We Need A New Manager For Next Season

Kingsmills

Should Craig Brewster Be Repaced As Manager ?  

692 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Delay Decision Until The End Of The Season

RednBlack's right, Stratherrick.... The support won't put up with the kind of performances we have seen recently for too long...

It is a marvellous achievement that we are where we are, and all credit to our long serving players for getting us there...

However don't you think we are entitled to feel a wee bit concerned at the way things are going at the moment..?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A manager has to be judged on the course of a season, not just a run of bad form......particularly if the bad form has its roots in factors outwith the manager's control.

There are quite a few causes for concern, and I really don't know if Brewster is good enough, but just remember this - we lost our first 6 games of the season, and the majority view here at the time was that we'd settle for Brew getting us up to 11th place and giving us another chance in the SPL next season.

Guest spruceyboy

the fact is we've lost sum of our best players such as dods, dargo n rankin and brew hasnt had the right kind of skills 2 replace those kind of players with players of an equal calibre we need a manager who can get them kind of players and who can also motivate the team !!!

i mean there is no way we should be geting beat by a team like falkirk at home or even away 4 tht matter of fact !!! brew needs 2 get his head sorted or he has 2 go he's giving us his dundee united form !!!

I'm not calling for Brewster's head, but there is definitely some kind of malaise permeating right through the whole team at the moment.

He has to give the board, and the support an assurance that he is the right person for the job, and that he has whatever it takes to sort it all out...  :018:  

Guest Muir-Jaggie

i think its a bad spell were going thru right now, but i say we should wait and see at the end of the season. no top 6 this season :020:

the same think happend to the other team i support FC Bayern, the fans wanted his head at the start of the season after a bad run of games losing to wee teams which Bayern should have be winning and now he will be the new switz manager after euro 2008 :021: and Bayern are gettin Jurgen Klinsmann :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03:

I don't expect to see us challenging for the title or europe, but i do expect to see a manager who has some idea of what's going on and 11 players who give nothing less than 100%. - but im afraid that simply isn't happening.

But i cant work out why there has been such a change.

Players like duncan demanding higher wages because he played through the lower leagues with the team, yet continues to be in my opinion our most consistent player of the season (consistently poor). What turns my stomach is how russell has conducted himself through the press and quotes from his agent. It all leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

I know that Wyness was disappointed to hear that Brewster was coming back. I think Brewster made it clear last time that he didn't fancy wyness. Dennis is a confinence player. He managed to go on a good scoring run then got injured. While scoring Brewster can hardly drop him, but once wyness is injured it appears brewster is relucantto place any faith in Dennis.

The team selections are baffling.

Go back to aberdeen game some months ago. Ritchie Hart hadn't been seen or heard of for long enough, yet starts the game, then doesnt even make squad again.

Pantyliner, works hard to feature in squad, starts off on bench, then after couple of decent appearances makes the first team. Has one bad game last week and then he's left out of squad altogether.

Brewster really is baffling me. Compare the managers today and decide which one wanted the win more and how they motivated their team from the sidelines.

At the hearts game the home support was fantastic  till the point where the self destruct button was pressed, yet after the game Brewster critisised the supporters. Today the group of boys I've been taking to games for years actually asked to leave early as the football served up in recent weeks has been so poor.

If we don't get a result against kille on sat, then lose our customary game against the dons, we really could be in the shecht. Esp as the gretna situation could explode in our face at any time.

I think Brewtser could end up being the first ict manager to be sacked.

the majority view here at the time was that we'd settle for Brew getting us up to 11th place and giving us another chance in the SPL next season.

I seem to remember the majority view was that we would rather NOT have Brewster under any circumstances  :017:

Something is wrong

And someone from a high level within the club should admit that something is wrong, and say what is being done, or what will to be done to put matters right...

There has to be an explanation for why so many players, individually and collectively, are suddenly suffering from such a dramatic loss of form...

Yesterday's performance was not that bad. I disagree about Marius. He worked hard but up front we lacked energy and drive. Players like Denzil seem to be getting lots of opportunities to play and perform but generally seem to be giving up. Russell played pretty well although I do questiion whether a two year contract for Denzil and three for Russell will be good VFM. The result was bad but resulted from a late slip up. We did not appear to want to score.

Within the team there seems to be a general belief that we cannot currently score.

If Brewster does not inject some life into the last 8 games especially with some of the younger lads Brewster should think hard and long. In particular whether he has done his bit as a Manager here regardless of his Licence or Certificate to Manage. If he comes to the same conclusion as Charlie then he should walk and save us compensation should he be unable to motivate the players at the start of next season. He saved us but in retrospect Brookes Mileson would have saved us.

Yesterday's performance was not that bad.

