Do you like the new Home Strip ?  

273 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes - love it
    • Yes - its OK
    • Neutral
    • No - its a little naff
    • No - pass me the barf bag !

Which primary school won the design award? It looks like something a struggling amateur league team would buy from JJB (Sale section).

4 definite thumbs down in this house means ?140 lost revenue to the club straight away.

How we can go from a recognisable and individual strip to this crap is beyond belief.

Smith OUT!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think Errea have a great choice of designs so it's maybe a case of being the best of the rest.  You don't get to completely design your own strip you only get to add your colours to one of their designs.

I'm not overly excited about it, but I'm sure we'll all get used to it. 

I think the football club get a good deal from Errea but if we have signed up for another 3 years, I hope that we have had a really good look at what's out there.  I'm sure there must be something better but I don't know enough about it.

IMHO anything would be better than Errea - with the notable exception of that Hull City one.

Errea designs are pretty much of a muchness with other strip manufacturers but the simple fact is that quality and sizing are abysmal. and lets not even go there with lead times and deliveries that the club have had problems with for years.

I have numerous Errea produced ICT tops and although the labels all say they are the same size, every one of them is different ! With Errea, I need every inch in the 4XL top because of the "italian design" yet my Toronto FC top - supplied by Adidas - is only 2XL and fits wonderfully, feels like a quality piece of kit and has lots of room to spare .....

This is one of the things that makes me shake my head about the club .... I just hope that if we have indeed signed a new 3 year deal with them that

a) Delivery lead times have been resolved

b) Quality and sizing issues have been addressed

c) Designs are carefully chosen (not this year obviously !!!)

Going back to the whole positive PR mentioned in another thread .... how difficult would it be if the club were given 4 or 5 mock-ups to choose from that they fired them up on their website and invited comments from fans or a vote to decide the new strips ... Its so simple to do yet fans would not only feel that the club wants their input, but the club would also stand a chance of picking the design the fans liked most (and would therefore buy more). Initial comments about this design seem fairly negative !

I remember sending the club a few of my own designs when I was at school (scotty and Gringo can clarify) and one fo the designs was used (or at least the kit was extremely similar to one which I sent forth.) That was a stripes design.

Perhaps I should get back to the drawing board and continue to do this for the club, as clearly they have been rather amature in this design.

Having said that, had the 'swoosh' gone from the bottom left of the shirt rather than the arm pit, it would look far better.

I remember sending the club a few of my own designs when I was at school (scotty and Gringo can clarify) and one fo the designs was used (or at least the kit was extremely similar to one which I sent forth.) That was a stripes design.

yes, i do remember that. The new strip was almost identical to a drawing you did but that fact was never acknowledged !

in all honesty i'll buy one regardless

Thats the problem. I really don't like it at all, but its not really going to stop me buying one  :008:  :015:

I think a lot of people will fall into that category. The more I look at the photos, the more I think "I dont really like it ... but it IS an ICT shirt so I should !!!" and when I next visit I will probably also make the trek to the Club Hut to buy one.

OK, in the spirit of removing some of the negativity from this thread (my own included) ..... lets just be thankful we didnt end up with these designs from the Errea catalogue .......

AXEL !!!

[attach=1]

PARMA !!!!

[attach=2]

post-2-1213732234.jpg

post-4-1213732234.jpg

Having said that, had the 'swoosh' gone from the bottom left of the shirt rather than the arm pit, it would look far better.

Don't you think the swoosh makes it look a bit like an air hostess scarf?! 

I don't actually mind that AXEL top design.

What I hate most about the new top, is the fact it has no collar? that's what makes it look amature.. maybe a black collar would have made it look slightly better, but Nope.. no chance of buying it.

dont like it.

Home strip should be red/blue vertical stripes. we can vary the width of stripes or give more prominence to one of the two main colours in different years but I personally think it should be stripes all the time.

Away strip can be anything we like but I have liked both the black/red we have now and the white/blue we had before that.

EDIT: Poll Added !

Agree absolutely, Scotty. The vertical stripes, as well as being a fairer representation of our parent clubs, make us immediately distinctive - there isn't another senior club in the Scottish game with vertical red and blue stripes, is there? Also, having to live in Glasgow, I object to anything that makes me look from a distance as if I could be a Rangers supporter.

Guest TinCanFan

Nice to see ICT forgeting their roots once again with this predominantly blue strip.  I would say now, that that is not just the worst shirt ICT have ever had, but the worst shirt I've ever seen.  The stripes were great.  Gave ICT a bit of identity, from the other bland shirts of the SPL but now ICT has the blandest fo them all.  It's even worse than the orange away strip from the late 90s.  Whats happening at ICT?  It's going to the dogs, that's what.

Funnily enough, I had a dream a few weeks ago about the new shirt.  Horizontal stripes it was too.  Not bad me thinks.   This is the shirt of nightmares.  :020:

in all honesty i'll buy one regardless

Thats the problem. I really don't like it at all, but its not really going to stop me buying one  :008: :015:

If it's that bad, don't buy it.  Don't make you any less of a fan.  I only own one ICT shirt (the black one).  If you don't like, tell the club, and boycott it.

Guest Mahonio

Firstly i actually like the strip and will be buying it.

Secondly, Why is this thread called "new strips" because i thought it was only the home strip being renewed (correct me if wrong) because our away strip can't be hat long out?

Finally, Why the ****  is there a lot of criticism of the strip, have i missed something here!!?

• Scotty locked this topic