Good news

Bridge_Ender

Guest Benchy

It certainly looks as though arabs such as myself wont be seeing Brown or Dods. Brown would have been a good signing in my opinion but you can keep Dods!

What kind of player is the lad Proctor? I hear a team are in for him. Surely is he's any cop then Brew would have been sniffing.

Guest Benchy

It will be an interesting close season anyway, I'm sure there will be a couple of rude awakenings for all parties concerned.

:004:

Guest Benchy

He just might, you never know! You would know first hand how good a manager he is, I'm sure the players do too.

Hmm, I dunno. Ask many an ICT fan and they will say he isn't that good a manager. he has a **** of a job on his hands at Yinited though. So far he hasn't had to majorily overhaul a sqaud. At ICT he got a good group of guys that played for each other and the team was very steady. United are 'underachieving' and are in disarray and he hasn't come across that before. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Guest Benchy

I agree he has a tough job, however with the players we are due to bring in over the next couple of months we will have a great chance to eventually progress.

Brewster and his staff have the attributes to mould a winning team, however, the players coming in must be hungry to achieve or it wont work.

Brewster and his staff have the attributes to mould a winning team

You have sacked two managers who both managed to get so much more out of so called 'not good enough' players yet you seem to think that is the players fault and not brews?! :017:

Guest Benchy

Trust me, the previous managers bowed to the players and the performances werent as good as some results suggest. Heads went down once it was realised who was leaving, that, compiled with injuries culminated in a poor end to the season.

Brew is a 4-4-2 man, we dont have the players to play that formation and have had to play many players out of position. Brew is looking to get more balance in the team.

Trust me, the previous managers bowed to the players and the performances werent as good as some results suggest. Heads went down once it was realised who was leaving, that, compiled with injuries culminated in a poor end to the season.

Brew is a 4-4-2 man, we dont have the players to play that formation and have had to play many players out of position. Brew is looking to get more balance in the team.

Surely what really matters though is results. Regardless of who was playing or what formation was being used Chisolm essentially secured your SPL place and got punted. Brewster then takes the exact same squad on a nose dive towards Division One where only the good start made by Chisolm ended up saving you and Livis mince performances.

Guest Benchy

We nose dived because players were found out, it's as pure and simple as that. The players were simply not adaptable and it was a case of being mathematically safe and seeing who fill fit into the regime. There will be more than the 7 that have been announced to leave Tannadice in the summer I think.

Do you honestly think that results would have been as dire if we were actually threatened with relegation? Obviously not, you werent at the games before and after to see.

Brewster was probably our best player and he raised the fitness levels after Robbo, who was reputed to be lax on fitness. He also changed the diets etc.

But I think as a manager the verdict is 'not proven'.

Guest caleycallum

I've heard it all before "United will be good next season because they are getting some new players" Miller, Fernandes, Richie, Colgan all good players that did pish and united.

I rep[eat Benchy--I don't think that you have your troubles to seek at D>U>

When Brewster the player left some thought ICT woould go down hill a bit--never happened. Five out of five wins at the end. Our team hadss something that perhaps your team has not--honesty of purpose.

Good luck with Brew in his third or fourth season --if he survives that long , that is. :017: