Rockness 2008

918loyal

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why thank you Dmacca - maybe there should be an 'alternative' Rockness (which should really be called Raveness by all accounts) called Popness where good, real bands come and play...show all these young ravers how to enjoy themselves!

Only sorry I missed The Stranglers when they played Oban (or thereabouts) last year, really shoulda made the effort to get to that but didn't.    :009:

Nairn Jazz festival, Edinburgh Blues and Jazz festival, Belladrum and maybe Glasto for me this year. Shame Rockness couldn't attract Prodigy - then i might be tempted to go. I've got to say - you cannot accuse some of the acts of not being real musicians because they are playing records at their set. The fact many of the electronic acts write all the parts - from drums to synths, pads and bass, then re-write the songs for a live performance AND collaborate to make the gig well linked up with jaw dropping audio-visuals you often see at these gigs. Now i'm not saying there's not a lot of sh*t been announced but if you want to talk about pish musicians forget the likes of Fatboy slim (who isn't to my taste at all but undoubtedly has some skills) and start talking about middle of the road; post-libertines; sub-pop dross such as the view who are about as original as those scratch cards you get free in magazines telling you you've won a 100,000 car.

Why thank you Dmacca - maybe there should be an 'alternative' Rockness (which should really be called Raveness by all accounts) called Popness where good, real bands come and play...show all these young ravers how to enjoy themselves!

I'm quite capable of enjoying myself far more than you could ever imagine.......  :001:

No sure JB, what were your symptoms?

Symptoms vary wildly from person to person, H/Dee - For me it meant a major slowdown in the whole ageing process, coupled with greatly increased libido, and weird desires to have sex in the unlikeliest of places....

For god's sake Liz, can't you see I'm typing just now   :rolleyes02:

Other added benefits have included greatly improved speed with my golf swing which gives me an extra 30 yds off the tee...

Better eye to ball co-ordination has added a lot to my chipping and putting and short game in general.

You may have noticed some of these effects during our last golf outing....  :017:

Don't worry - your turn will come pretty soon....  :004:

Ps... Ask your doctor about hormone replacement therapy (HRT).  That might help you too.....  :022:

I'm sure you're more than capable, Mee - I just kinda fancy a festival to suit MY own musical tastes, that;s all!  :001:

I'm sure they exist Connie, you might just have to go further afield for them. I would like Justin Timberlake to come and play in my livingroom (actually, I can think of a better room for him to play in :001:) but I'm quite happy to trek to Glasgow to see him  :003: :003: :003:

Ps... Ask your doctor about hormone replacement therapy (HRT).  That might help you too.....  :022:

Ya want to go easy on that HRT malarky JB,seen this report into a possible side efect which may explain yer other syptoms eh?

psychosis in the elderly include having typically complex, bizarre delusions and auditory hallucinations

IHE may be able to advise further

Connie id settle for Mike Peters and the alarm, Big Country with SA, i did hear a rumour last year that Mike Peters was going to guest sing with the remaining members of BC, cant think of anyone better for the job.