We Need A New Manager For Next Season

Kingsmills

Should Craig Brewster Be Repaced As Manager ?  

692 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Delay Decision Until The End Of The Season

Guest shazi

Totally agree Stratherrick

We have done so well in such a short space of time, sometimes we will go through a bad patch and we havent had many.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In his post match interview for Radio Scotland, Brewster said he felt his team were "in the ascendency" - if that was the case then why did he take off two players at one time and change the team? Surely a team that is pushing for a goal should be left as it is!

On a lighter note - did anyone else in the main stand spot the sabotage by one of the Falkirk subs - as Richard Hastings made a run down the left in the first half and was about to cross the ball, the ball took a savage bobble - off a mobile phone! This was handed to the Police and quickly claimed by someone from the Falkirk bench.

Totally agree Stratherrick

We have done so well in such a short space of time, sometimes we will go through a bad patch and we havent had many.

Yes this is true, but when is it time to step in John? 1 post + Stratherrick + Jaggie hmmmm  :024:

And if Brewster is fired who will ICT attract?

A mature experienced Manager?Not without a fortune being offered. And have the Board not tried that with one of the players and got only mixed results.

Thirdly maybe a younger less experienced Manager but one who has the drive and passion ?

So , in this case, how long should he be given to find his feet, get the experience under the belt and be a strong hand on the tiller? Would that time be long enough to allow ICT to avoid relegation? Well, that's a doubtful one for sure. :024:

My prediction anyway is that Brew will NOT be fired--he will be given another chance for next season, which , all things considered might  also be the fair thing to do --unless ICT lose all the remaining matches of course when the calls for his head will  be strident.

The one nagging factor in all this which worries me is whether the suggestion that he may be a yes man as part of his contract and or ,as a result, part of the devisive  politics behind the scenes and so forth is true. Which if true means that he is not hios own man and the situation will definitely get worse befiore it gets better. So I really do wish that those of the punters on here who have mentioned this stuff as being a problem would come right out in the open and tell us all what their take on this is , in detail.

I predict, however, that this will not happen and the fans will drift away from the Tulloch until a radical re-think takes place . In fact the trend now is so obvious, accentuated by the apparent lack of confidence in the players, that I think it is all probably going to get worse before it gets better. Go on, tell old Scarlet he is wrong. I want to hear your views. :007:

I am afraid that you have as much of my "veiled" detail as is allowed !! But just wait for the pending "changes" and just laff at the excuses made - Savage, Bennett, Niculae, Brewster and Smith.

n35837.jpg "Feck me Smiffy - the firth looks choppy at the moment - How do we get out of here?"

Brewster is taking us the same way he took United. Who do we replace him with? Someone who shows a bit of knowledge & passion for the game. I don't know who that will be, but let's have some suggestions!

John Collins?  He's certainly one that would give everyone an equal chance and drop anyone deemed not good enough!  We'd have to pay a bit for him and tbh, I don't believe he left Hibs because funds were not made available to him for transfers.

John Collins?  He's certainly one that would give everyone an equal chance and drop anyone deemed not good enough!  We'd have to pay a bit for him and tbh, I don't believe he left Hibs because funds were not made available to him for transfers.

at least John Collins might getting us playing attractive passing football and not this ineffectual long ball 'insert expletive here' that is often served up.

Certainly couldnt see it happening though, firstly i dont think we could afford to hire him, secondly i doubt he'd relocate up here and thirdly if as rumoured he was annoyed by the lack of funds made available for transfers then i cant see the situation being much different up here

I am afraid that you have as much of my "veiled" detail as is allowed !! But just wait for the pending "changes" and just laff at the excuses made - Savage, Bennett, Niculae, Brewster and Smith.

n35837.jpg"Feck me Smiffy - the firth looks choppy at the moment - How do we get out of here?"

Looks like Ian Black trying to chuck Marius into the firth...  :015:

Having stated on a previous occassion that 451 at home is negative what happens, we play 442 with two players upfront who play exactly the same way, you cannot win.

We have also given more goals away since the arrival of Mcgire, if as a fan who supposedly knows nothing about football can see this why cannot the manager.

Just as an aside, it was strange on saturday, I wasn't disappointed at the end of the game, could be I, like the team have come to accept poor performances.  :024: :024: :024: :024:

I agree about Collins but I'm afraid our on field ills can't be blamed on the board.

Anyone who considers that the signing of Marius Niculae did absolutely nothing to enhance the spirit of the team, might dispute that statement.

Also : Were the board not responsible for re-instating Craig Brewster?

Something is wrong

There has to be an explanation for why so many players, individually and collectively, are suddenly suffering from such a dramatic loss of form...

It's not rocket Science...

Donald Park left us while we were still in good form.  He joined Hibs who were on a poor run of form at the time.  Since then we have become nothing shy of a f****** shambles and Hibs are on winning ways again...

I don't know what it was yesterday, but as soon as I saw Imrie and McAllister warming up, I just knew it was going to be McBain and Cowie coming off.  Cowie was starting to put in some good runs in the second half and gets hooked for his efforts.  Brewster hasn't a clue about what he's doing, FACT.

Agreed about Cowie, and some of Brew's substitutions have been ridiculous. Also wheres Paatelainen? Is he injured? I thought he was playing quite well and he's dropped totally from the squad! Clearly something wasn't working so to drop Paati to the bench maybe, but out the squad??

And something else, we may not have won, or Hibs lost or whatever since DP left, but we were in great form when Rankin left, and we've been s***e since he's gone, and Hibs as you've mentioned are back to winning ways.

I have absolutely no idea why he insists on continually selecting McBain whose last meaningful contribution was probably his goal at Gretna!, whilst dropping Imrie and Paati and sending Barry to Perth. Basically, get Brew gone, bring in an experienced manager WHO KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING!!!

Seems to me that the return of Malky Thompson has brought about the loss of form, Maybe Parkie kept brew in order.. maybe we will gub Killie on saturday...maybe i'll win the lottery...

Seems to me that the return of Malky Thompson has brought about the loss of form, Maybe Parkie kept brew in order.. maybe we will gub Killie on saturday...maybe i'll win the lottery...

You winning the lottery is a possibility....  :018:

Quote from TomCaleyJag today

"I have absolutely no idea why he insists on continually selecting McBain whose last meaningful contribution was probably his goal at Gretna!"

If I am reading this correctly then the only meaningful contribution a player can make, in your eyes, is to score a goal. To carry this argument forward then the majority of Caley players have made few contributions all season unless, of course, they have scored! Surely a player can be the provider of passes, crosses etc. and make a very useful contribution to the game without actually scoring - in fact some players will go for a few seasons without scoring but contribute greatly to the team.