merged: Adam Rooney

Guest zxycba

As is well known, I am not a Brewster fan. But credit where it's due, I hope he turns out to be a great signing. We haven't been handing out 3 year deals for ages but there was another one recently. Was it Barrowman?

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to MFR it was a club record fee which 50,000 wouldnt be hmm so wonder where they get it from :rotflmao:

Also wonder what kind of wage he wld b on i doubt it is the same as the rest of the lads under 1k i wld expect between 2-3 k what u think?

Have to say I was expecting it to be a fair bit more than the 50k quoted. Maybe that's just his wages :thumb04:

50k quoted to me from several sources so think that may be a bonafide number.

City striker Adam Rooney has today joined Inverness Caledonian Thistle for an initial fee of ?50,000.

Rooney will link up with the Scottish Premier League side ahead of their first home game of the season against Hamilton Academical tomorrow in a deal that could rise to ?75,000 and also includes a percentage sell-on clause.

http://www.stokecityfc.premiumtv.co.uk/pag...1367455,00.html

Delighted to see that we pulled of the move on a permanent basis as I don't like the idea of young players coming on loan, us spending money on their development/training and them going off for free at the end of their time....at least now we know that the time and money will be invested in someone with potential who we'll have a chance of recouping some cash back for if he decides to move on at any point in the future.

slightly OT here....but i was reading that Dutch trialist Kiran Bechan has departed with no view to signing him. Brewster quoted as saying he is a technically gifted player but he would want to see him in a game.

RiG....methinks you (and many others, myself included) are gonna be let down regarding signing a defender. There seems to be absoulutely no effort being made to address the problem

Edited by SMEE

Squad number? Notice we are still without a No.9 since Bayne left.

Also looks to be a big lad, which Brewster commented on. The 5 ft 10" on his wiki page must need updating...

Delighted to see that we pulled of the move on a permanent basis as I don't like the idea of young players coming on loan, us spending money on their development/training and them going off for free at the end of their time....at least now we know that the time and money will be invested in someone with potential who we'll have a chance of recouping some cash back for if he decides to move on at any point in the future.

If the Beeb's to be believed we didn't 'pull off' anything - we wanted him on loan, but Stoke wanted to offload him. Whatever, I agree, got a hunch he'll turn out well for us.

Round of applause for Grassa and Brewster really needs to come out because they really have pulled of a good deal here.

Pleased that he has come to us, hopefully he can replicate the form of Anthony Stokes only the good bit is we don't have to send him back in January :rotflmao: .

Hopefully we will get to see him in action tomorrow. Overall a good day for ICT.

Same feelings as most other posters - this is a bold bit of business which suggests the club is being more ambitious in building for the future. Really hope it pays off for us. It's also nice to be taken slightly by surprise (ie by the permanent deal & length of contract), as every potential piece of club business appears to have been prevaricated over in full public view in the past couple of years.

Will be interesting to see what Brew's tactics are for tomorrow - was he intending to stay with one up front against Hamilton, and will this change now? Gut feeling is Rooney may still start on the bench.

Also looks to be a big lad, which Brewster commented on. The 5 ft 10" on his wiki page must need updating...

According to the Stoke City page he is actually 5ft 10"

According to the Stoke City page he is actually 5ft 10"

Then he must be standing on a beer crate when posing for the picture with Brewster! As there is no way Brewster is shorter than 5 ft 10" :rotflmao:

slightly OT here....but i was reading that Dutch trialist Kiran Bechan has departed with no view to signing him. Brewster quoted as saying he is a technically gifted player but he would want to see him in a game.

RiG....methinks you (and many others, myself included) are gonna be let down regarding signing a defender. There seems to be absoulutely no effort being made to address the problem

The Brewster (or is it just everyone at the club?) haters just can't help themselves.

We get a promising young lad, who wants to come here, in on a three year deal after a long pursuit. But hey, lets just focus on any weakness we have and forget the good news.

Said elsewhere it is wrong to assume that "absolutely no effort being made to address the problem", either that or delight in the chance to slag those involved for being unsuccessful. In your case I've no doubt that the opportunity to slag gives far more pleasure than the chance to either praise or accept that despite best efforts, nothing has been delivered as yet.

I'm hoping for a right good season.

You carry on praying for failure and the chance to give folk a right good slagging!

For those that think we are doing nothing to sign a defender (and you may be right, I dont know) ....... can I ask you one question ....... Did you know we were going to sign Rooney on a three year deal as opposed to a loan ? No ? Neither did the rest of us.

The club have shown - for once - that they can conduct business quietly and that is definitely a positive. I will criticise them where it is due, but this time I have to praise them as they got it right.

I am sure Brewster has his eye out for a decent defender to bolster the squad but he is either doing it quietly (so as not to alert other teams) or he quite simply has not found anyone who is (i) available, (ii) better than what we have, and (iii) affordable.

And for all those so quick to jump on anyone who may dare to criticise....all your doing is highlighting the negativity. If you don't have anything to offer by way of counter argument for the criticism then don't jump on people's backs for daring to have an opinion that differs from yours.

i.e. If your going to have a go, then have a go at the point being made, not the person making it.

For those that think we are doing nothing to sign a defender (and you may be right, I dont know) ....... can I ask you one question ....... Did you know we were going to sign Rooney on a three year deal as opposed to a loan ? No ? Neither did the rest of us.

The club have shown - for once - that they can conduct business quietly and that is definitely a positive. I will criticise them where it is due, but this time I have to praise them as they got it right.

I am sure Brewster has his eye out for a decent defender to bolster the squad but he is either doing it quietly (so as not to alert other teams) or he quite simply has not found anyone who is (i) available, (ii) better than what we have, and (iii) affordable.

What he said. :rotflmao:

And for all those so quick to jump on anyone who may dare to criticise....all your doing is highlighting the negativity. If you don't have anything to offer by way of counter argument for the criticism then don't jump on people's backs for daring to have an opinion that differs from yours.

i.e. If your going to have a go, then have a go at the point being made, not the person making it.

:rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: ;) :lol: :015: :D

Brewsters 6 ft 1 so i would say Rooneys may'be a couple of inches taller.

Also it says on sky sports that the fee could stretch from ?50,000 to ?75,000. If thats the case that would make him our record signing wouldn't it? Also says Stoke get a percentage of the sell on fee.

Edited by ajsict92

I think the extra ?25k may be based on number of starts. Thats quite common in negotiations. There's also a sell on clause. So yes, if the extra's paid, he will be our highest fee paid.

Well done the club for negotiating this deal and I hope the lad turns out as expected.

I recall similar praise being handed out to the club when they negotiated a deal to bring Marius to the club, Oh how that has all gone pear shaped!!! Here's hoping they've learned a lesson about ensuring they understand what's in the contract, what's not in the contract and what it all actually means.

Guest WynessLegend

Well done Brew on an astute piece of business which should silence the critics.

A quality signing and a well conducted deal.

The future is bright.

Rooooooooooooooonnnnnneeey!