Barry Wilsons Testimonial (merged topics)

Alex MacLeod

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did read that earlier.  Are they being funny about a successful English and European team?  We know Man Utd is out the window, that leaves (at least in my eyes) Aresenal, Liverpool and Chelsea.  But do they mean currently successful or success in the past?  Was there not a team like Nottingham Forest or a Sheffield team that gubbed Real Madrid once upon a time?...

7, do you mean the Nottingham Forest team that won the European Cup in consecutive years 1979 & 80 the European Super Cup in 79 and boasted great Scottish international players like Kenny Burns, John Robertson and Archie Gemmill, they also had Trevor Francis as striker and one Martin O'Neil in midfield.

In fact, between 1977 and 1982, it was won by English clubs

Liverpool

Liverpool

Forest

Forest

Liverpool

Aston Villa

Let's make it a bit more hostile. Poor Roscoe, who didn't break his sevice with a lucrative spell at Livingston, only got Sheffield United.

Seriously, Barry, despite his stint in West Lothian, has been a great servant to the club and deserves the honour not to mention the cash.

The Highland News can reveal though that the club, one of the most successful in European and World football, has agreed to head to the Highlands ? and several top players are expected to be in their squad.

The club is English and is one of the most successful in Europe. That can only be Liverpool.

European Cup and UEFA Champions League[74]

Winners (5): 1977, 1978, 1981, 1984, 2005

Runners-up (2): 1985, 2007

UEFA Cup

Winners (3): 1973, 1976, 2001

UEFA Super Cup

Winners (3): 1977, 2001, 2005

Runners-up (2): 1978, 1984

UEFA Cup Winners' Cup

Runners-up (1): 1966

Intercontinental Cup and Club World Cup

Runners-up (3): 1981, 1984, 2005

Final details now being tied up so watch out for the official launch within the next few days.  :004:  :004:

You know who it is now, don't you...?

:rolleyes02:

:024: :024: :015: :015:

Can't tell you or I'd have to shoot you.  :001:  MMmmmmm tempting.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I s being dotted and T s being crossed as I type.  :003: