Andy Barrowman

MissICT

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So....what else do we need to bring in? Another striker, a good centre half, and a goalkeeper at least methinks

i'd go with that. although if marius leaves then add another stirker to that list.

hopefully dorrans is still an option though as i reckon he would do well up here

C*unty will be due something in terms of compensation as he's not yet 24 but I can't imagine it will be all that much as he'd only been with them a year and will be 24 in 6 months.  I'd be surprised if it worked out at anything more than ?8-10k.

I think it's even more important now that we sign an experienced and proven SPL scorer to play alongside him or retain the services of Niculae.  Barrowman has an obvious eye for where the net is and he'll need someone like Marius to feed him and draw defenders to give him the space to shine....something we saw Marius do against Killie at the end of last season when they had 2 defenders on him the whole game, he constantly drew them out wide leaving space for others to get in and score....do that for someone with a talent for finding the net and we'll get full benefit from Barrowman......stick him (Barrowman) alongside someone like Bayne or Rory and we'll get little from him IMO.

Cant say av ever seen Dorrans in person, but seems to have plenty people prepared to say good things about him. Would be happy to see him here on a season long loan

a season long loan would benefit both parties if you ask me, Dorrans is highly unlikely to dislodge ishmael miller, roman bednar, luke moore, kevin phillips, or craig beattie for a place in the starting line up so why not get first team football with us......

I think it's even more important now that we sign an experienced and proven SPL scorer to play alongside him or retain the services of Niculae.  Barrowman has an obvious eye for where the net is and he'll need someone like Marius to feed him and draw defenders to give him the space to shine....something we saw Marius do against Killie at the end of last season when they had 2 defenders on him the whole game, he constantly drew them out wide leaving space for others to get in and score....do that for someone with a talent for finding the net and we'll get full benefit from Barrowman......stick him (Barrowman) alongside someone like Bayne or Rory and we'll get little from him IMO.

hopefully we keep Marius but if not how easy is it gonna be to get a proven SPL goalscorer? not very if you ask me, after all there are 11 other teams looking for the same thing!

completely agree with the point about Barrowman needing someone like Marius to play beside to leave space and feed off.

hopefully we keep Marius but if not how easy is it gonna be to get a proven SPL goalscorer?

I haven't got a clue....maybe you should ask all those fans that are so keen to see us cash in on him?

Some even think that whatever fee we might command for Marius will be enough to bring in 3 or 4 quality players  :015:

is it just me or is everyone getting a bit too hung up on how barrowman can be a saviour for us next season? I have seen him a couple of times and i honestly think that although he is a superb finsher against division 2 goalkeepers, if we really on him for goals , in realistically what is his first season in the premier league( kilmarnock cant really count for him) we will be in trouble. Nicuale must be kept, i understand people saying we should cash in on him but we will never be able to replace his skill and class upfront and more importantly he would be a superb mentor for barrowman with all his experience. As for signing a good proven goalscorer in the premier league, it doubt it will happen, why would anyone want to move north and receive low wages, st mirren have a better chance of getting players than us which is saying something. I reckon brewster will keep bayne and and try let the three young strikers of wood, mcallister and barrowman fight it out to make the break through.

no i dont want to rain on peoples parades but was reading the little bit about the transfer in todays sun

im a little concerned that the move clincher was brewsters total faith in his ability. not wanting to shoot the boy down but does this mean that brew is going to percevere with an under performing striker to stand by what he said???

n.b i hope he doesnt underperform and he scores shedloads of goals for us bu itsw just a little niggiling thought at the back of my head

Last Seasons strikers:

Wyness, McCallister, Niculae, Paatelainen, McDonald, Imrie, Bayne... we badly needed a goal scorer IMO

This season:

McCallister, Wood, Paatelainen, Imrie, Barrowman and we are likely to sell McDonald, Bayne & Niculae

we now have a goal scorer, I think Rory can do Bayne's job so it's whether we can find someone that can play with their back to goal like Niculae & Wyness

I'd expect 2 more signings upfront but I'm excited to see some of our youngsters get a chance

we are almost guarenteed ?500k (although I expect more) for Niculae, which is a huge amount of money so whether that goes towards the contract of a player or the signing fee or both I have confidence we can attract someone to the club

Niculae has stated he is likely to leave, so have the club, unless we can extend his contract the club would be foolish not to sell him

as someone said previously, dont pin your seasons hopes on andy next season

I honestly think he will struggle next year (he'l obviously get off to a blinding pre-season, scoring at least a hat-trick against us :015:). A good stat to some up Barrowman's level is that, he scored more goals in our pre-season last year, than he did in his whole previous career. One fan commented that if Barrowman wasnt there for the goals he scored last year someone else would of, but point being he was there and did score 24 in the league, and those goals did get us promoted. So im not complaining.

However there were many games where you felt Barrowman to polietly put it 'could not be arsed' and seemed to do nothing. In saying that a chance would come and he'd usually take it. One game that sticks out is when we were away to Berwick towards the end of the season and he didnt even try and scored a double missed a penalty and scored a dubious offside goal.

