For Ref's sake...

TopSix

Well, the last game of the season is upon us....

As a Caley fan based in Edinburgh, I usually only make it to away games. This thing that has really struck me this season is the (lack of) quality in the referees and the linesmen. When are the SPL going to get a grip and appoint full time, paid officals??

Funnily enough I always thought Eddie Smith was dire and never up to SPl standard. Then he has a pretty good game against Falkirk. Was he showing his true standard or has he had off days in our previous games !

Sack the following refs

Callum Murray

Dougie MacDonald

Alan Freeland

If you do that I guarantee the standard would improve by about 300% straight away!

Add Mike McCurry to that list RIG, its true we have seen some dire referee performances this season, much much worse than we saw in the first div. two seasons ago.

Whether its the quicker one touch type football i dont know, but its the lack of consistancy which causes the problem and angers fans and players alike.

Agree with metalgecko: Eddie Smith had a decent game on Wednesday. I can put up with a mince ref, but it's the lack of consistency that has been the main problem with the majority of refs this season!