we're still waiting...... :011:

Black and Proctor are more or less offski now after the CB/CC talks. We have got a good deal but Blackie's is money on appearances,caps and onward transfer linked. CB has allowed us free rein on Hunt in exchange and we will up our bid fer Rankin.

Makes feckin sense to me.

Take it we didn't want the *unt from Dunfermline then!!

Look--Brewster simply has not got a substantial budget allocated to him to get all four players. I doubt if he can summon up enough cash to get two. The Grocer is definitely not opening his purse strings this season as I see it and I am afraid that Craig Brewster is going to have a hard time getting out of the doldrums this coming season. Benchy, stop speculating --are you bored?--you will have to face the above facts sooner rather than later ;Brew's allocation is sparse , even niggling even niggardly Ha ! :003:

Brew has problems and to solve them he is in a Greek hideaway negotiating a bolt hole when the roof falls in at Tannadice.

The Club have 5 top earners who were to to get out of town. 'We don't want you.' Put bluntly 'a brilliant bit of psychology for the opposition'.

Until all those 'rotten apples' are sold from the barrel the shop will be a haven for discontent. New players will be on lower money and look enviously at the big money guys. The big money guys just sit back, keep themselves fit for the move out, and their agents milk the grocer for termination payments. If they don't come they stay and that does not make Brew's job any easier. If United start badly, the Greek trajedy unfolds. Unless of course you like Greece and Brew told us he wanted to Manage there sometime in his career.

• 2 weeks later...

The buzz was that Proctor could go if the offer was upped a little but that the offer for Black would need to be increased substantially.

"The Machine" would do well to remember just how his career was going before he came to ICT - whilst he might be a success now, many players (and managers !!) have found that the success they had at ICT has not followed them to a new club. I want him to stay and hope that he does, but we have proved time and again that no individual player is bigger than the team as a whole - Did anyone seriously think (at the time) that Dods was the man to replace "The Mann" ? Yet Darren has exceeded all fans expectations and made most people forget about the job Big Bobby could have done for us in the SPL if he stayed. Hopefully the comment at the start of this thread is just part of the bargaining process as he seeks to make sure he gets what could be the last decent contract of his career ....

I think we should do what we can to keep him and our other stars but I also think Grassa and Charlie are getting it right when it comes to recent statements about wages etc. We are not world beaters, we are a hard-working small-ish team with limited resources and we have to realise that.

A lot of our good results come from sheer hard work done on the park by our players and the fact that their is a great team spirit. A huge part of that team spirit is the lack of jealousy that exists because we dont have a huge wage range with some players on a pittance and others on several thousand per week.

Grassa and Charlie have expressed a desire to increase basic wages across the whole squad and I think that is the correct approach with everyone being rewarded for the club's success. If you add the acknowledged 'generous' performance bonuses on offer to our players for higher league placings then our smaller wage structure begins to look good if we are actually winning games which may be yet another reason why we are doing better than many expect. Presumably bonuses are paid on a per game basis so someone like Dods will get more of them than the likes of Tom Parratt who hasnt really featured ...... and thats a fair way to do it .......