Attention Canada Bob--JJB

Hello Rod,

JJB hey, {don't mention the name to me}, hard to believe how far that name has come, it started off with JJ Broughton a retired Rugby player then later, oddly enough sold on to JJ Bradock who in turn later sold it {incredibly enough} to JJ Bradburn, how ODD is that, for the shop to go from one JJ to another, I don't even know any JJ's must be hellish odds for that to have happened, strangle place this Universe aint it... What's the odds on a triple JJ ? I'd have to say there's less than one JJ per 1,000 blokes, so 1,000 x 1,000 {that's already a Million} x 1,000 brings it to a Billion to 1 !!! you'd have been well in with the first 2 legs of that in wunt you ! and to add to the peculiarity Dave Whelan {an egotist if ever there was one, and it takes one to know one} carried the name into the 21st Century, {rather than use his own}, very odd that is.

Anyway, the first I remember of JJB's was buying a Diana .177 slug gun from there {for 30/-} in the late 50's, it took me 12 weeks of delivering papers {for half a crown a week} to buy the gun, it was a pistol, I'd have liked a rifle, but me mother dint know what I was up to, and wunt have let me have an air gun {at 11 year old} so me dad said best to get a gun that I/we could hide from her...

Dint help buying a pistol, me mother knew within the hour, it was one of them where you had to press the barrel on a cobble stone to tension the spring, I managed to do that alright, but the first "shot" I had from it went clean through me shoe and into me foot, me dad was horrified, not at the injury, but at the thought of having to explain it to me mother... I remember passing out at the sight of the blood coming from me shoe, next thing I know me dad is running with me in his arms {no cars in them days} to Wigin Infirmary, less than a mile away. I finished up with 2 stitches in me foot,  since then I've never fired a shot in anger or anything else, worst part was, me mother took the pistol back to JJB's and that was the last I saw of it, and the 30 bob come to think of it, got me a week off school though, as I c*nt wear me shoes, that dint help in the scheme of things either, lost the paper round 'cause I c*nt walk, and if that wasn't bad enough, {I don't know if it was the lead from the pellet, well, that's my excuse} but 2 weeks later I failed me 11 plus, often wonder how these events changed the course of my life, if I'd passed me 11 plus I might have finished up working in a Bank or something, grin...

Strangely enough, the next time I set foot in JJB's was 20 years later, by this time Whelan {who used to work Wigin Market, and I knew him from that, decent bloke, in them days}, well he had just bought JJB's and from that they became the first shop in the world to sell me golf practice net, I remeber getting paid part money, part fireworks one time, and staggering onto the Wigin bus with 5ft tall "exhibition" rockets, if it wernt for the driver knowing me they'd never have let me on with them, grin...

Anyway, digressing a bit, if not a lot, have a look at this link, I've no idea who the bloke is, but it seems that "After Inked" the derivative of me shaving cream is catching on in some weird and wonderful places, folks are even wearing T shirts with it on now, what next...

I hear that Linard Skinard {whoever he is} is also "up to his neck in After Inked" odd old world aint it...

Canada Bob.