merged: Adam Rooney

Guest zxycba

delighted it's another 3yr deal for a young player with potential... Rooney is by no means a glamorous stiker, infact quite work man like from what I saw of him. Looks as though he will give centre halves a hard time with his physical presence and I am encouraged by the feedback from other Bury & Chesterfield supporters... especially the remarks about his finishing

Brew & the board have shown some real ambition with this signing IMO, let's hope he turns out to be the missing link in our frontline

Hairy - ma boss IS actually a Stoke City season ticket holder who goes to most of their reserve games as well. He reckons that if the Potters were still in the Championship that they may well have held on to Mr Rooney. He feels that they have let him go as Adam can see that his chances will be limited and he wants to play first team football at as high a level as possible. He has a lot to prove and unfortunately his sights are probably aimed at a higher level eventually and he will be desperate to bring himself to the attention of the FAI.

I reckon that we have got a feckin cracker.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree IHE, those were my words exactly today in work when comparing him to the strikers other teams around us have brought in (Lovell, Russel, Wyness, Peneruu or whoever Hibs brought in)

This could be a real proper bargain, wouldve loved to have seen him in on loan for half a season, this THREE YEAR deal is brilliant, cant wait to get him gelled in.

The Brewster (or is it just everyone at the club?) haters just can't help themselves...

...But hey, lets just focus on any weakness we have and forget the good news...

...You carry on praying for failure and the chance to give folk a right good slagging!

Get a grip. Plenty of folk have commented on the apparent need for a new defender. It's not a stick to beat Brewster with. He has done well with this Rooney deal (certainly looks like he will be a good find) but we do need another defender at the back to help tighten things up. It is a weakness that needs to be addressed. We have a strong midfield and now we have an extra bit of competition up front as well as two keepers vying for a spot between the sticks - all good things.

Hoping that a new defender arrives but being worried by it not being likely to happen (something Brewster himself admitted) is hardly "praying for failure" :rotflmao:

Sorry for going OT somewhat.

And for all those so quick to jump on anyone who may dare to criticise....all your doing is highlighting the negativity. If you don't have anything to offer by way of counter argument for the criticism then don't jump on people's backs for daring to have an opinion that differs from yours.

i.e. If your going to have a go, then have a go at the point being made, not the person making it.

Firstly, I am intelligent enough to offer an alternative point of view i.e. counter arguement, that something is happening behind the scences and as yet has not reaped reward.

Secondly, I am not quick to jump on the person I responded to. I have for a considerable period now, viewed the forum and chosen not to respond to this individual's constant negativity and in particular, personal attacks. In response to a a change of ability to view, I have chosen to become involved as a participant as I couldn't remain a voyeur! Did not understand that my role as a member of the forum was to stand by and allow negativity to go unchallenged. Know my place now!

Thirdly, isn't there a history of problems when good men and women do nothing even though they know its wrong? Are you falling into the trap CD?

Edited by Sorted

Looks like rooney is the the team.

:thumb04:!

The starting 11? If so, how'd you know that?

I see in the Daily Record it is saying that Stoke have put in a "buy back clause" in the transfer. So if he does have an absolute stormer of a season, we could in theory lose him for a similar fee which we paid :rotflmao:

Let's just hope Stoke stay up this season so they can keep spending 5.5 million on duds like Dave Kitson

Point taken RIG

My view is however somewhat tainted by having viewed "the callers" posting history. Therefore I stand by the comment that they would get more pleasure watching a "Brewster" failure than an "ICT" success.

Read the post I responded to and explain what the authour means stating "there seems to be absolutely no effort made to sign a defender"? Is it:

A: Another criticism of the manager based on knowledge

B: Another criticism of the manager based on no knowledge

C: A sly swipe just for the crack

D: All of the above

Answer on my desk first thing Monday please!

Edited by Sorted

no matter what the club does,there certain people who are negative about everything they do,even if we signed c ronaldo,gerrard+torres they would still moan about it,the usual suspects know who they are,but we will never manage to stamp it out iam afraid

delighted it's another 3yr deal for a young player with potential... Rooney is by no means a glamorous stiker, infact quite work man like from what I saw of him. Looks as though he will give centre halves a hard time with his physical presence and I am encouraged by the feedback from other Bury & Chesterfield supporters... especially the remarks about his finishing

Brew & the board have shown some real ambition with this signing IMO, let's hope he turns out to be the missing link in our frontline

Hairy - ma boss IS actually a Stoke City season ticket holder who goes to most of their reserve games as well. He reckons that if the Potters were still in the Championship that they may well have held on to Mr Rooney. He feels that they have let him go as Adam can see that his chances will be limited and he wants to play first team football at as high a level as possible. He has a lot to prove and unfortunately his sights are probably aimed at a higher level eventually and he will be desperate to bring himself to the attention of the FAI.

