Car Park again!

Aim High

Come on ICT - 3 months for someone to sort out the car park chaos! Traffic jam at the exit as soon as the final whistle goes, no order or system about which line gets to exit first, security acting clueless - (and they get paid for this ?!) queue jumping by reversing out of your line ( if you have space) Its a free for all and I pay for this. And whats with the empty cars - where are their owners? Pity help you if you get stuck behind an empty one.

Surely the club can do better than this.

I stopped using the car park ages ago, but as I was early tonight and didn't expect a big crowd, I thought I'd chance it. Usual cars peeling off the back of the lines and being allowed to go round the back or join another moving queue. If everybody just waited their turn.

The big problem tonight was that the players had all been allowed to park at the front of the lines!! So no line could move. On this occasion you had to come out of your line to get out and it was an even bigger shambles. It has always been bad, but where I was parked tonight I would usually have got out quite quickly, but it took ages. I was the 3rd car in the line, the two in front of me were unoccupied (one at least was a players car) and when I looked in my mirror there were no cars behind me.

This isn't rocket science. If the cars were parked in the order they arrived and let out in the same order it would work as long as they stopped the cheating.

RANT OVER

Guest kingkojak

for fecks sake - part of the romace of footy games is the buzz of the walk to the match - driving ruins that. if the whingers on here walked or at the very least parked in the longman you wouldhave less to moan about and you may even enjoy the event more!

Guest Sam

The problem is not the car park, but the attitude of those that use it and seem to think that they have a divine right not to have to queue patiently. If you tried to empty the Eastgate car park in one go, you would struggle.

There will always be a queue to exit the car park above a certain volume of cars because the road can only take so many cars. If you tried to empty the Eastgate car park in one go, you would struggle.

To use the ICT car park, you have to be prepared to queue and be prepared to put up with impatient idiots.

Guest Sam

On the topic of the players parking at the front of the carpark, they really should have their own area for parking, away from the home carpark to stop this problem happening again. I thought that was the purpose of the car park at the front/back of the Main Stand (whichever side people don't call the pitch!). If there is not enough space, then surely an area can be segregated away from fans to stop it happening again?

They do have an area allocated for parking, but not in front of the stadium as that is reserved for hospitality guests. They do park in the home car park (behind the north stand) but for some reason they were parked differently. A steward told me that the players sneaked in when they weren't looking, but you are talking about 7 or 8 cars. They were parked side by side so they were the first car in every line.

I don't mind the queues as long as they are well managed and the cheats stopped in their tracks. They only continue to cheat as they get off with it every time. We must have a system and Stewards who know what they are doing. They were standing discussing what to do next. Mmm what about this line? maybe we should give them a turn - no I think they should be next. Like a comedy sketch.

If so many players cars got in without them noticing that's a worry. I can't see why the players would sneak in and park in a different place from normal, I suspect they must have been parked by stewards who didn't realise who they were. :?

Yes buses are an option, so is walking, but some of us are coming from further away than the City of Inverness and that's not the best option for us. And the fact that so many folk WON'T use the car park surely proves my point!

Walking round from the roundabout on Wed night I noticed they had a warden stopping parkers at the entrance to the salt yard. Normally there are a pile of cars in there getting free parking close to the ground.

That is a huge part of the problem Kingsmills, but efficient stewarding would control that. If they realised there were no shortcuts, they would then wait their turn. As I said I was 3rd car in a line and when I looked in my rear view mirror there were no cars behind me as they had all been allowed to peel off into a line which was moving and therefore holding back the patient people even longer. The stewards need to have a system to deal with this. Simple cones and tape would help. Also if the ones who tried to take the shortcuts were held back, they would wait their turn next time.

I can see a career change on the horizon. :015:

Totally agree with what you are saying L_G. I don't object to queueing if it is a fair system. But being stuck 2nd or 3rd car from the front of a line and not moving for half an hour is no joke.It does seem that the row nearest Stadium Road is constantly moving because drivers reverse out of their lines and keep joining it. Good idea if the area was coned or taped off at the rear of the car park once all the cars were in, and everyone had to drive FORWARD. OK it might still take time to exit but it would be more orderly.I do appreciate that when we get a full house and the car park is very busy it does take time to get out. But it does annoy me when the stewards don't have a proper idea and it really is a case of accelerate and hope for the best.