Gretna -V- ICT : matchday thread

Scotty

Guest CaleyJaggy

It was a no-win situation day. Even if we'd won 15-0 the cynics would cry "so what???!!!"

Sounded like we dominated the game but missed loads of chances. This happens in football. Wyness was the chief culprit, everyone on this forum has been calling for wyness to play - what do you want brew to do? (resign I say!!!! resign!!! blah blah blah)

if wyness had scored a hat-trick they'd cry "see, he should have been in the team all along! terrible managment!"

as it turned out he missed loads of gilt edged chances so it'll be "he was off colour because he's not been given enough games, and his confidence has been shot by brews poor man managment skills!"

Basically, it doesn't matter what Brewster does - the drama queens will always complain.

A win is a win.

QFT

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just back from a riveting performance, where a lot of the game consisted of Mikey punting the ball up the field to Imrie, where it would generally be won by Gretna. For the five minutes surrounding the two goals we looked like a team with a bit of fight and confidence again, and then it all just drained away again. Why?? Having said that, there were plenty of chances, but these were epitomised by a lovely cross along the goalmouth behind the keeper which Patti and AN Other (can't remember who) somehow magically failed to convert even though the ball was about a foot from the line and no Gretna players were close. Best players on the field were Kissock and Naughton from Gretna. Patti should have been subbed at half time for Hart, just seemed too lightweight today. Most depressing three points I've ever seen. Bayne, Duncan and Munro were all in the stands with us, so I hoped they enjoyed the show...

Is anyone watching the highlights on setanta??

I'm no allowed to watch them the now because of my dam sister and parents  :018:!!

Is it in the rules that a team Has to have a captin??

Is it an unwritten rules that a ref Has to cheat caley??

Although this fixture was a meaningless joke, it's still nice to see us win at last.

We made hard work of though. Brewster went back to 4-4-2, with Wyness and Imrie up front, Wilson on the right and Markus on the left. Strange then that we spent most of the game punting high balls up to our wee strikers.

There was a general lack of confidence and composure througouht the team - most of the players seemed to panic and hoof as soon as they received the ball insted of looking around for a simple pass. In spite of this, we managed to carve out a fair few chances, especially in the first half when Dennis could've had a hat-trick. Gretna came into the game more in the second half, with our defence looking as shaky as ever. McBain and Cowie deserved their goals, they worked well together in the middle of the park and were probably our best players today.

Well, how ridiculous was their goal???    Just our hopeless blinkin' goalie battin' the ball away like a wee feardie, only for Gretna....Gretna ffs to catch it on the un-necessary re-bound and score.  Fraser simply refuses to hold onto a ball and that's our reward.  Craig Brewster please, please I BEG you - get a real goalie in.

I'm bloody LIVID man,  L I V I D . :angry05:

It was a no-win situation day. Even if we'd won 15-0 the cynics would cry "so what???!!!"

Probably should have won 15-0 today. We were poor and only started playing passes in the second half but Gretna are a pub team.

Don't know if the highlights will bother showing Tumelty booking Imrie for 'simulation' when he was cemented by the goalie at 0-0. Or failing to book their man for a blatant dive. Personally I thought the first half 'penalty' was well inside. Denzil missed 4 chances before half time, the first one after only 5 mins (Maybe he was doing it deliberately to get away from Brew.....). It was one of those games where the first goal would open the floodgates, like the last time when we got 4.  Today we reckoned it should have been 7-0 at half time.

I remember when motherwell went into administration a few years ago they, like Gretna, were forced to release their 'star' players, and field a team of rookie youngsters, their results actually IMPROVED.

Just because Gretna are fielding a young side doesn't necessarily mean they will be a walkover.

Did any of their players impress? Possible signings?  :024:

What's QFT--why just Quo Vatis Turkey--as in " Vat is dat mein herr?"  :002:

Redee 15 "Hope Janjo will play soon"---That's good luv, next post will be "hope banjo will play soon". Top marks for originality. :003:

Luv yer spirit luv, luv yer spirit :sillywave:

He took a knock just as they were finishing up training on Friday but thought he would have been fine for the game on Saturday as it didn't seem too bad.  Unfortunately that wasn't the case and he had to sit this one out.

Nothing remotely "long term" and he'll be back training as normal tomorrow.

Guest eliza

To The Mantis and Yngwie -

for all those who thought women were bitchy! these two are more bitter than women any day.  Such cats!

Well, how ridiculous was their goal???    Just our hopeless blinkin' goalie battin' the ball away like a wee feardie, only for Gretna....Gretna ffs to catch it on the un-necessary re-bound and score.   Fraser simply refuses to hold onto a ball and that's our reward.   Craig Brewster please, please I BEG you - get a real goalie in.

I'm bloody LIVID man,  L I V I D . :angry05:

Connie have you ever tried to hold onto a ball that comes at you with such pace? If you ge a chance to watch the highlights again try and make a point of looking at the defenders. They were stuck to the ground.