Shearer Returns as coach

mikeyrob73

I don't think he has ever apologised to the fans probably similar character to Brewster i.e. pig headed

I think he should be made to go out onto the centre spot before the first home game and publicly address the home support with an apology for the unprofessional and disgraceful manner that he conducted himself in. :018:

I don't think he has ever apologised to the fans probably similar character to Brewster i.e. pig headed

I think he should be made to go out onto the centre spot before the first home game and publicly address the home support with an apology for the unprofessional and disgraceful manner that he conducted himself in. :018:

That's the spirit! Rosco should open a vein and Shearer shood drink his blud while rolling nekkid in an ICT flag and swearing on his wife and childrens lifes that there will never be another team and that he has wept the bitter tears of regret every night since Tam Cowan held him up for a nation to ridicule. Then buy everyone a pie and dance the Tarantella with Marius till both are sick. Then buys Dave Millroy a pint.

I have to say, that of all the people that have left the club Shearers departure, or more accurately the manner with which he publicised it, p!ssed me off more than any other.  Whilst I don't expect him to be publicly ridiculed if he should return he shouldn't expect to be welcomed by the fans with open arms.

As the saying goes...."Be careful that the toes you step on today aren't connected to the butt you might have to kiss tomorrow."

The slightly expanded story is that both he and Pele were paraded at the TCS (or CS in those days) and talked of signing or having signed 5 year contracts. As I remember it - and Charles B who was also at that press conference can correct me if I am wrong - Dunc had been working without a contract for some time and Pele -who did most of the talking - looked us all straight in the eye and said they were going nowhere and the contract for Dunc was long overdue.

This contract signing was hastily arranged after Pele had turned down the Dundee Utd job that eventually went to Ian McCall and there was rampant speculation at the time that he had been quietly advised to turn it down as "something better" was about to come up.

Within a week (or so) Dunc was smugly playing up to the Aberdeen fans in the audience of Tam Cowan's TV show - which was coming from Aberdeen that week - and basically confirmed that he and Pele would be the new management team at Pittodrie. I dont recall if he said anything bad about ICT but it certainly felt like it at the time.