**NOTICE** - Player Released/Available Threads

CaleyD

This is the "Rumour Mill" so could people please only post in here regarding players who have been released/are available IF you have some kind of source which makes you believe they have been connected to ICT.

If they are not rumoured to be connected with ICT then they should be placed in the "NON-ICT" forum as they are simply discussion about non-ICT players.

"Rumour Mill

A place to discuss the latest football rumours doing the rounds (whether they are Caley Thistle related or not) ... most of its pure speculation, but the odd gem might be in here !"

Make yer mind up  :017: :017: 

Tom, it's not a rumour if someone just picks a name out of thin air and speculates that they would do a good job for ICT, that is just the poster expressing their opinion.  The player may eventually be linked through a valid source to ICT, then it does become a rumour, until that player signs, then it becomes fact.

So, as the boss said, no more guesswork unless you have a source please.

Guest birdog

If there is a good reliable source then it is not a rumour otherwise whoever posts the rumour in here first could be considered to be the source or are we members no longer allowed to start rumours in this day and age. You mods and your ideas get more and more detached every day.

RUMOUR-

Noun

1. information, often a mixture of truth and untruth, told by one person to another (certain player is free to join ICT [truth] said player will join ICT [untruth])

2. gossip or common talk

So as TCJ has pointed out, make up yer minds.

Joe Bloggs has been released by Melchester Rovers and I've heard that Brewster is considering making a move. RUMOUR

Joe Bloggs has been released by Melchester Rovers. I think he's be a good player for us. NOT A RUMOUR.

Happy to help  :003:

Guest birdog

**NOTICE**

Discussions about players released from clubs other than ICT should be placed on NON-ICT board unless you attach a rumour to the discussion.

There now that would have been a better way to put it. There is also the question now, do non-ict rumours get placed in the non-ICT section or do we place them in the rumour mill or are we now banned from discussing rumours which relate to other clubs? Please clarify and adjust the message on the front of the rumour mill board if needs be.

If Joe Bloggs is released by Melchester and I state that he would be good for ICT does that not mean that I am starting a rumour that "joe Bloggs would be a great ICT player" my knowledge of what makes a great player is not very good meaning that the information I have given is unsubstantiated making my statement a rumour.

The situation has been clarified and there's no need for anything to be adjusted.

If it's a rumour, it goes in the rumour mill.  If it's not a rumour then it goes elsewhere.

If you have any further questions feel free to take them up with me directly via PM.

lets not split hairs ....

if you say that Joe Bloggs would be a good player for ICT then as far as I am concerned that is not a rumour, it is an opinion and should therefore be in the non-ict board as the player would currently have no connection to ICT. If however there is a rumour already floating round that Joe Bloggs (who might well be a good player for ICT) is interested in coming here or that Craig Brewster is interested in him then it is a rumour and can be posted in here. As and when rumours are confirmed (or debunked) then they can be moved to the relevant board (ICT or non-ICT)

I will discuss the posting of non-ict rumours in this forum privately with CaleyD and the mod team and if necessary change the forum description or clarify the notice above. The description of this board does say "A place to discuss the latest football rumours doing the rounds (whether they are Caley Thistle related or not)" and this may have caused some confusion (to mods and members alike) as to what can be posted in here.

As far as I am concerned, when I created this particular section, I was of the opinion that bonafide rumours about players who might come to or depart from ICT are valid as are rumours about other high profile players in SPL or world football going elsewhere. However what is not valid is discussing opinions as to whether this player or that player would be good for ICT when there is no rumour involved ... that should be in non-ict.

At the end of the day, the posting guidelines are just that ... guidelines !!! and we ask posters to use common sense to try and post things in the relevant forum. We may let some posts slide, we may not even see them (I dont read every single thread ... especially after a week's holidays), we may move others, it just depends on our interpretation of how valid a thread is in the forum its posted in.