Lethem Present

Canada Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Here's what I've been told...

The horse is sound, will love the going, and gets on real well with the jockey, in fact when they team up they've never been beat...

The jockey is a 3lb claimer and this takes Lethems weight down to 10st 3lbs, and in a 3 mile race every pound counts...

To repeat the phone call that I've had, "Lethem is expected to win at a reasonable price, by a comfortable distance"...

But as in owt else, it's "make yer own mind up" horses aren't machines, and owt can go wrong in a race, but I'll be on it {metaphorically speaking},

all 14 st of me, and a fair bit of me wallet too, EW of course, too many runners for straight win bet...

Canada Bob.

Well, I thought it was going to hiss it, lead for over 2 miles then hit a fence and that must have took the stuffing out of it...

It carried on after that, but you could see the difference it made, cost me a monkey that did, ?250 EW at 6/1, sigh...

****, I should have known it, I'm having one of those days ore here...

Canada Bob.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I thought it was going to hiss it, lead for over 2 miles then hit a fence and that must have took the stuffing out of it...

It carried on after that, but you could see the difference it made, cost me a monkey that did, ?250 EW at 6/1, sigh...

****, I should have known it, I'm having one of those days ore here...

Canada Bob.

I didn't get the chance to be on line to give you the nod on it...

It was expected to win, and backed heavily @ 12's to win, and would have done except for hitting one of the fences when in contention about 5 out... that knocked the stuffing out of it, and it lost 15 - 20 lengths, but got back in to the race and finished like a train from the last fence to be beat by 3/4 of a length... I had a monkey win & place on BF, got 3/1 for the place, so won a grand on the race, mind you, except for that blunder Lethem would have hissed it, but 10 lengths at least... and I'd have pocketed 7 grand...

What can you do, horses aren't machines, they're only human afterall...

Canada Bob.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got an email from the Irish Lad, saying that Lethem Present is "confidently expected to win by a comfortable distance, at a reasonable price",in the 4:05 race at Cartmel today {Monday}.

It's the top weight, but the combination of the Trainer {Butt} and the jockey {Lavertry} should ensure that things go down well...

Canada Bob.

JUST got a call from Thirish Lad, he's actually gone to Cartmel, and he phoned me to say...

"Be on it" he says it'll be well backed, and that in the last 30 minutes it's started to hiss down,

the softer it is the better Lethem will like it...

He says the plan is to make the running, and get away from them all, it's a stamina horse and

if it gets away from them they'll never catch it up, not in that going...

Bob.

Pass me the bucket, Lethem was never going well, and finished up Pulled Up...

Damn ! I must be losing me mind as well as me money, I'll stick with Sid's System from now on...

Thirish lad lost a monkey on that, 250 quid EW he had on it... it's a hard game aint it, betting that is...

Canada Bob.

Edited by Canada Bob

FWIW, if yer addicted to the Horses, then have a look at Peper Harow in the 2:10 @ Folkestone this Sunday...

I'm told it will win, but I've been told that before :rotflmao: but I've had me share of winners too...

Horses aren't machines, things do go wrong in the race etc, like the jockeys, they're only human after all...

Canada Bob.