We Need A New Manager For Next Season

Kingsmills

Should Craig Brewster Be Repaced As Manager ?  

692 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Delay Decision Until The End Of The Season

I have never before called for manager to be replaced and wasn't at today's match so can't comment specifically on it. However, in my opinion results and performances in ther past couple of months have led me to the view that we need a new manager for next season otherwise our place in the top league could well be in peril.

Like most others, I was prepared to give Brewster the benifit of the doubt when he returned despite his abysmal record in trying to manage a Dundee United team much better resoursed than ICT could ever hope to be. However apart from the run of victories which handed him the "curse" of manager of the month for December, results and performances have ben amongst the worst they've been since we joined the SPL.

He doesn't just make mistakes but repeats the same mistakes time and time again and appears to have no concept of well timed tactical substitutions or any other means of turning games round from losing positions. His man management skills also seem to be a problem which appear to have resulted in John Rankin, who otherwise appeared to be settled at the club to become unsettled due to ill judged and premature remarks made in public by Brewster long before he had had a proper opportunity to assess his squad.

I know that the manager is not soley responsible for the team's current ills but frankly I have seen nothing to indicate that Brewster either possesses or is capable of learning the skills either as a tactitian or a motivator which this club needs even to sustain it's current position far less to make any progress into the top six of the league.

Brewster acted very honourably when Dundee United first approached ICT for his services and his conduct then clearly endeared him to the board. He was rewarded for that honourable conduct by being given a second chance at ICT but has not done anything, in my opinion, to demonstate that he is a competent, far less a good, manager nor that he's likely to become one.

There's no panic this season because of the Gretna situation but whe relegation issue next season is likely to be much more competitive with Hamilton, Dundee or St Johnstone all capable of holding their own.

In the past I've been of the view that Brewster should be given until the end of the season to prove himself or otherwise. Franky, however, I can't see any signs of progress oir potential progress and reluctantly now believe that we would be better getting a new manager in before the end of the season so that he can assess the squad and make decisions ahead of next season.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TinCanFan

You're lucky you weren't there today, it was awful.  And I believe that employing Brewster is the worst decision the board ever made and instead of getting a new manager next season, I want one now.

I don't think replacing Brew now will do anything for the team, but he should be replaced at the end of the season.

On the other hand, a new, quality appointment could convince Russell and Dennis to pen new contracts.

In short, yes, but at the end of the season.

And please, please, have Barry Wilson as part of next season's coaching team.

Guest TinCanFan

Another thing I worry about is that if ICT want to replace Brewster (which they probably won't anyway) it may be too late.

You lot have lost the plot, GET A REALITY CHECK :symbol_exclaim01:

No, Brew has lost the plot.  He's a terrible manager and we're absolutely right to want him out.

Maybe we should be blaming the players, most of whom look like they can't be arsed at all. Some very lazy "performances" out there today.

It's unfair to blame the manager when the players clearly aren't doing the job they are being paid to do.

Guest Spectre

I'm with Caley on this one, the first half was pathetic, letting Falkirk have as much time and space as they wanted.  At least in the second half they must have been given a rocket at half time because there was a bit more effort.  And we looked the most likely to score in the second half, but overall deserved to lose.

I wasn't there either today but I reckon that's part of the problem. I can't remember the last time I saw a good fighting performance that would make me want to spend all that money on a 350 mile round trip. So I've only seen 3 away games since New Year.

What worries me? Well Gretna have saved us this season but next year is our 5th in the SPL. We want to do better than ?ivi and they only lasted 5 seasons.

5 points from 30 in 2008 is relegation form and totally unacceptable.

the only defence I can make for him is how much of a say does he have in the selection of Niculae, who today should have been hooked long before Wyness and is first choice regardless of form.

Then again someone must be responsible for the spineless perfomances this year.

I was in favour of Brewster's re-appointment, but he has to accept that recent results and performances have been totally unacceptable...

He is going to have to address the current situation as a matter of some urgency, and explain to the board and the support, just what he intends to do about it....  

Brewster is the "yes man" in the Orion dictatorship - that is why he was picked. I still cant believe how some punters cant see that we are trying to play a system to try and get the best out of Niculae. Lets get rid of Brewster, Niculae and Savage - lets get back to the days of yore.

You lot have lost the plot, GET A REALITY CHECK :symbol_exclaim01:

On the contrary, perhaps it's time Brewster's cheerleaders had a bit of a reality check.  How many more dire performances do there have to be before certain people realise that he's not the manager they think he is?

Maybe we should be blaming the players, most of whom look like they can't be arsed at all. Some very lazy "performances" out there today.

It's unfair to blame the manager when the players clearly aren't doing the job they are being paid to do.

But WHY has the performance dropped?

WHY are players not willing to sign new contracts?

WHY have we got rid of some of our best players?

Answer......

Brewster and his appointers !!! :008: :008: :008: :008: :008: :008:

Guest stratherrick

I normally read the posts but have not felt the need to post until today......

I have been a season ticket holder for many years and feel we need to have  A REALITY CHECK..

we are save in the SPL, crowds are holding up  - we are wanting the manager replaced .. why ?.

In terms of budget and attracting players due to greographical location we are still punching above our weight,.

I am delighted and priveledged to watching SPL football in Inverness and think the Chairman, Board, Management and Players deserve enormous credit for keeping us in the league.

Rememebr how far we have come and look at what has happened to Gretna, Dundee, Falkirk, Airdrie etc. now and in previous years.

Be grateful for where we are and show some positivity and give the team some support.

(Not so long I was watching Inverness Thistle against the likes of Rothes,Brora etc. in front of 200 - 300 fans.. )

I normally read the posts but have not felt the need to post until today......

I have been a season ticket holder for many years and feel we need to have  A REALITY CHECK..

we are save in the SPL, crowds are holding up  - we are wanting the manager replaced .. why ?.

In terms of budget and attracting players due to greographical location we are still punching above our weight,.

I am delighted and priveledged to watching SPL football in Inverness and think the Chairman, Board, Management and Players deserve enormous credit for keeping us in the league.

Rememebr how far we have come and look at what has happened to Gretna, Dundee, Falkirk, Airdrie etc. now and in previous years.

Be grateful for where we are and show some positivity and give the team some support.

But if current form persists then we will no longer be in the SPL and crowds will dwindle !

(Not so long I was watching Inverness Thistle against the likes of Rothes,Brora etc. in front of 200 - 300 fans.. )

I hear ya.....and sitting watching that mince today my mind was wandering back to those days. Entertaining football....remember that ! :021: