merged: Adam Rooney

Guest zxycba

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on the Stoke Official site also

Rooney, meanwhile, will travel out for a week long training camp in Denmark with Scottish Premier League side Inverness Caledonian Thistle,The Irish striker spent time at Chesterfield and Bury on loan last season and also scored in last night's 3-0 friendly win over Newcastle Town

:003:

I've probably been more optimistic/hopeful than anyone about us holding on to Niculae, but even I've come to realise that those making the decision are so blinkered by other issues that they aren't likely to come around.  I am therefore resigned to the fact that Niculaes career as in ICT Player is very likely over.

I could be wrong, but I think his appearance against Ross C*unty was the one and only chance fans had to congratulate him for his participation in the Euros and thank him for his time at ICT.

So, in short....yes, I would say that any Strikers we are looking at from here on in are most definitely being considered as his replacement.

I could be wrong, but I think his appearance against Ross C*unty was the one and only chance fans had to congratulate him for his participation in the Euros and thank him for his time at ICT.

Far from being wrong, I think you hit the nail squarely on the head there .... I thought as much after reading the comments of some of the lads who mentioned how he stood and clapped all the way through their song for him instead of just acknowledging it briefly.

When he does go, I hope the real story comes out and I also hope that he can see and apprecite the difference between the fans view of him and the view of certain officials.

From what i know he spent last season on loan at a host of Lower english league clubs.

and he is a Republic of Ireland international for U 21s

Guest Mahonio

I believe he is a good player, one in my opinion worth signing.

Jesus, what ammount of decent strikers we will have striking down SPl teams, First possibly Elliot, now A Rooney who has played against decent championship defences.

If Elliot and Adam Rooney come i will be more than confident of top 6 finish.

Guest zxycba

If Elliot and Adam Rooney come i will be more than confident of top 6 finish.

You must be one of very few.  Our defence is very very poor.

After seeing Lionel play during the week against Ross Co, I think we now have a stronger defence.  I was quite impressed with his tackles and passing of the ball.  He also tall and would aid air defence.  The only area I can see he didn't shine was a having a shot a goal. 

We also have some young talent ready to contribute.  Yes, I would agree our defence has let us down in the past.  But it doesn't mean it will always be that way.  If things were that bad, we would not be where we are.  I think things will be better than last season.  The recent and possible signings are quite positive and a move in the right direction. 

I agree you need a bit of faith!!

I believe he is a good player, one in my opinion worth signing.

What do you base that on?

Jesus, what ammount of decent strikers we will have striking down SPl teams

Ehh, who exactly?

Hope this boy is quick because we have the least mobile bunch of strikers imaginable at the moment. Long ball here we come!

Hope this boy is quick because we have the least mobile bunch of strikers imaginable at the moment. Long ball here we come!

Hope it's not the long ball game we'll resort to - we had far too much of that last season and was clearly a sign that attacking options and ideas had run out.

:007:

Guest WynessLegend

The story's on the ICT site - always a good source of information.

Also confirms that Niculae won't be travelling with the rest of the squad tomorrow.

Barrowman, Wood, Mcallister, Imrie, with the possible addition of Elliot and Rooney. If Marius goes, as is looking increasingly likely, our pool of forwards will be almost totally lacking in experience. I really fear for next season unless we sign at least one experienced striker.

Has anyone actually seen Rooney play either in the flesh or on TV?

I read a few comments on other threads saying he'd be an excellent signing but I'm not sure what people are basing this on - to be honest I'd never even heard of the guy.

Bit worried to read his wikipedia entry and to discover he's only 10 inches tall!!  :015: