Duncan

Harry Chibber

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubt many SPL clubs will be beating down the door to sign him. Im sure the club realise that too in offering him what they have. Players like Duncan are ten a penny these days. When I say Players like Duncan, I mean ones that pass to the opposition approx 50% of the time.

So.......passing isnt the strongest part of his game. His game is based on breaking up play....which he is very good at. Its not a position that will get you noticed so he often gets overlooked

Clickage

Most of the article is about our bid for Graham Dorrans but around the middle of the article it suggests that Tokely and Duncan are "unlikely to commit to the deals they have been offered."

:024:

Is this our boards tactics these days, opening offer is rediculously low then up it a wee bit more?  Seems like the same kind of offer McGuire was originally given at the beginning of the transfer window.

To be honest i'm not bothered if Duncan and Tokely go. Both have been excellent servants for the club and at times produced match winning performances.

But they are really not worth paying over the odds for, especially when we have the likes of Dale Gillespie and Ian Vigurs coming through looking for a first team place.

I actually think that young defender we have, Kerr (can't remember his first name) would make an excellent defensive midfielder. Good in the tackle and in the air and every game i've seen him in, he has shown excellent distribution. Something definitely lacking in Russel's locker.

It's all very well and good breaking up play... but when you give the ball back to the opposition 5 secs later  :024:

Agree RossP.

It's all well and good 'breaking up play' and 'doing all the unnoticed graft', but when half of that is caused by your own inability to pass a simple ball, then it gets a bit laughable after a while.

He is a decent player yes, but his lack of basic skills lets him down all the time.

Cant see any 'bigger' teams coming looking for him, could be the Marius effect kicking in.

Interesting to note that, according to the Courier, Duncan has "turned down the club's initial offer because it does not meet his expectations, and believes that any new deal should reflect a wage similar to what the top players, such as Marius Niculae receive"

Cheers for that.

As far as I can work out we only have 11 players signed up for next season which is a bit frightening  :010:

Fraser

Munro

McGuire

Hastings

Proctor

Black

Cowie

McBain

Niculae

Bayne

Dean MacDonald

I don't know what the club are playing at! What are they doing? are they saving money by leaving it this long or trying to keep the players on their toes? Whatever it is, it is unsettling the players and if i was them i would be looking at jobs elsewhere too, no one can blame them.  Fair play to Duncan, he is just trying to get what he can to support him and his family.  Anybody would do the same.  And as for Tokely he hasn't had any offers yet, let alone knock any back!

Cant see any 'bigger' teams coming looking for him, could be the Marius effect kicking in.

Interesting to note that, according to the Courier, Duncan has "turned down the club's initial offer because it does not meet his expectations, and believes that any new deal should reflect a wage similar to what the top players, such as Marius Niculae receive"

Typical Courier spin, that just stirs the *****.

I hope

Those players know what others at the club are earning. They also know what other clubs pay. It may not, altogether, be just about basic wage. I'm sure bonuses, length of contract etc all come into what is or isnt a good offer and that those players, at the age they are at, need to make hard and fast plans for their futures. As Russel say's in his interview, had the club started negotiations some time ago he, and the others, wouldn't be at a position of uncertainty now. I think what they are saying to the club is:- get your act together very quick or we're looking elsewhere to guarantee our futures.

What I would say to Graham Bennett is 'treat the players with the same respect and loyalty as you expect them to show this club'. If you dont then you'll struggle to get players and the big dream will be dead.

Duncan, like any other professional footballer, has a relatively short career.

Since he's been at ICT his salary will have been quite modest by SPL standards and it's only to be expected that he's looking for some reasonable increase now as he's about to enter the stage of his career where his earning potential will be at it's height.

I doubt if he will be asking the earth and I suspect that a compromise can be reached given a bit of give and take on both sides. The good news is that it appears that money is the only issue and that he's not otherwise unsettled at the club.

Duncan, like any other professional footballer, has a relatively short career.

Since he's been at ICT his salary will have been quite modest by SPL standards and it's only to be expected that he's looking for some reasonable increase now as he's about to enter the stage of his career where his earning potential will be at it's height.

I doubt if he will be asking the earth and I suspect that a compromise can be reached given a bit of give and take on both sides. The good news is that it appears that money is the only issue and that he's not otherwise unsettled at the club.

:clapping03: :clapping03:

The good news is that it appears that money is the only issue and that he's not otherwise unsettled at the club.

Money has become an issue - mainly because one member of the squad is earning far more than anyone else.....

I wouldn't describe that as "good news" - More like a matter of some concern....

He did say that there WAS more than money to take into account. He sed there is little point moving unless to take a step up. He said he could move club and find himself battling relegation, and he doesnt fancy that.

I think he will stay