caley ultra group??

caley89

myself and afew of the boys up at the back of section G quite fancie starting an Ultra group.

i'm hoping you all know about how the old firm and aberdeen all have successful ultra groups and in recent months livingston, motherwell and even st mirren have started their own wee groups. so why can't we?? the whole point of having ultras is that they bring more colour and atmosphere to home games and support their team vocally throughout the whole 90 minutes. we're obviously not going to be huge but if some of the older fans would be willing to join in with the fun then i really think we could encourage some of the other "quiter fans" to join in, over time ofcourse.

at the moment we have a canada flag for **** hastings and a holland flag with Loyal Army on it. we're hopefully going to have some other flags and banners by the end of the season. also i've got a big TIFO flag bein organised to be made the now too.

i was also wondering if the moderators would be willing to open an ultra page so we have a place to discuss about "match displays" and making new flags/banners etc.

what does everyone else think??

If its for the good of the club/fans then we dont have a problem creating a separate forum or sub-forum. Let myself and CaleyD know what you are looking for and how you would like it to work and we can sort something out.

The word "ultra" can have sinister connotations but in reality - as I have seen with 'u-sector' and Toronto FC ultras - for most clubs its really just another way of saying 'loyal and noisy' fans and we are all for that. :clapping03:

yee in eastern europe ultras are known as being quite violent, like casuals in a way. however the real definition for ultra i believe is like you say Scotty "noisy supporters" and thats what we want to set out to do!!

thanks for that Scotty, i'll be in touch later tonight as i'm kinda busy th noo. cheers  :003:

I think I've a good name for your group.  As it is in Section G what about the "G Spot"?

That was the name of my local pub in my first year living in Aberdeen (2000 I think?).

It was surprisingly easy to find  :rolleyes02:

Oh dear me!   :crazy07: Caley4life.... a red white and blue Holland flag with the words "Loyal Army"... just stop and think about what that implies three times over for goodness sake! (If you want a hint.... it's quite the wrong team!!!)

In any case, blue, white and red are not Caley Thistle's colours... there's black in there too!!

Good luck! Anything that livens up our stadium, either through colour or noise, can only be a positive thing. You could always contact the Red Ultras through their site for advice. They'll be happy to help. They've assisted Accrington Stanley, Dundee and St Mirren among others with good suggestions and contacts.  :021:

why would you have a holland flag with loyal army on it :rolleyes02:?

I'm with Joe on this one. Oh dear me!   :crazy07: Caley4life.... a red white and blue Holland flag with the words "Loyal Army"... just stop and think about what that implies three times over for goodness sake! (If you want a hint.... it's quite the wrong team!!!)

In any case, blue, white and red are not Caley Thistle's colours... there's black in there too!!

there's always one pessimist :016:

yee but i've put loyal army in black  :004:

and ok i see what u mean by loyal(ist), holland(king william of orange) but fact is we shouldnt let a bunch o smelly rotten weedgie scum deter us from waving a flag that has th same colours as our club. if we do that we'll get nowhere, does that mean we can't wave a saltire cause theres no red and black in it?? ofcourse not

What you really want is a Sampdoria flag. Can anyone upload one?

600px-Flag_of_Sampdoria.svg.png

if we loose the england shield that would be the total titties  :021: :021: :021:

and that ultrastifo site is where i got th idea from  :004: take a look it's really really good!!!