merged: Adam Rooney

Guest zxycba

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So has Rory :010:

Thats it, bring us back to earth eh......

Anyway according to the High News, Bennett is full of praise for Stoke in the way they have handled the Rooney issue,    ' Who have allowed freed under 21 striker Rooney to join ICT in the Danish tour'

Does this mean he has been freed by Stoke and they only need compensation because he's under 24?

We should just get him.

If he's good then we should just take the leap.

Aye, we should go for the lad and show there's a bit of ambition at the club. Come on, get a move on Brew.  :022:

Just to clear this up for everybody.  We only have to pay compensation to an under 24 player if they have been offered a new contract by their current club.  If his contract was ending and he decided to join us and Stoke offered him a new deal we'd have to pay stoke compensation.  If he was going to be out of contract and stoke hadn't offered him a new deal we are able to sign him up for free regardless of the fact he's under 24

The latest: http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/753544/

it isnt a loan deal,if it was/is why bother going on trial,or on a weeks get to know the squad,how many other loanees have done this? :014:

You would appear to be wrong.

The Dublin-born forward scored against Danish First Division side Lolland-Falster Alliancen in a 1-1 draw on Tuesday night and will be offered a loan deal at the club if he continues to impress.

So has Rory :010:

Yes but Rory doesn't have almost a goal a game ratio for the under 21's.

Pardon me, just checked, it was with the under 19's that Rooney had this ratio. He only played twice for the under-21's. Carry on.

Its a loan signing that we're going for. I think he could benifit the team. Still a little worried about the experience in the forward line when/if Niculae moves. Although Im far more concerned about the back line.

Was it not Brewster who brought Dods in? As a tall physical striker does he not know the best type to combat his style of play?

Its a loan signing that we're going for. I think he could benifit the team. Still a little worried about the experience in the forward line when/if Niculae moves. Although Im far more concerned about the back line.

Was it not Brewster who brought Dods in? As a tall physical striker does he not know the best type to combat his style of play?

I think Dods was a Robertson signing - summer before our first seaon in the SPL if I remember rightly? Same principle, though - ex-strikers should understand what makes a good defender by having directly opposing defenders during their careers. I agree with the concenrens about the back line and I worry about Brewster's ability to bring in someone appropriate. I haven't been impressed by Brewster's record of signing defenders - McGuire is temperamental and error-prone and I'm still not convinced by Proctor's defensive qualities, especially in the centre, although I know some posters will disagree with me on this.

It is rather sad that the fans actually know what central defence is lacking and Brewster dosen't.

*McGuire's too small

*Munro at times is too light

*Proctor and Hastings are not centre-backs

*Zadi.....well we will see

We are lacking some burly 6'4 centre back whom every time gets near the ball you know he will get it away.

The reason we have conceded so many goals is because the centre-backs to not have enough strength or height over a big target man like Colin Nish or Mark de Vries.

If Elliot and Adam Rooney come i will be more than confident of top 6 finish.

Rooney we will see. But Elliot would not be a good addition to our team.

I think Dods was a Robertson signing - summer before our first seaon in the SPL if I remember rightly?

You remember correctly.

Elliot was off down South last we heard was he not? MK Dons for ?600k *snigger*

Guest birdog

Tend to agree with the wait and see comments but a colleague of mine worked for an Irish shipping company recently and was lucky enough to see Rooney on a few occasions having gone to see the Irish under 19s play. My colleague is a big Septic fan and when he read that we were having Rooney on trial he told me the guy is excellent and reckons he would be a great signing for us.

Guest birdog

Heres hoping we have an Anthony Stokes like player on our hands if only for a year  :003:

Let's hope that we have that standard of scorer in Barrowman, as has been posted before let's wait and see.

I think Dods was a Robertson signing - summer before our first seaon in the SPL if I remember rightly?

You remember correctly.

Elliot was off down South last we heard was he not? MK Dons for ?600k *snigger*

A paper quoted Elliot as now wanting to stay on the capital

Isn't it fantastically positive that so may people are counting on our SPL survival based a 20 year old with 24 first team starts to his name who hasn't even signed a contract joining us as a first team player!!

Guest birdog

Isn't it fantastically positive that so may people are counting on our SPL survival based a 20 year old with 24 first team starts to his name who hasn't even signed a contract joining us as a first team player!!

I am pinning my hopes on our most experienced and skilled striker to realise his potential, stop trying to be something he is not and start doing the one job in football he excels at.......

Craig Brewster, I think you might need to pull on an ICT strip for just one more season.

:tic01: :tic01: :tic01: