Brewster in Salzburg

alimci

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try crap supporters especially on this forum? Constantly whingeing, never happy, always looking for something to moan about and the higher the team moves up the Scottish leagues the worse some of them have got. And dont think the players dont notice it.

Get a life or if your not happy with the one you have dont take it out on ICT and the manager!

It's seems quite clear to me that our manager will be judged entirely on the coming season and I inlcude myself in the judging panel. I am aware of stating the obvious but he has a season to convince everyone he is the man for the job, or not.

Let's just wait and see what he can come up with and get behind him and our team.

The people that really annoy me are the ones who constantly harp on that fans should realise we've found our level and be grateful for what we have.  It's exactly that kind of mentality among those running the club which has caused ICT to falter...both on and off the field.

We may never be a Rangers or a Celtic and constantly appearing in the top 3 or 4, but with the small team mentality of some we'll be lucky if we ever make the top half of the league.

Fear is rampant right throughout ICT at the moment...among everyone from the fans to the Board of Directors.  You can see it when the fans talk about "11th being good enough", you can see it in the team when they lose faith in the ability to play football and resort to hoofing it up the park, you can see it in the manager when he employs negative tactics or is scared to make a game changing substitute, you can see it with our Board of Directors who haven't offered the best ever player to play at ICT a new contract....either through fear of refusal, or fear that he might just accept it and they are scared nobody will be interested in coming in for him in 12 months time.  It's fear that drives them to set targets for possible signings and then keep on extending them when they aren't met because they are scared they won't find someone else.

You can call me and others moaners if you like, but I prefer to think of it more as a desire to see ICT doing the very best they can with the resources they have...something which isn't happening at the moment.

The people that really annoy me are the ones who constantly harp on that fans should realise we've found our level and be grateful for what we have.  It's exactly that kind of mentality among those running the club which has caused ICT to falter...both on and off the field.

We may never be a Rangers or a Celtic and constantly appearing in the top 3 or 4, but with the small team mentality of some we'll be lucky if we ever make the top half of the league.

Fear is rampant right throughout ICT at the moment...among everyone from the fans to the Board of Directors.  You can see it when the fans talk about "11th being good enough", you can see it in the team when they lose faith in the ability to play football and resort to hoofing it up the park, you can see it in the manager when he employs negative tactics or is scared to make a game changing substitute, you can see it with our Board of Directors who haven't offered the best ever player to play at ICT a new contract....either through fear of refusal, or fear that he might just accept it and they are scared nobody will be interested in coming in for him in 12 months time.  It's fear that drives them to set targets for possible signings and then keep on extending them when they aren't met because they are scared they won't find someone else.

You can call me and others moaners if you like, but I prefer to think of it more as a desire to see ICT doing the very best they can with the resources they have...something which isn't happening at the moment.

:clapping03:  Nail hit on head. 

Why are we persisting with Brewster, Fraser and Bennett? This man should be manager AND chairman AND director of football AND groundsman AND in charge of the shop AND receptionist AND all the players. :004:

At the end of the day, Brewster is the manager, regardless of whether some of us like that or not and no amount of moaning or groaning is going to change that in the short term. He may not be the best coach in the land but equally, a lot of what went on last season off the pitch was not in his control.

I went from 100% anti-Brewster to "undecided" based on the differences between what I read on here over the last year and what I saw with my own eyes (and heard) when I was in Inverness in April. For me it was all about points of view. I heard some alternative viewpoints of certain stories that had perhaps clouded my judgement and those came not from anyone at the club but some well connected people who I trust.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion about Brew, and I am not going to tell anyone they are wrong as its their opinion and they are entitled to it. However, when one side of a story comes out, I would suggest to some that they seek out the other side of it to get a better perspective. That is something I lost sight of and something that moderated my viewpoint when it came back into focus.

I want Brewster to succeed because that means ICT will succeed. I also want our board and our DoF to succeed because that also means ICT succeed. And I want them all to succeed at the same time as that keeps everything running smoothly which did not happen last season. However, when I think they are getting things wrong, or when I think political decisions are being allowed to affect the footballing side of the club I will criticise and criticise loudly as I have cared passionately about this club since the day it was formed and will continue to do so long after some fans and officials/employees have stopped doing so.

I agree with a lot of what CaleyD is saying .... ICT seem to be at a crossroads at the moment and if we are honest, club and fans alike are torn between what the next step should be.

Part of me would like to see us ask Marius to extend his contract and use his reputation to attract more players of his calibre to the club. We should also not forget our other international player and make the point to potential signings that we do actually have two current international players. If we could do this succesfully (attracting players i mean) then the end result may be that we are top six material on a regular basis which in itself will make us more attractive to potential signings. However, the practical side tells me that to do this we need more money coming in on a regular basis so that we can compete in terms of wages and that means more bums on seats and more innovative marketing/merchandising ideas or we will just fall into a financial trap that others have.

The less risky option to take would be to cash in on Marius and use a sizeable chunk of that money to improve the squad more modestly but that too brings its own risks. It may not be as risky financially but as we have seen in the past, it perpetuates the "wee team from the North" mentality and makes it harder and harder to attract players. We are not a glamorous club, and in comparison to most we pay low wages (but decent bonuses i believe), however most fans of other teams (even on P&B) have previously regarded us as somewhat of a model of how a smaller club should be run because we have taken this prudent approach.

Personally, I am one of those who is torn ... I want to see us up there with the big boys, I want us to have players at major championships, I want people at TFC games to know who ICT are when I mention the name or wear my ICT baseball cap or strip to a game, I want us to progress ... but at the same time I do not want us to ever get into the financial mire we were in when David Sutherland became chairman for the first time and sorted it out. This is the sort of balancing act that our boardroom has to work on and we should not be letting the scales tip too far in either direction. I actually have confidence that they can do this if they can keep personal politics out of it.

I do not like what seems like a near constant mentality that we are the wee team, that we are doing well for a club of our size or that we cant compete with the other sides outside the Old Firm. We have progressed exponentially over the last 15 years and this is due in no small part to the hard work of those we now criticise but I feel that at least part of that criticism is merited.

We should not be letting any player dictate terms to us it makes us look amateur (and it is not the first time we have done this), we should not be letting boardroom squabbles manifest themselves on the pitch, we should make our commercial operation look more professional (portakabin!!) and one of the biggies for me is that we should not be continuing to have zero PR presence or capability surrounding the club.

The club should have been talking up Niculae for these championships, it should have been the club taking the initiative that we did on here in dedicating the site to him/Romania for these championships, it should have been the club setting up a nice little PR exercise in doing the email thing, it should have been the club using his selection (and Richard's against Brazil) weeks ago - at the start of the transfer window - to position themselves as a good club and a club where players can come and succeed, **** they could even have used his own words to do this when he said something along the lines of "coming to Inverness resurrected my career". The club do actually do things right but that always seems to be lost in a sea of blunders because they dont seem to know how to publicise (note: not spin) the good things that exist at the TCS

I am going to end this here as it is starting to feel like it needs to have a cover and chapter titles. I could go on for a lot longer about what I see as both good things and bad things at the club because despite the distance I am as passionate about this club as I was in 1994 ... and that is what I want people at the club to be too !

Guest birdog

Scotty, CaleyD nice posts but a little fecking heck of a long winded, you could have said the same in one sentence as maybe Mainstander will be able to take it in.

B-ROOSTER WILL GET MY SUPPORT WHEN AND IF HE EARNS IT.

Mainstander, I have been a critical as anyone on these forums of Brewstard but I have also given my support to him. When we went on that run in November/December I posted on here that I was wrong and my mind was changing about his appointment but then he came back to form and when the other SPL manager countered his new tactics he never rethought a thing and gave us our worst run of matches that I can ever remember. This lost him my support and he must now earn it back.

I could have just said "I am unimpressed with how things were being run just now"....but that doesn't help people to understand the reasoning behind it.  I'm still waiting for one of those who think everything is rosy to expand a little more on why they think this is the case and why they believe it's a good idea to wait until things hit rock bottom before people are entitled to voice their observations and concerns.

Guest birdog

I could have just said "I am unimpressed with how things were being run just now"....but that doesn't help people to understand the reasoning behind it.  I'm still waiting for one of those who think everything is rosy to expand a little more on why they think this is the case and why they believe it's a good idea to wait until things hit rock bottom before people are entitled to voice their observations and concerns.

Totally agree CD but it's been done to death, we are banging our heads against brick walls. There are two camps in the argument and it seems that never the twain shall meet. There are those of us who want our meteoric rise to continue and there are those who are happy that we are playing in the SPL and as long as we stay there do not want to rock the boat. I feel we have consolidated our position now and it's time to gamble and push for the next objective.

Just a thought but to stop clogging up the boards with the B-rooster Brewstard arguments perhaps two stickies are required, one for those who wish to blow sunshine up his erse and another for us realists then all the posts which manage to take threads of topic can be thrown into the relevent sticky.

Yes you did read that correctly even I am bored with the B-Rooster situation I resign myself to the fact that there is nothing a mere supporter like myself can do to change the situation all I can hope for now is that he starts to get it together and build us a team to be proud of or that the board see the error of their ways and get rid before he does too much damage.

Totally agree CD but it's been done to death, we are banging our heads against brick walls. There are two camps in the argument and it seems that never the twain shall meet. There are those of us who want our meteoric rise to continue and there are those who are happy that we are playing in the SPL and as long as we stay there do not want to rock the boat. I feel we have consolidated our position now and it's time to gamble and push for the next objective.

Just a thought but to stop clogging up the boards with the B-rooster Brewstard arguments perhaps two stickies are required, one for those who wish to blow sunshine up his erse and another for us realists then all the posts which manage to take threads of topic can be thrown into the relevent sticky.

Yes you did read that correctly even I am bored with the B-Rooster situation I resign myself to the fact that there is nothing a mere supporter like myself can do to change the situation all I can hope for now is that he starts to get it together and build us a team to be proud of or that the board see the error of their ways and get rid before he does too much damage.

The board require a boot up the backside though.  They have contributed what they can, but now the club is being strangled by lack of ambition and desire to see a huge windfall for their investments.  :33:

I went from 100% anti-Brewster to "undecided" based on the differences between what I read on here over the last year and what I saw with my own eyes (and heard) when I was in Inverness in April. For me it was all about points of view. I heard some alternative viewpoints of certain stories that had perhaps clouded my judgement and those came not from anyone at the club but some well connected people who I trust.

Scotty, I totally agree with your sentiments, but wonder if your viewpoint would have changed had you gone to a couple of away games instead. We have been simply dreadful. Why the team should perform so differently away from home when we used to have such a good away record in the SPL is completely beyond me though.

It is indeed possible alimci

I saw a decent performance when I visited in April (the Kilmarnock game) and my biggest memory (other than the goals) was how Brewster basically cajoled and encouraged Imrie through it. He seemed to be telling him what he wanted him to do and where he needed to be positioned etc and the player was listening. That of course was also the day Imrie broke his duck. I left the game feeling a little more impressed with how Brewster was quite obviously showing some leadership/mentorship to the player and how the team had played. It doesnt make him a great manager but maybe it is a sign that he does have some potential if we stick with him ......

I also spoke with a number of friends, some who come on here, some who do not, and as you do, you dissect all that is good and bad with the club's performances or the rumours that float around. I heard a few little factoids those days that made me take a step back and hopefully see the wider picture.

If we had been hammered or as you say if it had been one of the insipid away performances then I may have had a different viewpoint altogether or may have softened my stance a little less !

The away form kind of puts me in mind of Toronto FC this season ...... undefeated at BMO Field (P7, W5, L0, D2, F10, A2) and playing some great football but just cant do it away from home (P5, W1, L4, D0, F7, A14) where the performances have been - at times - atrocious.