merged: Adam Rooney

Guest zxycba

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my boss at work,s son has played in the same team as rooney before,and my boss reckons hes crap,that classic coming from him,since his son was in the youth team at sheffield utd,and last season couldnt even get a game regularly for elgin city :rotflmao:

Reserve judgement until he is on the team and plays.

Even a disaffected player can come good and be dynamic if the atmosphere at the club and amongst the players is conducive to his settling in and positive towards his contribution. Then talent can blossom. But only a real tough nut can continue to forge ahead in the face of constant nagativity....oops, I meant negativity. :023:

Patience friends, patience. Still you have to admit Brew is trying..... :014:

can i ask why is everyone saying we need an experienced striker??? surely we should be hoping that the current selection can produce the goods. barrowman if the reports are right is like boyd, give him something in the box and he will score or at least test the keeper, then the likes of imrie, rory, wood, wilson, rooney if signed and others can join in. I think we will be fine with the strikers we have.

an experienced striker may be worse. i mean mcsweagen was signed as an experienced striker and what did he do?

According to Brew in P&J Rooney's not really on trial. He was invited to join the team in Denmark so he can assess the ICT set-up and to see if he would fit in. Reading between the lines the contract is already drawn up if the lad accepts it.

Shame it'd be a season loan than a permanent deal...

Really?

Aye. He's a young player who by all accounts has a bright future and will enhance our team. To have him at the club for a few seasons rather than one would be more desirable in my eyes. Just ask Aberdeen if they'd of liked to have Josh Walker or Sone Aluko on a permanent deal  :tic01:

I believe he's got a year to go at Stoke but isn't gauranteed first team football. A transfer would require a fee + compensation under the U-24 rule but if he decided not to re-sign at Stoke next season and stay with us we'd only need to pay any comp if we sold him on before he's 24. Thats my understanding anyway.

I have to say that this would be a pretty strange loan deal.  Loan deals are more often given to players expected to come straight into the team and/or are needed desperately as cover.  To take in an unproven youngster on loan Brewster would have to have a lot of faith that he would add too or be better than what we already have (which granted is a little thin on the ground).

If it is a loan deal then I can only assume that it is with a view to signing him at the end of it, as opposed to Brewster really having lost the plot and thinking next seasons success lies on the shoulders of young unproven players!!!

Pretty sure Anthony Stokes/Sone Aluko/Josh Walker et al were unproven loan signings...

Anyways, here's what Brewster said in yesterday's P&J:

He is here for the whole week with us and it would be a loan move if we got him

I have to say that this would be a pretty strange loan deal.  Loan deals are more often given to players expected to come straight into the team and/or are needed desperately as cover.  To take in an unproven youngster on loan Brewster would have to have a lot of faith that he would add too or be better than what we already have (which granted is a little thin on the ground).

If it is a loan deal then I can only assume that it is with a view to signing him at the end of it, as opposed to Brewster really having lost the plot and thinking next seasons success lies on the shoulders of young unproven players!!!

If we had 2 expierenced goalscorers in our squad and had Rooney on the bench every week, I would say that it was a great signing by Brewster, but like you say, if Brewster is planning on having Rooney as our main striker then he really has lost the plot.

But a loan deal from a EPL side of have like 5 strikers ahead of a young player in the pecking order.  It is good to send him on loan to a club like ours, not a big club but playing SPL football against teams like Celtic and Rangers, it's great for a young player like him to come to a club like ours.

rossco23, neither you, I, or anyone posting on this forum has any idea who will be the first choice players, who will be in the squad come the end of august, or how they will all perform as a team so to throw 'lost the plot' remarks at Brewster at this stage is being a little bit niave and stupid. Lets give the team a chance to see how the first part of the season goes before hurling abuse.

Why should people have to "wait and see" with Brewster when many of us have seen plenty of him during his two spells at the club?  Surely burying your head in the sand when he has already demonstrated obvious flaws is the "naive and stupid" approach?

I was actually just using the words caleyd had used, cause I was agreeing with him.  But you won't want to have an arguement with your boss! :023:

Ross, you obviously dont know me or CaleyD very well. We have agreed to differ on more than one occassion over the years and will do again.

Don, the one difference this season from last, and indeed from his first spell, is that he is making pretty major changes by ICT standards and I think its the result of those changes that he should be judged on. As you well know I wasn't a fan of his return but I will get behind him so long as the important results come good.

As for getting Rooney on loan, there will be some reason for this that is between the player, Stoke and Inverness. Loan deals happen for all sorts of reasons. We took Denzil back on loan before signing him which, considering his contract at Hearts was coming to an end anyway, seemed a strange deal. They could easily have released him but chose not to. These things happen all the time in football.

it isnt a loan deal,if it was/is why bother going on trial,or on a weeks get to know the squad,how many other loanees have done this? :014:

quote from Brew taken from P & J to answer your question Marty.

Adam Rooney is not really on trial, I have invited him over to Denmark for the week and it more about seeing whether he is happy coming up to Inverness.

Brewster appears to be certainly trying. The action on the transfer front can only be described as  a flurry of activity--even slightly bewildering since there are now more options available to him than ever before; at least in the forward positions.

It seems as if he is a shade reluctant to throw ICT's youngsters in at the deep end yet but hopes to blood them during the season to test them and give them more experience in the first team-- which is prudent . To achieve this, however, I think that he will have to solidify the position of the team in the league in the early months to allow him to relax a little and to have a "platform" from which to experiment with these team changes .Meantime , initially I think he will go with as much experience as possible to avoid the possibility of a potentially poor start to the campaign.

Even if the team scores goals regularly from the start  if the defence is woeful all his plans may come to naught so that will also have to be his priority now. Remember ICT did very well because of the better defence over the past few years and a solid replacement for Dods is still critical for solidifying the league positionThat will not happen folks until money is available  to invest in such a player. In this connectiuon Marius may be the key to the whole future of ICT!

Brewster has his hands full right now I am quite sure  so I am for backing him to the hilt until mid season at least  to allow the new playesrs to bed-in, the changes to evolve and the results to improve the spirit and position of the team.

When I read some of the posts on here which are so negative and almost vitriolic towards Brewster , even before the man has had half a chance to benefit from his own changes , I just shake my head  and wonder what the poster hopes to achieve that possibly can benefit the team by uttering such unbalanced drivel ........ eh?

:smash:

Says in the Express that Brewster wants him.

I say go for him. He has a decent record for a limited appearence striker and he has represented his country at U 21 level so he must be ok.