merged: Adam Rooney

Guest zxycba

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume some sort of deal must have been done as I believe player can not be listed by name if not contracted to club - has to be listed as Trialist....but then again it was Burnley :018:

Once went to a wedding of a Burnley fan and the groom's party were all decked out in Claret and Blue....he had a hard time of it at work though as his company at the time were the main sponsor for Blackburn Rovers....and there is no love lost there.... :rotflmao:

PS - Jock - we lost 2-1 if you have not read match report yet :thumb04:

the worrying thing for me was where it says ?It looks like we will go into the Aberdeen match with the squad already here but I am trying to sort out the Rooney situation.?

still need a few new faces on board if you ask me, still not defensively up to scratch IMO and definately still lightweight up front.

Wonder what happened to the Steven Milne rumour? is he going to sign? will we get a defender? will Rooney come to us? will Marius get his money? ..... jeez so many questions and so few answers.

In one of the papers yesterday Brew was saying we still need "one or two" new signings.

He's no managerial genius, but I'm sure even he realises that sorting the defence out is priority, even if he won't say so publicly.

story in the daily record here about Rooney and the game against Burnley

this bit in particular looks promising:

STOKE striker Adam Rooney looks to have sealed a loan deal at Inverness Caley Thistle after impressing in the final match of his trial stint.

Rooney played 80 minutes of the pre-season friendly defeat against Owen Coyle's Burnley at Turf Moor and is looking forward to spending a year at the Highland club.

He said: "Hopefully I can join Caley Thistle. I've spoken to Stoke manager Tony Pulis and although they aren't pushing me out they want me to get experience and games.

"I'd love to play in Scotland, especially against Celtic and Rangers."

Some opinions from the Chesterfield Forum:

Hussle and bustle player who has scored a few. Opinion split on here. Some say he should still be here as our back up striker others like myself think we can do better.

You can't knock the lads work rate and comittment in any game he plays and whilst ever he is on the pitch he will try.

The one thing he lacks to make him a good player is pace.

good player, hope he does well for you

I still think we would be a stronger squad with Rooney in it.

Unfortunately lack of first team opportunities made him throw the toys out of the pram.

hope he does well.

He needs a long run of games in a team and his true potential could well be seen....... good aquisition for you!

Good little player in my opinion, never really ahd the run of games he needed to establish himself but he did have some flashes where you could see his class.

Good luck to you for the upcoming season, I think Rooney will be a decent signing for you

scored a few goals for us even though he hardly had a decent run in the side. never really looked outstanding when he played even though he was from higher opposition on loan. should do ok for cally thistle really but dont expect fireworks.

7/10

They also asked me about Dave Caldwell who used to play for Caley (pre-merger) and Chesterfield but, unfortunately I know nothing about as I'm only a pup

good player?

They also asked me about Dave Caldwell who used to play for Caley (pre-merger) and Chesterfield but, unfortunately I know nothing about as I'm only a pup

good player?

Davie Caldwell was a bit mental. He got a second spell at Caley about 1993 and got a couple of sendings-off. Pretty good finisher. Last time I saw him he was playing in the juniors with Bon-Accord alongside Wilsie Robertson and he got sent off.....

Davie Caldwell was a bit mental. He got a second spell at Caley about 1993 and got a couple of sendings-off. Pretty good finisher. Last time I saw him he was playing in the juniors with Bon-Accord alongside Wilsie Robertson and he got sent off.....

yeh they said he ws sent off 4 times in one season for them... sounds like a nut job

plenty of money spent on him though... Wiki has him signing from Caley to Mansfield for ?35k in 1978!!! That's alot of cash for a highland league player

Davie Caldwell was a class act from what i remember, back in the day. Was a non nonsense player in the same mould as Paul Cherry. Oh to have a player with his dig in the team now.

Guest birdog

Aye its a different rule when the moderators chat about non-topic stuff......

Their site, their rules and are subject to change whenever and however they feel fit regardless of who is right. Unfortunate but that's life. We just have to accept it.

i can see rooney not signing,as its taking so long,never seen a loan deal so drawn out :rotflmao:

I think the Niculae saga might have tied up a few folk at the club who would normally deal with this kind of stuff. Hopefully we can get something sorted out. Our forward line is looking pretty lightweight just now.