Season Ticket Renewals - calls from the club?

Mrs Pauliebee

The club were letting U12'S in for free with a paying adult, i had paid for a season ticket, but some freinds stood at the gates and just asked people if they could go in with them so as to get in for free.

Naturally i complained to the club about this

Some mate you are!!

Email from club today, deadline extended, see below

Don?t worry if you haven?t been able to get down to the stadium to renew your season ticket. 

Due to a high volume of sales this year we have extended the deadline to Wednesday 9th July at 4pm. 

The shop will be open for renewals on TODAY  from 10am to 4pm, and on Monday to Wednesday from 10am to 6pm.

All unclaimed seats will be released for general sale on Thursday 10th July at 10am.

and

Also available in the shop are next season?s replica HOME KIT ? get yours now for the summer holidays!

We also have for sale tickets for our two home pre-season friendlies, v Ross County on 15th July and St Johnstone on 19th July.

In the current economic climate, I would be amazed if season ticket sales were not significantly down on last year. The cost of living is relatively higher than this time last year with food, power and fuel costs rapidly increasing, so a ST will be seen by some as a "luxury" that needs to be cut back.

To combat this, a business needs to make it as easy as possible for its customers to part with their cash, and to keep parting with it on a regular basis. I think ICT are failing in this respect.

My plan would be to have a "rolling contract" for season tickets. Say, for an adult ?30/month for the Main Stand or ?25/month for the North Stand. Payments to be taken every month of the year. ST holder has the option to cancel during the month of June. If they don't cancel by the end of June then season ticket is automatically sent out.

A decent signing or two would do a better job than ten thousand phone calls. You're bloody good at sales, Ang, but I'd hope you've already pointed out to management that even you can't project the USPs, benefits and innate value of a solid, low-energy, non-volatile, two-to-one merger of the hottest properties on earth to the Eskimos. We already like football and are already devoted to ICT, but for the last couple of seasons the product has been pretty crap, and there's no promise that it's going to be better this time round.

Quick idea - was it ?70,000 per place in the SPL? If so, with 3,000 season tickets sold, you could offer at least ?23 discount per league place to existing season ticket holders based on the last twelve games, provided they renewed before the end of the season. The prospect of around ?75 off for next season's ticket could get a lot more people shouting the team on, and if the incentive worked and you got the money in the bank before the summer, you'd make a fair bit back in interest. You might even get enough season books sold to be able to outbid League One sides at the start of the window  :rolleyes02:

I received two phone calls from the club, one last Monday as a "reminder" and a further one on Thursday evening. When I said I would not be renewing a number of questions then followed as to why. The caller was courteous at all times but I distinctly got the impression that the renewing of ST's was becoming a bit of an issue, maybe I was wrong.

I have supported the club since Div 2 days but just can't bring myself around to shell out ?600+ for myself and my son to sit in the main stand for another season when all the signs point to boredom and relegation. I really feel ICT are going to struggle this year. Management have waited too long, relying on an ageing team which is not going to improve without new blood. There are 4 or 5 players that are simply not good enough for the SPL and a further 2 or 3 who think they are better than they really are and in my mind undermining the team.  Excluding Niculae, Cowie and possibly Imrie I think the rest need to take a long hard look at themselves. Now I realise that the club has limited resources and people like myself not renewing their ST does not help, but the board has to ask themselves one question, how much will it cost the club if they get relegated. ?

I received two phone calls from the club, one last Monday as a "reminder" and a further one on Thursday evening. When I said I would not be renewing a number of questions then followed as to why. The caller was courteous at all times but I distinctly got the impression that the renewing of ST's was becoming a bit of an issue, maybe I was wrong.

I have supported the club since Div 2 days but just can't bring myself around to shell out ?600+ for myself and my son to sit in the main stand for another season when all the signs point to boredom and relegation. I really feel ICT are going to struggle this year. Management have waited too long, relying on an ageing team which is not going to improve without new blood. There are 4 or 5 players that are simply not good enough for the SPL and a further 2 or 3 who think they are better than they really are and in my mind undermining the team.  Excluding Niculae, Cowie and possibly Imrie I think the rest need to take a long hard look at themselves. Now I realise that the club has limited resources and people like myself not renewing their ST does not help, but the board has to ask themselves one question, how much will it cost the club if they get relegated. ?

To be fair, we have, since the beginning of last season, taken in five new players and secured the services of seven from the youths. There will likely be another couple before the season starts.

Wholesale changes just dont work. There has to be an element of continuity from season to season. A mix of youth and experience and the coaching staff are now of the opinion that our youth players are ready to take up the challenge whilst retaining some of those who have the experience and ability to help those youths and new players fit in and adapt to the rigours of first team SPL football as an ICT player.

jaml23, I think your being a bit unfair in writing of the team we have this season before they have even kicked a ball in earnest. None of us know how we will perform but I dont believe we are relegation fodder just yet.