Callum Elliott

So would he be our first gay player? *

* Not that there would be anything wrong with that, and not that I'm saying he is gay, just asking the question. Any resemblence to any person living or dead is purely coincidental etc etc

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not? We've always been a pioneering club, even though some people think we're stuck with a Highland League mentality...

That's not to say straight men can't lay it down, however - remember seeing Roscoe cut a mean slosh on the floor at Gs a few years ago with a bird on each arm.

Elliot is as popular with Hearts fans as Rory M is with ours. The words shouldn't touch with a barge pole spring to mind. As a possible replacement for Bayne, well, maybe he (might) cut the mustard but if Niculae goes we are feckin struggling  :008:

I don't quite see how Marius' career will be enhanced by playing for  Hearts--if he doesn't go insane,  his head will certainly be spinning within a year (after several more Manager changes maybe) and the nervous tension and turmoil will persuade him to go as quickly as possible.

The problem with such a move for Marius is , however, will be he in a position to play well amidst the mayhem? When it is help, murder, polis all the time the atmosphere is terrible.

And if he goes to Hearts in exchange for a much younger player then that new incomer  better be very enthusiastic and also very pleased to come North otherwise I feel strongly that the youn up-and-coming lads here at ICT should be given their chance before anyone who may not be fully commi :crazy07:tted to Caleyt Thistle.

As far as the "gay"comment is concerned  :018:--basically what he does on the field is all that matters. --I mean , look at Hart playing a great game against County and he could easily have been in the ICT team with a little bit of common sense thrown into the mix. I have always liked Hart's bustling, energetic style and his transfer to County  Wwas a real LOSS in my humble opinion.

I don't care if he is gay, fey, or a bird of prey --but if he is a "gay blade" that's O.K.  :crazy07:

I like I suspect most fans hoped the Elliott saga was over with him going to MK Dons.

However, Hearts fans tell me, we are still very much in the running for Elliott as he dosen't want to go south.

MFR said tonight at the end of the Marius story, that we were still waiting to here back from Hearts re Elliott.

Graham

What is the matter with Elliot?

He does not want to go West to Motherwell, he does not want to go South. There is nothing but Hearts to the East and he does not want to play at Gorgie so is there a breathtaking chance that he might actually want to come to the most desirable palace in the U.K.  North to Inverness?

Better open up your cheque book Management because that may be your only way of interesting him if you are that desperate and that comes as a very high risk. NOt good looking so why not just concentrate on someone who actually wants to play football, no matter where? I. E a truer professional.

Does he think he is mighty when it seems he is merely flighty?

If Brew thinks B. Fetai was marvellous in Holland then why did he not produce the warm and fuzzy stuff  in spades at Tulloch when he was on loan from Rangers?--because his big head got in the way I suppose.And it will always be the case. Big heads get in the way of enthusiam, humility and ...... PRODUCING THE GOODS. :012:

I think even if he forced himself north, I wouldn't trust him not to want to go back down again as soon as he could. What's wrong with Scottish footballers that they can't live more than 10 miles away from where they were conceived? Doesn't he think that, huge talent as he is, that bigger English clubs might see him at MK Dons? Or is he just scared that people will find out he is a small fish after all.

• 3 weeks later...

somehow missed this up until now, it would seem Livi have enquired as to the availability of Elliot on loan, would probably suit Elliot more in a geogrpahical sense to move to Livi.

story here

on last nights showing however i have a little more confidence that Mcallister and Wood are capable of doing a job for us so not as worried about being light on options up front.

powerful message to Bannerman and Rooney last night that he's not too fussed about reputations.

How did he do that?!

Everyone is going on about how great a performance it was last night, okay it was a good performance, but still, they can't do it against Hamilton! Stop getting so excited about last night! If we had played at least half decent V Hamilton then ok.

The good thing from last night, is a bit more match practice for the lads.

My point is not that this was some mega match but that last night gave players not in the losing team on Saturday a chance to show a bit of class. Friendlies are easier to produce better performances but last night our young lads did play very well against Liverpool's young lads. Providing we get the blend right we really want to see performance rewarded and not reputation. Ike did not look too chuffed with Esson's show so knows he has to work that bit harded. Bannerman and Rooney have a slight start on Woody and Rory but if these guys get a chance and take it the other guys would have to work to get out of the comfort zone. Another performance like Hamilton will necessitate changes and there are some hungry players at the club I hope.

powerful message to Bannerman and Rooney last night that he's not too fussed about reputations.

How did he do that?!

Everyone is going on about how great a performance it was last night, okay it was a good performance, but still, they can't do it against Hamilton! Stop getting so excited about last night! If we had played at least half decent V Hamilton then ok.

The good thing from last night, is a bit more match practice for the lads.

Wood never played against Hamilton :rotflmao:

I was more taken by Ryan Esson and Lionel Djebi-Zadi on Monday.

Hastings and Fraser never really had anything to play for last year with Mikeys competition being a desprate reject and Hastings been McBain.

Would like to see at least Zadi play against Hibs.

Woody did look pritty good though the other night. Although Rory was impressive at times too, may finally becoming more of a player.

Edited by ajsict92

I think it'd be the latter, since they have their new Italian moneybags owners. Caaaallllum would be pushing for the move there as well I think, so he doesn't have to relocate.

• 4 months later...