ICT -V- Aberdeen : Matchday Thread

Scotty

Deja Vu or should that be Deja Brew!!

Can't believe we lost  :009: The effort and commitment shown by the majority of our players was impressive especially when down to 10 men in the second half. That's the kind of display I'd hope for week in week out from the team and if Brew can get them playing like that every week he can stay as far as I'm concerned.

Tokely was immense and ran himself into the ground, Niculae was easily the best player on the pitch and worked tirelessly for the team and I can't believe I'm going to say this but the invisible man Roy McBain was great today - possibly his best ever game for ICT  :clapping03:

Who knows what would have happened if Duncan hadn't been so bloody stupid and got himself sent off as he was actually playing pretty well.

Gutted we lost but well done Brew & the lads  :021:

PS It may have been mentioned elsewhere already but I heard Black was in the Heathmount today rather than attending the game  :rolleyes02:

Black was sitting in front of me at the game. With I assume his Brother - they looked like Bilbo and Frodo Baggins  :003:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brewster's tactics weren't good at all...we went with 1 man up from the start and two strikers and the bench and none came on!

Aberdeen should have had at least 1 player sent off for dissent or a few bad tackles or two bookings but in saying that mcguire should have been sent off and possible Roy aswell.

I said that Russell should have been taken off after he scored because it was obvious that he was gonna get sent off!!

I thought Ike Fraser had a good game today, made some very crucial saves and just unfortunate with the goals.

Barry Nicholson's goal was a defensive shambles, at least one midfielder should have picked up his runs and then munro and mcguire didn't even notice him!!  Everyone seems to ball watch!

I don't feel Munro and Mcguire can play at CB together tbh!

Malky was his usual raj and do nothing decent in the dugout!

People around where i was sitting said that Black was in the Heathmount before the game drinking!  He was at the game in the main stand though!

Brewster can't be praised for today, patti was a bad sub, it should've been Wyness or Rory on!  It should be players like, Niculae, Proctor, Roscoe, Fraser, McBain that should be getting praised not Brewster!

But we can talk and discuss all we want....It's a sixth or seventh straight defeat!  No win in 12 either!  The stats talk and Brewster shouldn't be manager!

People around where i was sitting said that Black was in the Heathmount before the game drinking!  He was at the game in the main stand though!

And your point is ? He was basically relegated to reserve/u-19 squad and has no matchday duties today presumably ?

But we can talk and discuss all we want....It's a sixth or seventh straight defeat!  No win in 12 either!  The stats talk and Brewster shouldn't be manager!

7 defeats in a row ... but I guarantee you people feel less angry about todays defeat because the players at least tried !!!

11 games without a win

17 games V Aberdeen, no wins

Gutted :019:

But a much better performance, Rossco was superb and Marius oozed class, Russell scored a cracker and was needlessly sent off, shame on him.  Invisible man popped up to score one of our best engineered goals this season.  Gutted for those that stayed on the park, they put in a lot of effort.  Doug Imrie needs to be worked on, he was very ineffective.  McGuire gives so much away and Proc was given the runaround by the impressive Aluko.  I'm still gutted though.

I believe a player can be carded for their actions up until they get back to the changing room and it was reported that it was for something he said as he was leaving the pitch....can't imagine what kind of verbal offence could have justified a straight red though.

A Referee is in charge from the moment he enters the stadium to the moment he leaves and can caution, warn, or send off any player or manager at any point he likes.

Well I suppose we come to expect a last minute goal for aberdeen......how many times does that happen???

An improved performance undoubtedly, but still another defeat and still persisting with 4-5-1.

Wrong choice of substitutions IMO!

AND why are we still so poor at set pieces......must've been half a dozen corners second half and every one was squandered !!!

Niculae was given Sportsound MoM, would people agree that his performance today (which I can only go on by hearsay) was attributed to his goal (and subsequent confidence boost) midweek?

Just back in from a match I felt was very very even.

Aluko ran rings round Tokely and Proctor for much of the first half.  I really fail to see why McGuire has become so unreliable after signing permanently; I genuinely can't remember him putting a good shift in after the January transfer window.

Looking at how the team was positioned, I genuinely couldn't see where our goals were coming from...  Cowie doesn't really play his best in centre mid despite playing there for County.  Imrie has yet to impress me, and I was sceptical about Tokely being pushed up to attacking right mid.

What was Duncan playing at with his goal celebration?  Funny as it was, there was no need for it at all!  Then to top his performance off, he gets himself sent off for an act of idiocy.  I said it before and it will take a lot of convincing to change my mind but he should never have been given a new contract  :008:

2nd half and I felt Proctor and Hastings were really struggling.  McGuire made more of a fanny of himself.  Without Duncan it appeared McBain was orchestrating the midfield beautifully!  A definite contender for MoM! 

Brewster as per usual, left it until the death to make a change.  On came Richie Hart to a huge roar from the crowd and put in one his best SPL performances.  Imrie recieved a standing ovation from a few in the North Stand which quite frankly beggars belief, I think he's mince.  On came Paatelainen didn't really play to the best of his ability.  Why was the 3rd sub not used?!  :008:  More tactical inability from Brewster, we badly needed to take McGuire out of the game and put on fresh legs at the back!

If Duncan had not been sent off, our game badly needed a 2nd striker to play off Niculae, someone like Wyness.  The game would have been very different but I doubt the Ego would have gone with that option. 

