Niculae

Harry Chibber

If you received a bid of   

98 members have voted

1. 1.

• Sell him?
    • Keep him?

Bennet has confirmed that we received, but rejected, a "realistic" offer from Kaiserslautern. Also says it is more likely than before that Niculae will be with us for the new season, but I wouldn't read too much into that.

My interpretation is that we're holding out for a bit more money, but know that he will be going there. In the meantime he won't be featuring in case he gets injured and scuppers everything, or in case his suitors see him play and realise that he isn't actually anywhere near as good as his international status suggests.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree with what you write Yngwie-that does seem to be the logical  explanation.

However, it makes more sense to think that the club is trying  to ensure that Marius does not sustain an injury than it does from the point of view that other clubs STILL don't know or understand his talent--to believe that is a longshot I think. And if you agree with my opinion then it does seem more and more likely that the club management feels that a "realistic" bid will shortly turn into a positively acceptable bid followed shortly thereafter by an accepted bid.

Otherwise it is very strange that one of the top players in the team is not joining his mates in training and pre-season games especially since we know that he took a whiley to get to a finely tuned fitnmess level when he came here first.

Sorry folks, but IMO he is toast (Canadian slang for "gone with the wind" )--sooner rather than later methinks.  :011:

Seriously what a fecKin shambles of a  club

Our only valuable asset of a player is rushed back to play in our local derby 3 days after his return from the Euro championships and his honeymoon and then is suddenly 'allowed' a week off for personal business - get a grip  :33: Why not just hand a 'For Sale' sign round his head and sell him to the first team that offers us cash

I am also puzzled by certain posters questioning of Niculae's talents. Perhaps they should take a long hard look at the rest of the squad before they cast aspersions>

I am worried that decisions that have obviously been made well in advance of the coming season will ultimately lead to our relegation :029:

I am worried that decisions that have obviously been made well in advance of the coming season will ultimately lead to our relegation :029:

Decisions have certainly been made and the worst part is that these decisions were not necessarily for football reasons. I am not so certain we will be relegated but I fear that we will be down around there for much of the season.

yeah, what a great idea , i know, what we should do is sell our only player of value, an international player who spread the name of inverness caley jags around the world in the summer, and replace him with a little you tube p00f who couldnt handle travelling from edinburgh to motherwell, a whole 40 mile ( if that ) and has scored 9 goals in hs carreer to date

WTF is going on ? the club is a shambles  :008: :008:

we were alwayse going to be a stepping stone for him and i would rather have a good offer this year than lose him for nothing next year . he has made a differance to the team during his time here but so have others and they moved on as well and he aint the only international we have currently in our squad

we were alwayse going to be a stepping stone for him and i would rather have a good offer this year than lose him for nothing next year . he has made a differance to the team during his time here but so have others and they moved on as well and he aint the only international we have currently in our squad
iam the opposite,id rather lose him for nowt next season,than sell him now

What about: ?500k for Marius, and throw in Brewster for free  :023: :023: :023: :023: :023:
what about ?500k for nicalue,and throw in all the brewster bashers for free ,so we dont have to hear it constantly daily :014: :023:

Inverness striker Marius Niculae is poised to seal a ?400,000 transfer to Dinamo Bucharest. (Daily Express)

If we can hold out for a bit more, just take the money and run.  He isn't as great as many make him out to be, yes he has a classy touch and skill, but he's a striker, he's paid ( a lot by our standards) to score goals and win games, he didn't do that last season, only around 10 goals and 2 of those against Arbroath.

No player should/can never be or even close to be as big as the club.  Take the money and bring in a few new faces hopefully.

Inverness striker Marius Niculae is poised to seal a ?400,000 transfer to Dinamo Bucharest. (Daily Express)

If we can hold out for a bit more, just take the money and run.  He isn't as great as many make him out to be, yes he has a classy touch and skill, but he's a striker, he's paid ( a lot by our standards) to score goals and win games, he didn't do that last season, only around 10 goals and 2 of those against Arbroath.

No player should/can never be or even close to be as big as the club.  Take the money and bring in a few new faces hopefully.

surely we'll get more than 400k, at least 500k!

Has he not previously ruled out a move to Bucharest already himself?

I haven't been a fan of Brewster since he returned but he is winning me round at the moment. I dont think its fair he's getting critism for any of this as a) HE never brought him in and b) ANY decision about whether Niculae plays in friendlies etc is more than likely going on above him. He'll have been told there was a high risk he'd lose him and he'll more than likely been offered ca chance to reinvest to appease.

I don't think Brewster should foot any blame on this one. His job is team selection and tactics and keeping the lads fresh, happy and motivated and he wont have alot of say on finances in terms of company assets like that.

Cash in on the no-mark mercenary fer fecks sake - He has done next to feck all fer us apart from drag us down. Get the spondoolachs and let some other poor cnuts suffer the terrace anxt for this over-rated, lazy Eastern European *******.

But dont give the feckin money to Brewster  :010:

what about ?500k for nicalue,and throw in all the brewster bashers for free ,so we dont have to hear it constantly daily :014: :023:

So I'm allowed my opinion as long as it tallies with yours?

I don't think Brewster should foot any blame on this one. His job is team selection and tactics and keeping the lads fresh, happy and motivated and he wont have alot of say on finances in terms of company assets like that.

I'm sure Brewster had nothing to do with Niculae's situation and I'm sure if Marius goes it will be better for Brewster and team morale.

Doesn't stop me thinking we need a new manager though. How many of the people sticking up for Brewster went to any away games last year?

It's said somewhere before that Marius clapped his cheering fans behind the goal on tuesday, for longer than he usually does.

I too noticed this and have a disgusting feeling that this was his last game in a ICT shirt.

In support of Marius, we shall no doubt still have his flag and chant his name for a couple more seasons to come. He has been an asset to the club in my opinion, and the board are using him as a pawn in a very sickening game of chess. A player of his calibre, not to mention his personal handling of the entire fiasco, only goes to show the club that they are indeed a shambles.

Doing it and meaning it are two completely different things - Hleb kissed the Barcelona flag on his arrival - It means feck all to the Mercenary than publicity. We  were his path to more feckin money - he used us - he benefitted - he was basically a waste of feckin money - he will basically get more money for being crap somewhere else.

the club are a shambles but I would rather keep Rory than the greedy lazy *******.

Well IHE, you haven't posted for a while... and let me just say I've not missed your Marius-bashing one bit.

He turned down more lucrative offers to come here. He has said to the press he is happy to stay here, hardly the thing you would say if you were chasing a transfer. He was our top scorer last season, one of the highest on the list of assists also, and earned us ?3000 a day at the Euros, imo certainly not a waste of money.

The fact that you are calling our top scorer from last season, and the only ICT player ever to appear at the Euros crap, suggests you know "feck" all about football.

Maybe its that you have been watching football for a lot longer than me. But imo signing Marius was a great decision. Marius covered more ground than anyone on the pitch against Holland this summer, hardly sounds like a "lazy, greedy *******".

The club are using Marius, not the other way around. Not only is he putting up with this, he's getting slagged off on here.  :33: :33:

Regardless of where he is next season, Marius is a legend.