Barry Wilson Testimonial - UPDATE

Scotty

I know we have a multi-page thread discussing Barry's testimonial but this is going in as a separate thread at the request of the club and the testimonial committee as they want as many of the "priority" groups to be able to get tickets before the deadline.

A press release was issued today

MAKE A BRIEF STOP FOR YOUR BRIEFS

Tickets for Barry Wilson's Testimonial match against a Liverpool XI on August 18th went on sale yesterday to priority categories (season ticket holders, shareholders and members of the Supporters' Trust, the Supporters' Club and the Centenary Club) and sold extremely rapidly all day.

Barry's Testimonial Committee are particularly concerned that people in these categories do not lose out on this opportunity  to purchase  tickets and are now urging them to claim their tickets as soon as possible.

"People in priority categories are entitled to tickets over and above for their own use and during the day their has been a large uptake for extra tickets," said Testimonial Committee member Les Kidger. "I'm most definitely not being complacent and saying that this game is going to sell out, but if season ticket holders and priority groups, are looking for extra tickets we are definitely suggesting that they get down to the Caledonian Stadium or call the ticket office, as soon as possible to purchase them, especially if they want a number of seats together."

Single tickets for season ticket holders are guaranteed until close of business on Saturday and all remaining tickets will then go on sale to the general public on Monday 19th.

The match organisers have been overwhelmed by interest in the fixture ever since it was launched last Wednesday.

"We are especially grateful to the staff at the Stadium who have been been of huge assistance to us in connection with this game which is clearly going to be a major occasion for football in Inverness ," said Les.

Tickets are priced at ?15, ?7 for children and ?40 for a group of two adults and two children.

7:45pm it says on the ticket  :003:

Really? Had a quick look on the ICT Official site - nothing.

No mention of a KO time in any of the "releases" on here.

Admittedly I have just double checked and noted it is on a Monday but I doubt there is any way I can get through from Aberdeen for this one which is a shame as I would liked to have seen Barrys send off.

post-19-1210692157_thumb.png

ICT Site.PNG_thumb

I don't think it's being billed as a 'send off' RIG.  Barry is certainly hoping that he is still an ICT player next season. 

True and hopefully it is the case. Bad choice of words there then. Basically I would like to have been part of Barrys Big Game (how tripe does that sound?) but sadly it will now be unlikely.

I reckon he will be crying himself to sleep at that news!

True and hopefully it is the case. Bad choice of words there then. Basically I would like to have been part of Barrys Big Game (how tripe does that sound?) but sadly it will now be unlikely.

I reckon he will be crying himself to sleep at that news!

It's about time RiG became WiG anyway...this could be your own personal testimonial.  :021:

It's about time RiG became WiG anyway...this could be your own personal testimonial.  :021:

Might get a bit confusing  :sillywave: then again i probably wont need this username at the end of the season if Brewster has anything to do with it  :019:  :015:

:018: me for going off-topic anyhow.

can you e-mail the club to buy them? as i cant get down to the stadium for weeks to get one

Im pretty sure it said somewhere about phoning the ticket office as an option to order tickets.

7:45pm it says on the ticket  :003:

Really? Had a quick look on the ICT Official site - nothing.

No mention of a KO time in any of the "releases" on here.

The man himself has the answer ......

[attach=1]

picture courtesy of and copyrighted to Trevor Martin Photography

post-2-1210724830_thumb.jpg

BARRY_WILSON_TESTIMONIAL.jpg_thumb

Get your tickets sooner rather than later.  I believe that season ticket holders are nearly all buying up extra tickets and interest is great from those who can't buy tickets till Monday.  So, if you are eligible, try getting them before Saturday when the ticket office are anticipating a busy time in the run up to the St Mirren match.

Will the East stand (you know where I mean) be available to our supporters or is it all reserved for Liddypool fans?

will there be any away fans??

There will be some - a few from up here and I know of some lads coming up from merseyside.

No, it won't sell out before Monday and in fact you should get a better choice of seats as any season ticket holder seats not bought by close of business tomorrow will be released for general sale on Monday.  Did you manage to get yours through the priority allocation?

Uncle Scarlet will be there.

Another cryptic  growl from the Wild West.

My spirit contacts in the afterlife are working on it and I am about to have my annual assessment from IHE and his seer buddies.  :022: Looking good though.

Had to drive a hard bargain to get even a sniff of a ticket--but every spy has underground contacts....... :driving01: :cdn:

Heh Scotty--a wee bit off topic but did you hear that Vancouver have applied to join the MLS in 3 years.

Cost about 40 million dollars I believe for a franchise.

By then the new stadium down by the Harbour will be ready. I won't be going-- far too far. Why they do not build it in the outskirts instead of downtown I cannot understand. Parkling is easier, access is easier and the local shops need the business.

Progress I suppose +  vested interests.        :lol05: