Shorts Sponsorship

ymip

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned on here before but as of next season SPL sides will be free to sell advertising space on their shorts. I was wondering if anyone had heard anything on the grapevine regarding who might be in line for this prestigious honour.

The reason I ask is that the Company I work for is shamefully sponsoring the dismal dons shorts and I was wondering if there were any other companies willing to throw away their employees' potential bonus money in this manner.

:cry:

Guest CaleyInEurope

You just have to look at the south american leagues, the french league, and even the championship in england.

The more avenues a club can explore to bring in my more revenue, is better in the long run, for club and fan.

Suggestion for Caley short sponsor

"The Thistle Hotel Group"

payer_action_060408h.jpg

auflegen.jpg

Photos from the Austrian League

I remember seeing SV Salzburg a few years ago and couldn't believe the amount of sponsorship they had on their strip.

Top - Front, Back (Shoulders), Back (Tail), Sleeves

Shorts - Front Leg, Back Strip across butt

Socks - Back Strip down each leg

It was pretty awful but I assume the reduction in revenue from shirt sales is well made up from the money the sponsor's provide. I agree the clubs need to get as much money in as posible to survive in today's environment but it just doesn't look right.

Salzburg have got over it though - they are now called Red Bull Salzburg - one of a number of team's around the globe who are now called RED BULL.

Now there's an idea RED BULL THISTLE :015: