I BELIEVE ..... in Brewster

Scotty

Watching a game in person gives you a different perspective to listening to it online or hearing about it third hand. After today, I just want to say that I think Brewster may well be turning the corner and be a decent manager ... if off-field stuff can be sorted.

I enjoyed my first game in person for a while, saw some good performances (and some not so good ones) but I now believe (will expand on this later as I only have limited internet access right now)

If this is a positive thread don't expect too many post in it.  :001:

Must admit I still don't believe in Brewster but while he's still in charge he'll still get my support

Guest TinCanFan

I still think that Brewster's got to go and he can take his Mini Me Malky with him.  Sure todays second half was good but the first half wasn't and ICT may have got beat, if it wasn't for poor Killie side.  And the long balls are still happening.  In the first half there was 25!  And 44 overall!  Obviously these seldomly work and you could count on one hand the ones that did.

The reason Wyness played 90 minutes was because he was been given the chance to earn a new contract.

Fair play to Brew for sticking to his word about him giving Denzil a chance to prove himself.

The reason Wyness played 90 minutes was because he was been given the chance to earn a new contract.

Fair play to Brew for sticking to his word about him giving Denzil a chance to prove himself.

do you think he'll get another contract??

If this is a positive thread don't expect too many post in it.  :001:

Must admit I still don't believe in Brewster but while he's still in charge he'll still get my support

Whats with the "Brew Army" title if you dont support him ?

By still not supporting him I mean after the last couple of months not since he rejoined

do you think he'll get another contract??

Nope, he'll be playing for the tinkers next season.

If the team plays badly, it isn't always down to the Manager & coach.

If the team plays well, it isn't always down to the manager and coach.

If the players perform badly because they are dissatisfied with their contractual situation, that is definitely down to the players and probably also down to the management.

However.......

If the team selection is crap that is down to the manager.

If the team tactics are wrong, that is down to the manager.

If the substitutes are made too late in the game and the players coming on are unable to alter the game, that again is down to the manager.

If there is a loss of control in the dressing room that is also down to the manager and coach.

If the players display an open contempt of the management, that is again down to the manager and coach.

I would say, on the basis of the above, It's time he and the poacher went!

franjly after yestday amd other performances,i couldnt care if wyness stays,nicalue is slagged of for the money hes on,but at least most games he turns it on,wyness does nowt most games,yet no-one asks why he isnt justifying his wage? :018: :014:

He has to be kept on his toes. Once he hung up his boots he went into free fall again as a Manager. Significant numbers of Celtic supporters do not support Strachan. Dons supporters often turn on the tubby red one. It is not easy being a Manager in the SPL or in general most clubs.

If we make steady progress in the final four games we will approach pre season with caution. We will have quite a few new players next year so should start very positively but not too so which is a Caley feature.

If Brewster and Malky learn from errors then there is no reason we cannot sustain our membership of the SPL. Brew is showing a little bit more presence in the technical area as he adapts from being a player manager. His substitutions appear to be improving.

Killie were very weak yesterday but a 3-0 win in the SPL is a great result. There were signs of ICT of old with the undoubted class of Marius yesterday. A successful raid on Tynecastle will turn our season into a fairly successful one - especially if Celtic win the League. If Denzil scores down there and we resign him that will close the season on a high.

One person not getting praise at the moment is Roy McBain who came close yesterday to a 'hat trick' of goals in three successive games. Not bad when you consider he has also adapted well as a left back.

I must say, I am VERY suprised by Scotty's post. Winning a meaningless game, over a team that are third bottom, after failing to produce the goods in the games that matter, and suddenly all is rosy :017:

I must say, I am VERY suprised by Scotty's post. Winning a meaningless game, over a team that are third bottom, after failing to produce the goods in the games that matter, and suddenly all is rosy :017:

Bearing in mind that we are 4th bottom and need results like yesterdays to at least send the fans home looking forward to a new season.  These performances have been lacking of late, but the signs were good against aberdeen and it looks as though the problems are mostly behind the team.  No game is meaningless.

I was a bit surprised by it too, but as he said, it's the first time he has seen the team with his own eyes this season and they are perhaps not as bad as he had been led to believe from other people's sometimes hysterical accounts.

In Scotty's defence I suspect the main precipiator of his post was a combination of alcohol and  psychological factors. He evidently is suffering from delayed jet lag which can be the precursor of a type of sleep deprivation. Then there is the associated mood lifting aspects of meeting old acquaintances and a myriad of new faces who know you but you dont know them - which can be a surreal and pseudo psychotic experience for any individual. Then the social contribution of alcohol can transfer the pseudo psychosis into a state of delirium and hypomania. Ones' emotional state is prone to hypersensitivity and the individual can become disinhibited and removed from reality. I suspect that Scotty has had a reactive hypomanic reaction but should be alright after a good nights sleep.

Either that or he is talking utter shitte as usual.

Before yesterday's game I had been seriously considering not renewing my season ticket- the only thing stopping me was that we've got such great seats.

However, the performance yesterday restored my belief that it may be money well spent. Kille might be telling themselves that yesterdays was a meaningless game and doesn't count for anything - but I bet it still hurt!

Am I delusional,or did Brewster shake hands with each player he sub'd during the match? Never noticed him doing that before.

Little things mean a lot.          :clapping03:

Only when they are seriously intended and not a "show".

FAO Scotty - Hope this more clinical explanation helps.

Emotional detachment in the first sense above often arises from psychological trauma and is a component in many anxiety and stress disorders. The person, while physically present, moves elsewhere in the mind, and in a sense is "not entirely present", making them sometimes be seen as preoccupied or distracted. In other cases, the person may seem fully present but operate merely intellectually when emotional connection would be appropriate.

No game is meaningless as far as ICT is concerned, particularly next Saturday against the Jambos. This could be quite a quite a test of the team's return to winning form of late. Sounds like a good game they had against St Mirren yesterday so we'll need to be on our toes for this one.

No game is meaningless as far as ICT is concerned, particularly next Saturday against the Jambos. This could be quite a quite a test of the team's return to winning form of late. Sounds like a good game they had against St Mirren yesterday so we'll need to be on our toes for this one.

Would the game have been considered meaningless if we had lost I doubt it, although one swallow doesnt make a summer and although the I thought team were far from brilliant there didnt seem to much evidence of disharmony

I'm surprised with Scotty's post too...

Not so long ago he was posting fairly provocative stuff like this....  :018:

Scotty

Site Admin

Re: Kilmarnock -V- ICT : matchday thread

? Reply #36 on: March 22, 2008, 04:24:21 PM ? Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes - he HAS to go and he has to go NOW. none of this sh** about waiting till the end of the season ... it has already ended.