It was a dreadful performance.  We never looked like scoring.  Yes getting beat was a bit much to take and a point each would have been fair.  A point at home to Falkirk would not have been good enough though.  These are the games we must win.  It is easy to say at least we are watching SPL football and all that rubbish.  We have been watching it for 4 seasons so should we not be looking to progress?  This year is likely to be our lowest finish yet and it is not acceptable.  Something has to change in the summer, infact 3 things.  1. Savage :sillywave: 2. Bennet  :sillywave: 3. Brewster and Malky :sillywave:

I haven't read all the preceding posts on this thread.  I think I'd find it too depressing.  That run of six wins when Brew was 'walking on water' seems a long time ago now.  However, I cannot believe we are seriously calling for his head with the season not yet over.  He wasn't my choice when he got the job, but surely he deserves a couple of seasons.  We don't want to follow Newcastle's example surely, although, having said that, Keegan will be available shortly!!

I think we should assess the situation at the end of the season. We are at no realistic risk of relegation and we've already seen how a winning streak can so quickly become a losing streak. We all know that football is swings and roundabouts and it could turnaroud again. As there is no obvious replacement for Brewster waiting in the wings, and because we have nothing to gain or lose by waiting a couple of months, I think we should hold fire for now.

As I indicated in my original post my concern about Brewster's ability as a manager is based not just on results and performances since his return but also on his record with Dundee United where he had , initially at least, the backing of a very wealthy benefactor and resources that ICT could only dream about.

Despite that, he appeared to "Lose the dressing room" very quickly and there is little doubt that Dundee United would have been relegated had they not parted company with Brewster and his team for whom they'd shelled out ?300,000 only months before..

My expectations are not unrealistic, 'm happy to be watching SPL football in Inverness at all. I too remember watching Jags play with varying degrees of success or otherwise, in front of crowds of three or four hundred. I don't expect ICT to win the SPL or indeed finish in the top four but I do expect to see team spirit and commitment from the players and some demonstration of tactical awareness from the coaching staff all of wich has been patently absent since Brewster's return.

I,m not canvassing the manager's dismissal because we've failed to get into the top six or because we've not progressed in the cup competitions, although these would have been a nice bonus I'm doing so as I have a genuine fear that if nothing is done we will be relegated next season and I,for one, don't believe that we'd necessarily come straight back up in which case, rather than watching the likes of Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen plaing regularly in Inverness in front of crowds of 7,000 we would be plying Stirling and Morton in front of 1,500 and talking again about part time football.

Something is wrong

There has to be an explanation for why so many players, individually and collectively, are suddenly suffering from such a dramatic loss of form...

It's not rocket Science...

Donald Park left us while we were still in good form.  He joined Hibs who were on a poor run of form at the time.  Since then we have become nothing shy of a ******* shambles and Hibs are on winning ways again...

I don't know what it was yesterday, but as soon as I saw Imrie and McAllister warming up, I just knew it was going to be McBain and Cowie coming off.  Cowie was starting to put in some good runs in the second half and gets hooked for his efforts.  Brewster hasn't a clue about what he's doing, FACT.

Yoy will all have heard of the Bermuda triangle?  aye? well we in sneck have the Scottish version.

Its called the Longman triangle...

Savage

Bennett                Brewster

Its when we have a triangle of people within a football team, that can make basic skills disappear without trace, can make goals disapear, it can also make        ( worryingly)  the team spirit sink to the bottom of the Moray Firth.

But we should be thankfull than we, the ordinary supporters are actually supporting a team in the SPL....  thank god..for a moment if had imagined that we had might have had a thing called ambition.

Guest birdog

But we should be thankfull than we, the ordinary supporters are actually supporting a team in the SPL....  thank god..for a moment if had imagined that we had might have had a thing called ambition.

We had the ambition but that ambition has been met, we have reached the SPL where the money is, now all we need to do is settle back and let the cash roll in. No need to play any major standard of football, just do enough to keep our place in the cash cow SPL.

Fer feck's sake, is it not ok to say things are going to sh!t when they're going to sh!t these days? Folk pilloried Charlie but the bugger knew more about forging a team than Brew ever will and over the piece I suspect his results were better than grey 'ead's. The side that came back from the dead against Celtic isn't there any more, and anyone who could come off the bench and change a game has been farmed out to Perth/brought up on drugs charges/sold to Hibs because - well, why? How many of our starting eleven could reasonably expect a regular start at Easter Road? If there's even a sniff of personal clashes affecting team selection then certain feet shouldn't touch the bloody ground. If there's a suggestion that players are leaving because of personality issues then frankly a clause should be written into the contracts of future management - as well as those of players - insisting that the good of the club is paramount and that a departure from that goal because you take against someone is unacceptable and legally punishable.

Brewster will never be more than a competent coach, whereas we could do with a competent manager. Get him out. I don't know whether or not the rot stops there, but taking the screen away would make it easier to see.