Positives from the game:  Great overall team performance, the team as a whole looked hungry for the ball and had more passion in this one game than our last 10 put together!

Fantastic individual performances from McBain, Niculae, Hart, Cowie and to an extent Tokely.

Negatives:  Duncan... Need I say more?  His presence in the team is a negative IMHO, the mere fact that he was offered a new contract is a negative  :008:

McGuire... again need I say more?  Grade A pish from him yet again.  :008:

Dougie MacDonald - Card happy ****!  A sub-standard referee - Not even fit for the 2nd division!

Brewster - Late substitutions and didn't use all 3 subs.  When will he f*cking learn?!  :008:  Get him tae f*ck!  :33:

Long ball tactics... and again, need I say more?

One of the biggest pieces of unbelievable nonsense was Talcy Malky actually applauding each occasion Mike Fraser kicked the ball straight from his hands to his opposite number ???....eh....do we not want to keep possession when we are chasing the game with 10 men?

On the defensive side, I agree with what has been said about McGuire but I felt for the second goal, Hastings could have blocked the cross and Fraser should have come to meet the ball instead of standing rooted on his line. I don't know what we employ a goalkeeping coach for. Anything in the 6 yard box should be the goalkeepers...he could have come and punched the cross...there was no great pace on it.  I still feel he is not confident enough.

Tactics still non existent....looked like 4-1-3-1-1.....what is that???...at home !!

Can't fault the effort of most players today, though, Niculae is class...shame he not being played properly.

Your Days are numbered CB.

Devistated by the final outcome of the match, thought we deserved something out of it.

Brewster, and the rest of the team were let down by Duncan's behaviour, which was a shame because he had a very good first half.

Although I found some of the Dougie McDonald's decisions ludicrous (including 4 minutes extra time) when will footballers learn from rugby counterparts and show some respect towards referees and the rules of the game. The captain should lead by example, Grant Munro  :018:

Positives from the game....

Tokley what a vintage performance playing out of position.

Marius, superb.

Cowie, big improvement, after a bit of a lull.

I will be able to tell my grandchildren that I was at a match where Russell Duncan and Roy McBain scored  :023:

I don't know what we employ a goalkeeping coach for. Anything in the 6 yard box should be the goalkeepers...
but as the g/k coach wasnt the best g/k himself,can he teach ike anything new? they should of given mr calder the job when they had the chance :023:

Ian Black (or the absence of)- was apparently in the Heathmount while we were playing.

Must have been keeping Daddy Brew or Grasser's seat warm for after the match. Oh well at least it looks like hes trying to make amends.

is he? by doing what? turning up and not applauding?? :018:

cant believe we lost to that sheeiite again but at least we got an improved performance from most players. brewster needs his head examined if he thinks tokely should play in midfield though and looked like he wanted to keep going back to right back which was just as well as proctor was getting rodgered by aluko for most of the first half at least.

duncan lost the plot after scoring a cracker yet i honestly never noticed he had been sent off until 15 mins into the second half along with most of the people around me which doesnt say much for duncan or indeed me :029:

i want to like imrie but hes not making it easy.  ffs he is never as good as barry wilson and was pish today

top performers:

tokely : he is superman even playing midfield

nicolae: absolute class act and man of the match .we're lucky to have him

donkey:

mcguire : put in a great shift for his former club

Totally gutted by the result... cant believe we lost agin to the sheep shaggers,    but....    we showed we have spirit, even though Mcguire is feckin hopeless as is Hastings and Imrie.

Cowie was pretty poor today, wasnt at the races, too easily beat to the ball.

There are too many players in that team who are not good enough, and they know who they are, but does Brewster?

Mcguire is useless...feck aff back to Aberdeen.

Does anyone know what actually happened after the game that resulted in Granty being red carded?

I understand that at the end of the game, Foster (already on a yellow card) booted the ball away (ala Russel Duncan). The ref turned a blind eye, just as he turned a blind eye to Nicholson who celebrated in the same way as Duncan earlier on. That along with the fact that Aberdeen scored in the 95th minute, when only 4 was added on (havnt been able to check that, but thats what I was told) lead to Granty and a number of other caley fans surrounding the ref after the game. Im not sure if they all received yellow cards or just Grant, but it ended in his dismissal either way.

What a game that was - it was a local derby, relegation decider and a cup tie rolled into one.  :010:

Dougie MacDonald is a shockigly poor ref but how many times have decisions gone against us when we are playing so-called "big" teams but I don't really consider Aberdeen to be a big team any more.  :020:

Russell Duncan ? Words fail me. How different might the result have turned out if he'd played the whole of the game ?  :008:

Support - pretty brilliant.  :021:

Roll on next Saturday at Almondvale - surely we'll win that one. Won't we ?  :024:

I understand that at the end of the game, Foster (already on a yellow card) booted the ball away (ala Russel Duncan). The ref turned a blind eye, just as he turned a blind eye to Nicholson who celebrated in the same way as Duncan earlier on. That along with the fact that Aberdeen scored in the 95th minute, when only 4 was added on (havnt been able to check that, but thats what I was told) lead to Granty and a number of other caley fans surrounding the ref after the game. Im not sure if they all received yellow cards or just Grant, but it ended in his dismissal either way.

They do say a minimum of 4 minutes stoppage time sadly. However if there were to only be four minutes then the official should blow when that time is up and not to see if anything happens from any kind of attacking play. If that's what MacDonald did who knows.

You say Caley fans surrounded the referee?  :confused02: