IAN BLACK ?

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest CaleyJaggy

That is the point I am disagreeing with.  We can and have in the past replaced important players with others who have been/become better than the player they are replacing.  I also never said it would be easy, just that it can be done. Bobby Mann/Dods being a prime example of when it has been in the past.  Sure you used the Dods/Dargo comparison and yes they haven't really been replaced but look at the players that they themselves replaced and the money we spent to get them.  That is an example of when we have bettered the team and done it within our means and that is the point we can do it.

You seem to be getting caught up in my man u/Caley comparisons.  The only reason man u were used is that is the 1st example of something similar to this situation that came to my head.  I am in no way comparing the two clubs as we are on a different level to them.  But on the level ICT operate we should be able to attract players to do a job for us and improve us as we have done in the past.

You and some others seem to be under the impression that Black is irreplaceable to the team all I am saying is that we have lost players in the past and managed just fine to replace them and Black will be no different, if he goes.

Edit - There was a point somewhere about the players who have been here so long but i'll be damned if I can remember what it was I posted by accident as I had to go out sorry ;)

There is a reason I am getting caught up in the Man Utd/ICT comparison because that is my whole point  :004: I know full well ICT can replace players like other clubs do but the manner and timescale in which we can replace them is vastly different to certain other clubs. That's basically what I am saying - we find it harder than some/most clubs to replace talented players because we won't attract the best and are, for the most part, a stepping stone club.

This is what other managers have been judged on as ICT have seldom lost many important players all at once. Last season you could argue the spine of the team was lost when Dargo, Dods and Brown all left. Have we replaced them? In Browns case yes but the other two I'm not so sure. Through in Rankin as well as Black and perhaps Wyness and these are 5 hugely talented players that ICT were/are very lucky to have and replacing them is going to be **** difficult. We'll just need to see who comes in.

And looking at one of the other threads I see something about Juanjo?  :017:

Lol so we are talking about the same thing then  :014:  Your 2nd point about losing the spine is what I was going to make a point on when I was going on about how long the players had been at Caley for, I personally don't think we have lost the spine, more like we have lost the flair players (I cant think of what to compare it to) that elevate the team above and beyond.

The not replacing Dods and Dargo though, can't be leveled at Brew as he had only really had the Jan transfer window to operate in and I think you'll agree, that it isn't the best time to be signing players.  This summer is going to be important and I'd like to see Brew given a good shot at improving the team.  AS you say we haven't lost this amount of important players in such a short time before.

Lol so we are talking about the same thing then  :014:  Your 2nd point about losing the spine is what I was going to make a point on when I was going on about how long the players had been at Caley for, I personally don't think we have lost the spine, more like we have lost the flair players (I cant think of what to compare it to) that elevate the team above and beyond.

The not replacing Dods and Dargo though, can't be leveled at Brew as he had only really had the Jan transfer window to operate in and I think you'll agree, that it isn't the best time to be signing players.  This summer is going to be important and I'd like to see Brew given a good shot at improving the team.  AS you say we haven't lost this amount of important players in such a short time before.

I think we lack a lot of creativity now and a certain amount of width. With players like Rankin and Wilson we could easily spread the ball wide. Players like Proctor, McBain and Tokely in the wide areas don't off the same width as all of them cut in a lot. We are normally pretty good at stretching teams but no longer have the personnel to do so sadly. We did do it towards the end of the game on Saturday with some great counter attacks - take note Brewster!

Certainly don't blame Brewster (wholly) for not replacing Dods and Dargo. It's not like the last management team didn't know Dods was leaving us and they really should have attacked sooner. I can't help but feel that McGuire is a sticky plaster solution. As you say the summer will be very interesting and I would like to think a number of potential targets have been identified already to replace Rankin, Dods, Dargo, Wilson, Wyness and Hart.

The summer has become a vital time for us.

We need to strengthen the defence, add flair and width to the midfield and find some goals upfront.

This is probably the first major overhaul the team has required in terms of the number of personnel required, and the consequences of getting it wrong don't bear thinking about.

We need to strengthen the defence, add flair and width to the midfield and find some goals upfront.

This is probably the first major overhaul the team has required in terms of the number of personnel required, and the consequences of getting it wrong don't bear thinking about.

Agreed. It's a huge task indeed and something we simply haven't really dealt with over the course of last summer and into this season.

You could perhaps argue that you can see what has happened when cetain players weren't replaced effectively. We now find ourselves battling to finish 10th instead of going for this magical "Top 6" spot. Get it wrong next season and we WILL be back in the SFL.

