No Broadband Without Wires

RiG

RiG...out of interest.....any chance you could check your speeds at peak times (6pm-11pm) for me....to see if my theory about drop in speed for non BT customers is correct. Prob best time to try would be about 8-9pm.

Will give it a bash.

My rubbish Pipex speeds were consistant throughout the day. The high speeds from Sky were consistant all through the weekend according to my flatmate.

So far I would have to say yes. I didn't even set it up. My idiot flat mate did and he is as simple as you come so it must be pretty easy! We have still to go from being wired to wireless so that might be a bit more difficult.

From reviews people say Sky are well priced, fast, reliable but can be let down by the customer support. We haven't had any reason to contact their broadband support (yet) so can't really comment. Plus our line speed hasn't settled yet. We currently hit 6.5Mbps (our old ISP was rubbish and we seldom got above 1Mbps most of the time). Even if it settles around 3 or 4 Mbps then I would be more than happy.

Unless your downlading.....you wont notice faster speeds. Seems like Pipex broadband is to be avoided!!

Pipex used to be okay, Then Tiscali took them over. It was no coincidence that they become dross when that lot got involved.

I'm with Tiscali and it's the only broadband provider I've ever used.

Think it's about 5 years or so since I signed up with them and in all that time I've only had one real problem and that's when they had to take the service offline for work at the exchange and they had screwed up when informing some of the customers...even then it was only about 12 hours without broadband.

Other than that the only time I've ever had need for communication with them was when I was doing things I shouldn't have been doing and I got caught  :023:

I'll confidently recommend Tiscali based on my personal experience, although I know that in some of the larger cities they have a reputation for chronic service.

• 1 month later...

Used the netowrk wirelessly for the first time yesterday on my other halfs iMac notebook. Easy to connect to - you need to pump in an 8 digit code which Sky provide to you with the router (so that goes with whoeber said the router is already encrypted) and the speed was still a very good 5.5Mbps while I still get 6.5Mbps wired :rotflmao:

• 2 weeks later...