Niculae

Harry Chibber

If you received a bid of   

98 members have voted

1. 1.

• Sell him?
    • Keep him?

This seems to be the topic that is splitting most posters on the forum so thought I'd put it to a poll. 

Rules:

If you don't sell then you can enjoy one year of Niculae before he goes to another club for free.

The offer has come from a club outside the UK.

40% of the fee can be used to sign new players.

The question is this:

If an offer of ?1mil was made for Niculae and you had the finger on the button would you sell him?

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This seems to be the topic that is splitting most posters on this forum so thought I'd put it to a poll. 

The question is this:

If an offer of ?1mil was made for Niculae and you had the finger on the button would you sell him?

I think the poll would be a lot more relevant is the figure was ?500,000 as opposed to a million as I think this is the amount received will be a lot closer to this figure

You said it yourself Harry.....too many variables.

e.g. Since I have my finger on the button am I allowed to offer an extended contract as one of the options?

Can I assume that Barrowman hasn't been signed and put the money towards someone who might come close to replacing Marius?

Do I have to be a voted on member of the Board of Directors or can I buy my way in to the decision making process so I don't have to carry the can if I make the wrong choice?

Do I have to believe the press speculation that we're freeing up a ?5000/week wage or should I base it on the truth?

I could go on, but I think you get the idea.

I agree with Stevico. If you want the fans opinions on what the board should do, the poll should be set to ?500k. Otherwise its just a poll on what value we place on Marius.

Anyways, if the offer was ?500k Id keep him, but for ?1 million I probably would sell him.

e.g. Since I have my finger on the button am I allowed to offer an extended contract as one of the options?

Can I assume that Barrowman hasn't been signed and put the money towards someone who might come close to replacing Marius?

Do I have to be a voted on member of the Board of Directors or can I buy my way in to the decision making process so I don't have to carry the can if I make the wrong choice?

Do I have to believe the press speculation that we're freeing up a ?5000/week wage or should I base it on the truth?

No

No

No

No

No

No

No

No

Point proven....it's not a simple "sell or no sell" situation.

As for those who think we can get 2 or 3 good players for even ?1 Million, would you care to name them or give some suggestions as to where they would come from.

Good point CaleyD, even if Brew was to be given money for new players it's still a hard job getting players to come to Inverness. I want to see Niculae here for another season as i believe with a good pre-season under his belt we can see the best of him next season, whereas we only saw it in flashes last season.

Jackson from St J, Ludovic Roy from Dundee, try to convince Steve Lovell to stay in Scotland (although unlikely)

but I'd expect with the ?250k left over a scout would be able to tempt one of the top scorers in Div 2 in England, another Chris Porter for example!

Jackson from St J, Ludovic Roy from Dundee, try to convince Steve Lovell to stay in Scotland (although unlikely)

but I'd expect with the ?250k left over a scout would be able to tempt one of the top scorers in Div 2 in England, another Chris Porter for example!

I was kinda hoping for suggestions that would strengthen the squad, not fill it with more unproven players.  As for Lovell....he'd cost us more than Marius is at present and isn't any better IMO....meaning we'd be better off keeping what we have.

Let's not forget that as well as signing these players we also have to pay them....and we already know the club is making this decision because they want to free up wages.....right?  :015:

but that's the point we are not in any position to buy proven players, Niculae was a fluke purchase.  We are only going to make money and progress by producing youth players or looking to the lower divisions as we have done since we were first established  as ICT.  Unless the club decide to throw wages at players and become the next Leeds, Dundee, Livi, Gretna etc. we're going to have to continue selling our biggest asset to invest for the future.

Eventually when we have a full stadium each week we can start to take risks but we are far from that at the moment 

I agree, we are a selling club and probably will be for a very long time, if not always.  But there's a time to sell and there's a time when you have to make best use of what you have to progress or you never get anywhere.

To offload your 3 experienced Strikers in a single summer and replace them with unproven players is lunacy, even if we could expect ?1 Million.  Not only would we very likely have to pay a sizeable sum for an equally or closely matched replacement but it's almost certain we'd be paying higher wages to them.

Yes, we have to sell/rotate players to make money, but it has to be done sensibly as relegation could cost us a lot more...and some.

If I were chairman I'd be looking deeper than the money in the bank. I'd be basing my decision on:

1. What he can bring to the club if we keep him?

2. Does he want to stay and give his all for this club? i.e can I persuade him to extend?

3. Is our income base strong enough to maintain a higher than normal salary?

4. Does our Head Coach think he's a must to help progress the club?

5. Is the dressing room happy?

6. Will I win the board over on this?

So, even at a million I sit on the fence cos I aint the chairman.

He scored a very meagre 8 goals in the SPL and barely justified a place in the team for much of last season. 6 months ago many fans would have been delighted for someone to take him off our hands on a free.

He has improved since then, driven by the possibility of an international recall. But for me, the point at which I would hesitate to sell him would be around ?200,000.

As good a player as Marius is or isnt....the bottom line is, we we showed no sign of progression up the league despite his presence last season. On that basis, ad take any reasonable sum and run.

Kepp him keep him keep him.

I don't tend to believe much in the press regarding Marius these days, as with what Scotty pointed out on a previous thread, it's all lies and rubbish coming from the club/journalists.

If ICT were so eager to rid themselves of marius, then they surely would have done it with the firs or second offer that came to them, not wait and see who else might offer and meet their own valuation.

ICT budgeted for Marius 2-year wage to enable all parties to honour the contract. I see this as nothing more than politics within the club and nothing to do with finance or player quality - and lets face it, Marius hs plenty of it (quality i mean).

With all the support the club and fans gave to Marius, not to mention the praise he has for us, it seems nothing more than disgraceful to treat him so appaulingly. This is just my opinion and everyone is entitled to it, but i am seriously seething about how this saga has made the barrowman signing look so dull and miniature!!! :008:

Some comments in the P & J article today made me raise an eyebrow.....

It would seem ?500,000 is now the magic figure

Brewster mentions some of the money would go to 'pay off certain things' - any ideas?

He hopes he would get some of the money if he needed it!!

I think a lot of people have assumed that any money we got from selling Niculae would go straight into the transfer budget - looks like they need to think again.

If this sale does go ahead, I don't believe for a minute that a penny of it will be made available to Brewster.

:023:

It'd be interesting if someone from the club could confirm this transfer figure as I see they are still quoting Niculae's wages to be ?4000 per week.

It was ?5000 according to the Daily Record the other day  :015:

The only reason that I can think of that the club are letting this figure fly is because they think there's still fans out there who will believe it and it adds weight to the decision to sell him.  Even after all that's happened in the last 12 months they still think we're stupid....when in reality, they're only making themselves look like the idiots.

I'd definitely keep him, if we could get him signed up for at least another 2 years beyond the end of his current contract.  Otherwise, obviously I'd cash in.  Assuming he did sign up for 2 more years that would take him beyond next world cup.  If he were still to be in Romanian team then, assuming they qualify, then his value would be even greater than it is now.