I reckon that we have got a feckin cracker.

hope your right mate and from what I've seen of him I think he will be a success

It's hard to gauge the ability of a player after only watching for one game but I think he is a steal a ?75k and I'm positive we will only see the benefits from this transfer. He isn't the type of player that's going to have fans at the edge of their seats though, he is very much in the same mould of the type of player Stoke City employ in their first team, big, strong and hardworking. He did seem to have a good first touch and I thought both Barrowman and Rooney linked well.... BUT he is a completely different type of player to Anthony Stokes

coincidentaly my mate, that I go along to most mateches with, wasn't too impressed with him against Burnley so he might not be to everybodys liking

I am sure Brewster has his eye out for a decent defender to bolster the squad but he is either doing it quietly (so as not to alert other teams) or he quite simply has not found anyone who is (i) available, (ii) better than what we have, and (iii) affordable.

Totally agree with this. There is no point signing someone who isnt going to improve the squad without spending over the odds.

Im sure if Brew finds the right player he'd try to sign him. If not we'll have to make do. It has been said before but i'll say it again, GOOD AFFORDABLE centre halves are hard to to come by.

Well done on getting the lad Rooney on a permantent basis for a good contract length. Hopfully the club will continue this policy of longer deals and stop thinking 1st division.

We've had a good 1st game, so lets get behind the lads. EVERYONE chant Rooney Rooney Rooney at todays game if your there and hopefully we'll keep it going.

Lets really push for the top 6!

Point taken RIG

My view is however somewhat tainted by having viewed "the callers" posting history. Therefore I stand by the comment that they would get more pleasure watching a "Brewster" failure than an "ICT" success.

Read the post I responded to and explain what the authour means stating "there seems to be absolutely no effort made to sign a defender"? Is it:

A: Another criticism of the manager based on knowledge

B: Another criticism of the manager based on no knowledge

C: A sly swipe just for the crack

D: All of the above

Answer on my desk first thing Monday please!

Why does it have to be any of the above? And if it does then surely it must be A!!

I forget the exact statement and who at the club made it, but their was reference in the press not so long ago that Djebi-Zadi would be it as far as defensive signings were concerned. An admission, if you were, that the club are making no effort to sign another defender.

I forget the exact statement and who at the club made it, but their was reference in the press not so long ago that Djebi-Zadi would be it as far as defensive signings were concerned. An admission, if you were, that the club are making no effort to sign another defender.

but didnt the club also say nicalue wasnt being sold,when he went back to romania,also said rooney was signing on loan,so they changed maybe defensive plans have also

but didnt the club also say nicalue wasnt being sold,when he went back to romania,also said rooney was signing on loan,so they changed maybe defensive plans have also

good point mate

I think today will be a give Brew an indication on whether he needs another centre half... if Duff has a solid performance today we may not need anyone else

Why does it have to be any of the above? And if it does then surely it must be A!!

I would agree with that. Certainly recall Brewster being quoted in the P & J saying defenders were not being looked at. I think another defender would, along with Rooney and our already strong midfield, would give us a strong squad for the season ahead.

Shurely you have all learned the lesson not to listen to what our club representatives say on a formal basis - learn to read between the lines fer fecks sake.

It would be great if somebody at ICT actually just told us the bottom line fer once - as if we wouldnt understand statements like - we dont have enuff dosh - or we have tried fer --- and he turned it down cos of the wages - but the club then thinks that they are showing themselves up as clowns. How can they be any more clowns than they have been over the last couple of seasons - by not telling the facts at the onset and trying to cloud rumours or issues they ceraete the chinese whispers and end up with egg on their faces as most time the outcome has been forecast on this forum. Shurely they must also understand that this is a small club and information leaks readily.

Brew is happy with the defenders that he has - he wants to be proved right about his signings of Proctor, Maguire or Zadi and his insisitence with Hastings and faith in Munro as a leader. Otherwise he would have to admit tht he has made a mistake - but the Board should be over ruling him on that. We clearly need a central defender with experience - but that may put Brew in a bad light if he was seen to be wrong and a seasoned professional may also challenge Brew - and we know what happens then.