Old Thitle Tie wanted

Guest gerrybrisbane

Guest gerrybrisbane

Does anyone know where I can get one (good condition!)?

The old black, with a thin red diagonal stripe and the thistle emblem on it, re early 90's.

Much appreciated.

Guest gerrybrisbane

Does anyone know where I can get one (good condition!)?

The old black, with a thin red diagonal stripe and the thistle emblem on it, re early 90's.

Much appreciated.

Sorry about the spelling, the typing gets a bit sluggish after a few beers!

Guest couchpotato

Buy a red one and clean yer erse on it a few times.  :001:

And I thought you were going to offer him the one I saw you with a few weeks ago.  :001:

IHE in "SPOTTED WEARING THISTLE TIE" shocker  :010:

I can exclusively reveal that in 1972 IHE actually received trials for but was subsequently rejected by Inverness Thistle. The long term psychological effect of his rejection by what had hitherto been the love of his life (made all the more acute when they signed Milroy) was utterly devastating and had two fundamental long lasting implications for IHE.

Firstly, in a subconscious attempt at denial of this rejection by Thistle, he went to a Caley match at Telford Street, discovered the Howden End and decided from that day forward to pretend he was a Caley Fan. He was so obsessed with this pretence that he became notorious throughout the Highlands for the implacable and uncompromising manner in which he pursued it at grounds the length and breadth of the Highlands but especially Kingsmills Park (and Borough Briggs).

Also, and this suddenly struck him when he was watching Mr. Benn on the TV one day, IHE realised that he could live out his fanstasies by dressing up in other people's clothes. In particular he discovered that the pain was eased when he put on a Thistle tie (and indeed the variation on the garment concerned to which he refers above is, in practice, a kind of sunconscious "dirty protest" about his earlier rejection.)

But there is a more positive ending to this tragic tale in that IHE also pledged to dedicate the rest of his life to helping other poor people scarred by similar mental afflications, and does so to this day as faithfully as his real persona is a totally dedicated Jeggie.

• 1 month later...