Agreed. It's a huge task indeed and something we simply haven't really dealt with over the course of last summer and into this season.

You could perhaps argue that you can see what has happened when cetain players weren't replaced effectively. We now find ourselves battling to finish 10th instead of going for this magical "Top 6" spot. Get it wrong next season and we WILL be back in the SFL.

Undoubtedly, the cause has been not dealing with issues as they arose. Not replacing Dods was criminal - we had 8 months notice that he was going.

If the problem isn't being addressed as we speak, it may already be too late.

The only other ray of hope is that Hamilton's record in the top division is very poor, but we shouldn't have to rely on other teams being cr@p to save our bacon.

Dods has been the key loss for us this season. Our defence has been woeful throughout this year and it's something we have talked about on here several times. Before we could grind out a 1 - 0 win or a voctory by the odd goal but while we can score a couple more often than not we are losing 3 or 4.

As you say we had forever to get something sorted but it seems a lot of effort went into securing Niculae at the expense of other areas of the team. Hopefully there will be no such repeat this summer.

I am not sure about Hamilton to be honest. I think they will be a far better prospect than Gretna and while last season they (Gretna) were sure to go back down, albeit not in the manner they will be do so, I cannot see Hamilton being so feeble and pathetically set up for life in the SPL.

There's one small part of Brewsters comments that really irks me and that is - "There was no fall-out but"

That one part of the comment alone reeks of the type of arrogance where people in a position of authority will not listen to what others have to say and make comments like "There's no argument, what I say goes, end off"

To suggest there's been no fall-out is just laughable.  If there's been no fall-out then I can only assume that Brewster is happy not to have Black training with the first team and that Black is happy to be training with the U19's and that would be an even more worrying situation.

Blackie spoke to players this morning, did what brew asked, went in at 10am asked the team if they felt offended at what he had said was his opinion, no one replied, he then said there was a meeting tomorrow we now await the out come of this, brew stated in the press and TV etc that his team mates were offended, seems this is not the case, where does brew go now, i wait with baited breath for the next load of crap he spins us.

Yup, brew talks shi**, and blackie has stood up and been counted, brew said the players were offended, are they so afraid and if so of what

Situation is totally out of hand and needs resolved for ICT is by far a poorer side without Blackie in it.  Would really fear for our survival in the SPL without him next season as having witnessed several games of late, he really seems to be the only player who looks composed on the ball and seems to care  if we are playing poorly and gifting things to the opposition.  We need someone with a bit of passion for the game instead of the apathy that has been all too evident in the team of late.

Was going to add last Saturdays game excepted - clearly should have!  But that game apart, Blackie really is the one player who genuinely seems to hate getting beaten, a lot of the others seem to give up too readily.  Often being down to 10 mens seems to drive players on - think of the game at Ibrox when Dods was sent off early on!

Yup but with him we might have won, thats the difference, but again we will now never know its done dusted, its whats next that worries me.

Some people are in danger of crossing the line between opinion and defamation of character.  Please bare in mind that just because you post something "anonymously" on a forum does not mean you are above the law should someone pursue action for what you say against/about them.

Blackie spoke to players this morning, did what brew asked, went in at 10am asked the team if they felt offended at what he had said was his opinion, no one replied, he then said there was a meeting tomorrow we now await the out come of this, brew stated in the press and TV etc that his team mates were offended, seems this is not the case, where does brew go now, i wait with baited breath for the next load of crap he spins us.

seems to me its only black whos saying no-one has a problem,my source says same as brew,says to the press,so i know who i beleive,and it isnt  black

Foxy quote:

Yup, brew talks shi**, and blackie has stood up and been counted, brew said the players were offended, are they so afraid and if so of what

I'm afraid it is you that is talking s**** and lots of it. You're info is misguided but you need have no fears, this spat will be over shortly. FACT

My info is not shi** but one thing you are right about is that the spat will be over tomorrow either way and tomorrow the lady in question will join our sight and put her side forward people may think her side is one sided but it WILL be the truth as she sees it and she does have inside info well as inside as you can get

Foxy quote:

I'm afraid it is you that is talking s**** and lots of it. You're info is misguided but you need have no fears, this spat will be over shortly. FACT

Are you still shegging Brew ?

the lady in question will join our sight and put her side forward people may think her side is one sided but it WILL be the truth as she sees it and she does have inside info well as inside as you can get

Don't get side-tracked now Foxy - just who is the fine lady?