Dunfermline v ICT

ictrmd

Dunfermline vs Inverness CT

Dunfermline: Halliwell, Labonte, S, Wilson, Shields, I, Campbell, Tarachulski, Ross, Mason, Muirhead, Burchill, Hunt

Subs: McGregor, Phinn, A, Campbell, C, Wilson, Simmons, McCunnie, Daquin

Inverness CT: Brown, Tokely, Dods, McCaffrey, Golabek, Wilson, Keogh, McBain, McAllister, Bayne, Morgan

Subs: Fraser, Duncan, Wyness, Parratt, Fox, Kerr, Sutherland

Referee: D McDonald (Scotland)

This is a big game for Bayne and McAllister. I know it is a meaningless end of season game but they need to try and do something in this match, if only for confidence next season. I would like to see Parratt get a decent run out in the second half.

Terrible 1st half, but we were much better in the 2nd and deserved the win.

Couldn't believe it when Morgan's 25 yarder went in, there were about 18 players in the box and he somehow got it through them.

Bayne and Fox had easy chances to seal the win, both from great lay-offs, and Tokely had earlier missed a couple of free headers from 6 yards. Best bit of skill was Barry's 60 yard run, the eventual shot saved.

I would have to say though that the upfront pairing of Bayne and McAllister could have played on through the entire summer break and still wouldn't have scored.

Well, although he did not score today, I thought Bayne had a fantastic match, lots of effort and won practically everything in the air, chased down lost causes set up Foxy after turning the defender inside out, and almost scored what would have been one of the goals of the season after about seven one touch passes, the ball eventually whistled past the post at a great rate of knotts, very unlucky. Great performance from a man who has had his fair share of knockers on here.

We really won this game at a canter, and could have won more emphatically, but still great to get the Royal Flush since the split. Five out of five and no goals lost, Full House if you like.

good strike from Morgan from about twenty five yards through a crowded box.....drilled or rifled, take your pick.

:clapping01: :clapping01: :clapping01: :clapping01: :clapping01: :clapping01: :clapping01:

Guest kingkojak

fecks sake, bayne gets criticised cos he is a feckin striker and he cannae score for ****. today being no exception

Guest caley till AYE die

it dosent matter if he plays well he still has to start scoring or he could find his way out the door and probably to sumwhere in division 1

Seem to remember people appreciating his goals last season to kick start our SPL story. On todays showing he should start before Wyness, a striker who could do with some of Baynes effort.

Bayne and Dargo if both are still here could be the way to go next season.

Guest Jock Watt

Who else (besides me) remembers all the comments early in the season about how Dargo wasna any good 'cause he couldn't score ? !

No you are right jock. There were big rumblings about Dargo at first, myself included. He has proved us wrong with his goals.

Bayne however, despite 110% effort will only ever get maybe 5-6 goals a season - not a good enough return

I wanted Dargoals on the right wing! laugh.gif

I think Yngwie summed up the game perfectly there. Would have been nice if the players had come over to us for a bit longer so we could show our appreciation instead of trudging off so quickly.