I always felt he is quite deceptive pace wise and actually has a bit, when the effort is put in.

There is as you all know a **** of a difference between the 2nd division and SPL, he was playing against part timers and for a lad who has had experience with clubs such as Birmingham, Crewe, Mansfield etc and  players such as Dean Ashton it was a breeze for him

We played St Johnstone in the challenge cup and i felt that game he was useless, just marked out the game all together and this will probably happen to him in the SPL, where he will become just a below par player.

Anyway good luck to the boy and hope he does not too bad for you, or too well either  :blah01:

Look forward to the 15th

ps Richie Hart, good signing for us ?

Very good. There are few center mids who always look to move the ball forward. Also, on his day he has a fantastic shot and cross, which occurs about once a month.

Guest birdog

He has some unnatural pace at times and is excellent down the line but a pain in the erse when he needs to powder his nose.

What puzzles me is, it seems to be common knowledge that Barrowman's a bit lazy, a poor man's Kris Boyd.

By the same token Brew's a poor man's Wattie Smith and doesn't want any flair in the team, just grafters, and he's done his best to remove any flair from the team and rely on the long punt.

So why is he signing Barrowman if he's not a big strong player who'll work his bollox off?

What puzzles me is, it seems to be common knowledge that Barrowman's a bit lazy, a poor man's Kris Boyd.

By the same token Brew's a poor man's Wattie Smith and doesn't want any flair in the team, just grafters, and he's done his best to remove any flair from the team and rely on the long punt.

So why is he signing Barrowman if he's not a big strong player who'll work his bollox off?

Wasn't Imrie also considered a lazy flair player in January? He certainly proved people wrong, and if he continues stepping up his fitness will be a fantastic signing.

Even Barrowman himself has said he's going to bust a gut to do well at ICT. If a player can stick the ball in the net more times than not and is a bit lazy, then it's a good thing we have a manager that has brought in an approach that demands fitness and effort.

I say well done Brew for a signing that could prove to be an excellent piece of business. The same people that are moaning about Barrowman before he's even kicked a ball, would be the same people moaning that we haven't signed any new players if he hadn't signed him. Canna win  :blah01:

I'd have to disagree with the 'common knowledge'. I don't think thats its just wants Brewster wanrts at all. He's has managerd to reduce the average age of the team since he came back and his signings of Imrie and Barrowman suggest we may see a more adventerous (sp.?) side next season. I think Brewster has had a fair bit of undeserved abuse (and a lot of deserved abuse - including lots from me) in terms of our performances. The Paterson/Robertson teams are ageing and its inevitable that it was to be broken up, Brewster has had this job and we have to give him unitl Christmas to sort it. I'm actually excited at the prospect of next season looking at the average age of our team (26 by the way) despite the doom and gloom around.

PS. We scored 50 league goals last season where as our other SPL seasons have been 41, 42 and 51 so it looks like we are trying to attack.

I have only seen him once for County against RRFC and was aware he was an ICT target so kept a close eye on his performance.

I agree he is a Kris Boyd style striker.  Likes the hang around the box, very little chasing/ harrying defenders but knows where the goal is.  I imagine he will be easy meat for experienced SPL defenders in many games if he doesnt recieve any service which seemed to happen a lot last season with ICT.

In terms of a partnership up front, i think we would benefit from a pacy, on the last defender, run inbehind style (similar to Dargo) striker to partner marius if he stays.

A bit off topic but talking about signings my main concern is a commanding centre half to fill the gaping 'machine' shaped hole.  Theres my tuppenceworth, observe and consume.

I say well done Brew for a signing that could prove to be an excellent piece of business. The same people that are moaning about Barrowman before he's even kicked a ball, would be the same people moaning that we haven't signed any new players if he hadn't signed him. Canna win  :blah01:

Maybe you should have read my post before replying to it  :blah01:

I'm not moaning about Barrowman. I'm sure he'll do a fine job in a different team that actually makes chances. I just said I was puzzled and trying to work out what Brewster was up to.

If I'm moaning about anything it's Brewster, and I think I've had plenty of time to see what he can/cannot do.

Mantis,

I have a question for you, if you had the vast resources that CB had (i.e 1k a week) what SUPERSTARS would you sign ?

and before you reply think about some of the signings he has made during his short managerial life before you criticise YOUR manager !!

ICT part 1 Dargo (did a great stint)

DUFC part 1 Hunt ( United now wanting ?1.5m for him )

DUFC  Kalvenes  ( Burnley about to pay a wad )

DUFC  Conway (spotted v ICT) probably will go for ?1m plus,  the best two footed player to play on the wing for United since the brilliant Eamonn Bannon

ICT part 2 Imrie ( another potential great find )

Do YOU think he has a good eye for a player and also know whats required in a player to make it. I know he does and I think as a SENOIR moderator you should get behind your manager BIG TIME !!!!!