Setanta v. Ticket Prices

RossP

Just read some interesting comments from English forums about the new Setanta deal down there. There was a lot of suggestions that reduced concession ticket prices and financial aid to away game travellers could be introduced, due to this guaranteed tv windfall.

That would perhaps be something for ICT to think about. I think its well documented that concession prices are vastly inflated, and as a result of this guaranteed tv income we could boost crowd sizes and future generations of supporter. I've a funny feeling the Setanta games involving us will be ICT v. Aberdeen (home and away), and possibly Hearts or Hibs, maybe even Dundee Utd. Don't think they'll focus on ICT v. St Mirren or Dunfermline somehow. By reducing prices i think it would be a good way to boost attendances at games that aren't as "attractive".

Any opinions?

Guest Caley83

No hope on ICT v Aberdeen

the "2nd" matches will be the Edinburgh teams away!

Fact :012: :012: :008:

I think regardless of the TV deal the club should set a system whereby matches are graded according to their likely pulling power and set admission prices accodrdingly.

For example the OF and Aberdeen get class 1 or A and are themost expensive to get tickets for. Then maybe something like Hearts and Hibs would be classed as 2/B and the rest as class 3/C with the prices getting reduced as you enter a less attractive category of game. I think this is how Hearts do their prices.

Guest Caley83

Totally agree, for non season ticket holders OF & possibly Aberdeen matches should be priced higher Say £20/15cc Class A

Important games eg v Ed teams and top six matches £20/10cc Class B

Other games £15-10/8-3cc under 12 £1 Class C-D